PDA

View Full Version : 2011 BMW X6 issue DTC 4EC8

cbp
30th September, 2014, 09:41 PM
hello mates, maybe someone can help to find something about this DTC 4EC8 ( position sensor) on the EGW ( transmission) of a 2011 bmw x6.
The car has a problem with the transmission not working, and because of that the car wont start.
The information display says that the transmission has a problem.
I connected a multi brand scantool ( not icom with ISTA D) and when we read the DTC faults on the EGW is shows the DTC 4EC8 and it says Position sensor, I thought this was related to the transmission gear selector system ( GWS).
On the selector gearbox ( GWS) it shows the DTC E095 *message display transmission data LIN*
I tried to see the scanner live data display on the GWS and everything shows ok , I mean I can see all the inputs of the gear selector switch such as + and - gear selection, unlock button for reverse, and such...
The only problem noticed at simple sight is that the transmission wont go into parking, it stays in neutral ( N).
Any help would be much appreciated.

cheers-

leandroks
1st October, 2014, 03:50 AM
Have a look on the shift board, under the gear shift knob, i ve seen a problem like that...

xtraktor
1st October, 2014, 01:54 PM
Check if someone is not screwed the bolts on the mode of transport at the selector (the screw is located on the gearbox under the car)

cbp
5th October, 2014, 07:20 PM
you are completely right sir...someone left the bolts on the mode of transport...now it works.
Thanks for the help.