PDA

View Full Version : Really silly Kryptview question !

KillerDog
5th July, 2009, 09:33 AM
Hi Everyone, just wondering if anyone can answer a silly question for me regarding a Kryptview box. Can someone please advise me how to make the box recieve ONLY the FTA channels and not get ALL the extra ones. Thankyou for your help :)

cactikid
5th July, 2009, 10:37 AM
the box will come to u as fta so u have to do no flashing, and u will need to automatic scan to receive channels.if at a later point u flash it with updated firmware u will have access to all channels after u factory reset and rescan again.

KillerDog
5th July, 2009, 11:36 AM
The problem is that it has the latest firmware on it and i dont want it to have ALL channels. I just want ot use this box as a FTA. So how do i turn a Kryptview with the latest firmware on it into a FTA box. Thankyuo for your help :)

wilf
5th July, 2009, 11:57 AM
think you can press the centre button to bring up channel list then press yellow and select fta or navigration from there if not which kryptview is it 700 or 750 i can pm you the original software

KillerDog
5th July, 2009, 01:56 PM
Hi Wilf, i have a silver 700 model.Thanks for your help to guys :)

wilf
5th July, 2009, 06:44 PM
The problem is that it has the latest firmware on it and i dont want it to have ALL channels. I just want ot use this box as a FTA. So how do i turn a Kryptview with the latest firmware on it into a FTA box. Thankyuo for your help :)

:hmmmm2: still not sure why you would want to do this as you can just plug an aerial in to a tv to make it fta it seems a waste of 80quid to make a box fta after so much work has gone into making firmware to open it up to all viewing. If you want to remove certain channels eg: adult you can turn off your power scan mode then delete these channels and they will not return or you can just put a lock on them, if it was me i would sell the box and get a freeview with the money rather than take a step backwards. anyway i have sent pm and the choice is now in your hands to put on the fta firmware or not