PDA

View Full Version : Diagnostic Tool for Suzuki

groschi2
30th September, 2014, 08:12 PM
A friend of me has a garage. He repairs all labels of cars. Specially he repairs VW, Opel and because he is hunter, for his hunter friends he also often repairs Suzuki. Like VAG-Com und OP-Com he is looking for a diagnostic tool for Suzuki. It would be extra nice if exist a version in german, because he don't speak any english word, but if not also a tool with english language would help.
Does anyone know a recommendable tool for Suzuki?

yellowstilo
1st October, 2014, 09:42 AM
the Suzuki SDT clone (= same as Toyota IT2 tester) works ok but i personally had to buy a second one because the first one was faulty.
They only cost around 250 euro so the price is ok.

racin-snake
1st October, 2014, 12:24 PM
TECH 2 and PCMIA card with Suzuki software on works fine IMHO

yellowstilo
1st October, 2014, 03:07 PM
not for the newest/latest models....

Bllinda
1st October, 2014, 04:05 PM
then what the latest models ....

yellowstilo
1st October, 2014, 05:36 PM
i.e. new Swift from 2011 onward - i don't think this model is supported by Tech2 anymore....

racin-snake
1st October, 2014, 06:54 PM
The OP didn't mention any year of Suzuki and seeing as tech 2 was dealer tool till recently its a very good choice as it covers many different marques too (and clones seem to work just fine )
including quite a good chunk of the other marque the OP did mention

A friend of me has a garage. He repairs all labels of cars. Specially he repairs VW, Opel and because he is hunter, for his hunter friends he also often repairs Suzuki. Like VAG-Com und OP-Com he is looking for a diagnostic tool for Suzuki. It would be extra nice if exist a version in german, because he don't speak any english word, but if not also a tool with english language would help.
Does anyone know a recommendable tool for Suzuki?

no mention of year here

milanoffracing
4th October, 2014, 09:26 AM
then what the latest models ....

For latest models you need a Bosch/Etacs interface, because the support for SDT and IT2 was stopped 3 years ago.

groschi2
5th October, 2014, 06:43 AM
Sorry for late answering. I waited for an email message I didn't get one. So I thought that nowone has answered. Thank you first for your answers.
My friend primarily needs the interface for Vitara. He has an Bosch KTS System, but with that diagnostic system it's only possible to see easy things. You can't learn a key or anything else. Therefore you need a specific software for Suzuki. Such specific software for Opel and VW is OP-Com and VCDS VAG-Com. Doesn't exist such a software for suzuki? For all models, old and new? It may be a china clone or an original interface if it's not to expensive. I think max. about 400 Euro is ok for an original interface with updates inclusive.

drakov
5th October, 2014, 12:04 PM
"I think max. about 400 Euro is ok for an original interface with updates inclusive."

You will pay more than that just for the obd lead needed for Suzuki IT2 to allow key programming, probably better looking at all makes tools designed and made in asia, these will have better coverage than euro made products like kts ect

groschi2
5th October, 2014, 07:20 PM
Hello Drakov, thank you for answering. Do you mean something like this: TOYOTA DENSO Intelligent Tester 2,toyota IT2,Toyota Tester 2 II-in Code Readers & Scan Tools from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TOYOTA-DENSO-Intelligent-Tester-2-toyota-IT2-Toyota-Tester-2-II/1119477445.html) or which asia software do you recommend? And which interface do I need with the asia software you recommend. The offer for the IT2 Interface sounds good. Do you know what's about software-update and programming p.e. a trailer hitch or a key? Is that possible.

drakov
6th October, 2014, 08:25 AM
The IT2 is fine for basic diagnostics upto around 2011 for suzuki for key programming a special lead is needed and dont believe this comes with the china kit (probably because it is based on the toyota tool) it might do trailer hitch but for keys forget it (you would also need the passcode for the tool which changes every few months) better look at launch or diagun or similiar these have better coverage on the asian markets and closer to your price range.

groschi2
7th October, 2014, 08:28 PM
Hello Drakov,
is this what you mean: 2014 Latest Version Multi language Launch X431 Diagun Main Unit WIth Bluetooth Life long Free Update DHL Free Shipping-in Code Readers & Scan Tools from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-Latest-2013-10-Version-Multi-language-Launch-X431-Diagun-Main-Unit-WIth-Bluetooth-Life-long/1527011213.html)
Do I need anything else?
Now I have searched longer. The newest version III would be better.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-Original-Launch-X431-Diagun-III-Price-Better-Review-Update-Free-Software-Launch-X-431-diagun/1476988071.html
This must be tho version for my friend. Not only european cars und german language.
What do you think? Is that a good offer? Can I do all programming tasks with that set?

racin-snake
8th October, 2014, 12:07 PM
HI Drakov Milan .. does this mean the tools IT2 is of less use than TECH2 ? (was gonna get one if it was beneficial)

For latest models you need a Bosch/Etacs interface, because the support for SDT and IT2 was stopped 3 years ago.

If so can you clarify that the IT2 for suzuki is not so good an idea no real programing ?

cheers guys