PDA

View Full Version : Why doesnt vu+ duo2 DUAL tuner allow me to watch one and record second??? HELP

hardy27
3rd October, 2014, 06:35 PM
Hello everyone,

im having some problems with this dual tuner too!. Can some help asap please.
I have a duo2 and have t feeds from the dish, both representing its own signal (not split). But when i record a channel, im unable to view a second channel.

currently both tuners are set to 28.2e simple settings.

why am i not able to watch a second channel with a dual tuner?
(sorry is this has already been answered but need help)

hardy27

digicon
3rd October, 2014, 09:05 PM
Have you tested both the tuners individually or is your model the one with just a single twin DVB-S2 tuner if it is again test each tuner is working separately first

hardy27
7th October, 2014, 09:38 AM
Have you tested both the tuners individually or is your model the one with just a single twin DVB-S2 tuner if it is again test each tuner is working separately first

hello i have only x1 DUAL tuner. both have LNB IN. both cables have had signals working.

thanks

DOUGALMCD
7th October, 2014, 10:19 AM
What image are you on and when you are recording are the other channels greyed out? The ones you cant watch. Are you able to view any whilst recording? Usually greyed out would mean only one tuner working. I have previously had problem with dual tuner with one of the cables inner core not connecting properly and just needed new end on. I don't have duo 2 but vu tuners are the same. hth

ontherack
7th October, 2014, 05:38 PM
As mentioned, check cables/signal, recheck tuner setup on simples, try another image, maybe a backup image

hardy27
7th October, 2014, 05:45 PM
Hello,

I have a Vu+ Duo2 with a DUAL tuner (x1 tuner with 2 LNB inputs), however as soon as i start recording a channel it stops me from viewing a second channel. Why is this?

to be thorough:

1) Both separate cable feeds have good signal strength and quality.
2) sat-finder shows signal strength.
3) tried tuner config and kept both A and B simple on 28.2e
4)Tested both cables with a duo and solo2 and no issues so it cant be the cable run or lnb.
5) using OpenVix

Please Help

WOODWARD395
7th October, 2014, 07:19 PM
what vix version are you using, if you are using vix image over ver 25 change it if i am correct it will correct your problem. if i am correct i will explain later just come back and let me know. but do a backup incase i am wrong but i am pretty sure i am not.:suspicion:

hardy27
7th October, 2014, 08:14 PM
hello mate,

great news got it working. it was acutally a cam problem

murphyb007
14th October, 2014, 04:04 PM
Hi hardy, I actually having the Sane issue, everything has been checked as you'd mentioned, what was the can problem?

hardy27
14th October, 2014, 05:03 PM
Hello Murphyb007,

upgrade your can to 2.3.0 and that will do the trick mate!

RuberDuck
14th October, 2014, 08:18 PM
what vix version are you using, if you are using vix image over ver 25 change it if i am correct it will correct your problem. if i am correct i will explain later just come back and let me know. but do a backup incase i am wrong but i am pretty sure i am not.:suspicion:

There is no issues with recordings on any ViX image for the Vu+ receivers, the OP's issue was with his softcam, the version he was using could not decode multiple channels simultaneously until he updated it to the latest version.

cactikid
14th October, 2014, 11:43 PM
hmm i wonder vu duo on apollo 32 and tuner b not working and no service information showing if on tuner b,both feeds checked working on other boxes.

RuberDuck
15th October, 2014, 12:29 AM
I'll quote exactly what I just wrote on your other thread *******.

The thread you are referring to was due to the OP using a old version of ********* which in conjunction with the new OE-A core can not decode multiple channels at the same time, it was not a tuner issue nor a image issue, regardless of how much a certain user there tries to convince people it is.

There is no issue in the ViX image effecting recordings for any receiver, only the Gigablue and Technomate receivers are at present having issues with recordings and playabck, both attributed to poor drivers by their manufacturers.

Simply put woodward395 is scaremongering, there are no issues with the ViX image and recordings, barring the two I quoted above which are currently suffering from driver issues and not for the first time either.

cactikid
15th October, 2014, 01:33 AM
well i aint moving away from vix lol

digicon
15th October, 2014, 01:50 AM
Can i just give a quick reminder to everyone about the forum rules:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/#post2

Discussions about Cardsharing are not allowed, including, but not limited to, CCcam, Oscam, MGcamd, Gbox, Mbox, etc....

Do not post links/Mention other forums with similar content

RuberDuck
15th October, 2014, 08:01 AM
Can i just give a quick reminder to everyone about the forum rules:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/#post2

Discussions about Cardsharing are not allowed, including, but not limited to, CCcam, Oscam, MGcamd, Gbox, Mbox, etc....

Do not post links/Mention other forums with similar content

wow so you'r so scared of other forums you cant even abbreviate their names here any more ?. sad state of affairs when a simple three letter abbreviation is banned. I can understand at not linking to other forums (which i did not do), but simply posting three letters is now against the rules here, thats just bloody crazy and shows how paranoid you people have become.

digicon
16th October, 2014, 01:11 PM
It is not just the case of mentioning other forums the problem is you appear to do this all the time, Not just mention but quote posts from that certain forum everytime you see the need to back yourself up what a certain member has or may have said which in my eyes is seen as trying to belittle that member something which will not be tolerated here.

A reminder to everyone that Digital Kaos is not biased towards any manufacturer, Image, Shop etc.. If a member wants to have shall we say a Bash at any image whether it be Vix,Blackhole or even OpenPLI etc.. then that is there choice and there choice alone.

And lets be honest this is not the first time this has happened you have had warnings previously about this sort of posting behaviour but it appears to have fallen on deaf ears.

Enjoy your vacation