PDA

View Full Version : Kess V2 Vectra 1.9CDTI 120hp EDC16C9 help

bondiblu
29th September, 2014, 01:53 PM
Hi all,

I want to write a file to Vectra 1.9CDTI 120hp EDC16C9 ECU with Original Kess V2, but the Kess does not read, only write.

What file do I need to use?

I read the original ECU with MPPS V12, but I don't trust it to write to this ECU. I already have a BDM backup of this software, but I'd prefer
to do by OBD.

ominimicu
29th September, 2014, 02:58 PM
MPPS read is ok, it jsut has some problems wirtting when it gets to the end. actually it writes ok but deletes the rest. so dont ever use mpps on edc16c39
as for kess i dunno i think it will write perfectly, but that file is a valid obd file!

bondiblu
29th September, 2014, 03:22 PM
MPPS read is ok, it jsut has some problems wirtting when it gets to the end. actually it writes ok but deletes the rest. so dont ever use mpps on edc16c39
as for kess i dunno i think it will write perfectly, but that file is a valid obd file!
Thanks for the response. Yes the read is correct, but of course only a partial read. I'm not sure what the Kess tries to write back though I may just have to try write this file back and see,
unless anyone else has tried this?

ominimicu
29th September, 2014, 03:43 PM
dunno what it will write back but i doubt it will ask for a full bDM file.
i did do some testing on Fgtech and u can write a BDM file via OBD!

bondiblu
29th September, 2014, 03:50 PM
dunno what it will write back but i doubt it will ask for a full bDM file.
i did do some testing on Fgtech and u can write a BDM file via OBD! I probably just have to test it then, thanks for chipping in ;)

daniel guerra
29th September, 2014, 04:02 PM
Yes you can write a BDM file via OBD at least on this ecu. For example the cars that have sport button, when you read it via OBD, it won't read that bank, only if you read it by BDM, and you can wright by OBD the bdm file.

I think kess will do the job, personally I never tried.

bondiblu
29th September, 2014, 04:18 PM
Yes you can write a BDM file via OBD at least on this ecu. For example the cars that have sport button, when you read it via OBD, it won't read that bank, only if you read it by BDM, and you can wright by OBD the bdm file.

I think kess will do the job, personally I never tried. Thanks for this info :)

bobolin4o
30th September, 2014, 06:11 AM
Hi all,

I want to write a file to Vectra 1.9CDTI 120hp EDC16C9 ECU with Original Kess V2, but the Kess does not read, only write.

What file do I need to use?

I read the original ECU with MPPS V12, but I don't trust it to write to this ECU. I already have a BDM backup of this software, but I'd prefer
to do by OBD.

So if you have a BDM backup... go ahead!
I did Vectra 1.9CDTI 120hp EDC16C9 with MPPS without problems...
Regards!

betrescudan
30th September, 2014, 07:52 AM
kess work on writing good
use batterie charger

betrescudan
30th September, 2014, 10:51 AM
read -write OK obd can audi R4 ED B8,year 2008 engine 2 L,edc17,143 hp