PDA

View Full Version : rover 75

m_hunns
5th July, 2009, 02:39 PM
i have a rover 75 and on acceleration a load of black smoke comes out the exhaust. i have also noticed that on acceleratin that is pulls back. what might the problem be?

smirnoff_rules
5th July, 2009, 02:43 PM
i have a rover 75 and on acceleration a load of black smoke comes out the exhaust. i have also noticed that on acceleratin that is pulls back. what might the problem be?

wot the year and engine

m_hunns
5th July, 2009, 03:09 PM
wot the year and engine
it is a 2001 plate and it is a 2.0 cdt or something like that

smirnoff_rules
5th July, 2009, 03:11 PM
it is a 2001 plate and it is a 2.0 cdt or something like that

theres a few thing to check . oil / oil level / r the exhaust gases getting fast ( ie cats blocked ) or turbos gone

m_hunns
5th July, 2009, 03:16 PM
ok thank you very much for your help

fms267
5th July, 2009, 03:43 PM

check for trouble codes if no trouble codes
disconnect the MAF sensor and road test
if smoke is reduced and an increase of power
replace MAF sensor
if you do have to change the MAF sensor dont forget to fit the modified
air intake shield under the grille to prevent water ingress
sorry cant remeber the part number of the shield

Babanovski
5th July, 2009, 10:26 PM
Hi
First you must read trouble code to find wher is the problem. can be so many things. conect some diagnostic equipment and test, post the trouble code and we will try to halp you.

Dallas
12th November, 2009, 12:13 AM
The 75 CDT will rarely log any trouble codes especially if Maf related

Black smoke and power loss is often a symptom of a breathing issue

Easy test is as said above just unplug the maf, dead easy to do and a simple test but another common problem is O ring failure of the hoses to and from the intercooler again an easy fix

I have seen people trying to replace the maf and knock the pipe right off the turbo, car does not go too well after that

Ditto the spring to the turbo can be dislodged

There is a PCV filter if blocked this leads to smoke a failure of the crancase ventilation system and a posible engine failure as a result

The splitter to protect the maf is a waste of time best thing to do is this

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m91/alexank/Cars/Ogleve/Y923OGV/IMG_0016.jpg