PDA

View Full Version : how much is your home water bill ?

gmb45
11th October, 2014, 10:08 AM
meaty asked me to do this by the way :boring:

so while i am in here, mine varies between 16 ish and 20 depending on how much i have used watering the garden in summer, there is 2 of us in the hoose, tbh i think this is the "best" bill we pay we are on a meter.

Meat-Head
11th October, 2014, 10:18 AM
Thanks gmb. For unaware I am allergic to the new thread button - hence no new thread on M-H-M anniversary on 2 October.

My water bill, one VIP member living on own, no water meter, on rates. ?531.34
for the year. Water pressure 2 bar, shared lead pipe, shared sewer.

not sure what that breaks down to but taking a shit costs more than cleaning your teeth.

Water company won't give DK member discount, even the theifing gov give discount on council tax.

Local water company been advertising that putting fat down sinks blocks pipes and puts prices up.
never done that, so the fat I save off the bacon for the birds in the winter, sorry birds, getting melted into slim ingots, and gets posted down the drain.

After sorting somebody else's problem with electric meter, discovered you CAN pay ?1 a time, so been ringing water co daily on their free phone number and paying a pound.

ifred
11th October, 2014, 04:50 PM
Perhaps meat you could fit your water meter in reverse
Result:
?531.34 in credit, water company would pay you ?1 every time you rang them for free
Not sure what you will do with all the shit though, there's always a down side!

gmb45
11th October, 2014, 04:56 PM
?531.34 fur a year ffs :eek: you need to phone them up to get a water meter put in m8 your paying way to much, water bills with out a meter go on property size and location, tell them you want a meter you wont regret it :top: ( you dont have to pay for this ) i pay no more than ?200 a year and thats for a big 2 bed bungalow with 2 people in it, and the basads dont advertise the fact that you can have a meter installed becuse they loose money mostly.

let me know how you go on meaty if you phone them up.

Meat-Head
11th October, 2014, 06:12 PM
I phone them and I'm as bad as "Victor Meldrew", they refuse to drop the price, so ill pay it ?1 a day.

I leave the tap running 24/7 - keeps the drains clear.

Got an off line friend (non dk member) who pays the same.

If you think about it, they have a LARGE parking lot which is full of cars, so think how many people Work there, that money. Won't pay for the bald bloke who is the parking lot attendant. Two weeks pay init.

gmb45
11th October, 2014, 06:20 PM
crazy ffs, all ya got to do is get a meter installed ffs and see you bill fall a lot.

jaws2
11th October, 2014, 07:41 PM
Call them Meat and get meater fitted

ifred
12th October, 2014, 08:04 AM
See if you can get a pipeline from gmb45 and share his bill, its about time a moderator helped out a VIP member!
After all us veteran members down in the engine room have to keep shoving the coal to keep the forum going :joyous:
I know its pish but some have to do it :blue:

If no joy with above when my brown envelop arrive I'll pop at bloody fit a meater for you myself!!!!

Meat-Head
12th October, 2014, 09:56 AM
Ifred mate what is your water bill? Or what should it be if your paying lol

smoggy
12th October, 2014, 12:02 PM
my bill is ?561.46
I beleive a lot depends on your old rateable value

ajax2061
12th October, 2014, 02:40 PM
330 a year because I am on water sure plus plan due to my illness and the need to use extra water due to it

ifred
12th October, 2014, 04:49 PM
Ifred mate what is your water bill? Or what should it be if your paying lol

I'll check with my neighbour and come back ;-)

jennifer
12th October, 2014, 08:16 PM
hi guys im in leeds 3 bedroom house Yorkshire water bill for year ?551 2 adults 2 kids

Kalipo
12th October, 2014, 09:37 PM
I pay ?32 ish a month.. United Utilities or something..

we dont have a water meter but i will avoid the meter as at the moment im not sure its posible to measure how much we're using.. We dont flush our toilet but when we have a bath i dont turn the tap off as we have a wet room..

i have a friend who refuses to use energy saving bulbs.. he uses 100w bulbs and never turns his lamps off downstairs.. he says its not worth it.. the saving isnt enough to bother about!!

Meat-Head
12th October, 2014, 10:54 PM
Thanks. Tell me more ABIUT your supplier, like the gas/electric you don't pay for, from a third party, rather than local water co?

as fir your mate, yes in winter put old type in, heat and light

xant14
13th October, 2014, 06:18 AM
meaty asked me to do this by the way :boring:

?460 / year. No meter.

gmb45
13th October, 2014, 06:23 AM
its worth having a meter if theres only a couple of you in the hoose, but if theres say 2 adults and 2 teens you will be using quite a bit of water so maybe not worth having a meter installed.

Kalipo
13th October, 2014, 05:36 PM
its worth having a meter if theres only a couple of you in the hoose, but if theres say 2 adults and 2 teens you will be using quite a bit of water so maybe not worth having a meter installed.

Drinking rain water from a troth does not count as fresh, clean water! lol

Meat-Head
13th October, 2014, 05:50 PM

THAT IS CORRECT, my point exactly

Meat-Head
13th October, 2014, 07:53 PM
Intersecting isf (iShit Failiure) didn't try selling me a meter , just took my money, wounder if there's a note on my account now?

ifred
14th October, 2014, 09:27 AM
Meaty spoke with the neighbour they reckon its around ?240 a year! water is metered sewage just falls down the hole so maybe its cheaper here in Fredland not so many curry houses in Fredland compared with Meatcity?
I spoke with local farmer we trying to negotiate a deal where we save up the Ipoo and he buys it by the kilo we estimate our production should be around 1500 kilo a year depending on the amount of curries eaten, he does want us to agree not to eat McD apparently the cows dislike eating grass with mum and dad spread on it etc
So suggestion maybe you can get your Ishit upgraded for an Ipoo with wellies attached when it Ishit(fails) the wellies will backup your data for later collection by farmer.
Farmers aren't interested in the pish its all pish and the cows prefer Newcastle brown :pepsi:

gmb45
14th October, 2014, 09:40 AM
i cant see what the problem is in not getting a meter as your charged by how much you use, and all water companies should be roughly the same shouldnt they ? might be worth phoning up the various water companies and asking what they charge per cubic meter yours included, then you would see wether its worth it, you can compare in here with other members.

elplicko
14th October, 2014, 05:11 PM
not matter to duffer anyway drinks 15 ltr o pt t every morn and has to decoke his massive pt ass so pays more than most lol

gmb45
14th October, 2014, 05:17 PM
hmm tru dat duf, but only lining init lol

Kalipo
16th October, 2014, 05:31 PM
i cant see what the problem is in not getting a meter as your charged by how much you use, and all water companies should be roughly the same shouldnt they ? might be worth phoning up the various water companies and asking what they charge per cubic meter yours included, then you would see wether its worth it, you can compare in here with other members.

We'l sit and watch the outcome in ireland!

It rains everyday! yet we cant find ways to bring our bills down..

Kalipo
16th October, 2014, 05:37 PM
Meaty spoke with the neighbour they reckon its around ?240 a year! water is metered sewage just falls down the hole so maybe its cheaper here in Fredland not so many curry houses in Fredland compared with Meatcity?
I spoke with local farmer we trying to negotiate a deal where we save up the Ipoo and he buys it by the kilo we estimate our production should be around 1500 kilo a year depending on the amount of curries eaten, he does want us to agree not to eat McD apparently the cows dislike eating grass with mum and dad spread on it etc
So suggestion maybe you can get your Ishit upgraded for an Ipoo with wellies attached when it Ishit(fails) the wellies will backup your data for later collection by farmer.
Farmers aren't interested in the pish its all pish and the cows prefer Newcastle brown :pepsi:

Funny you should say that.. in the summer.. heard some banging at the front whilst having a BBQ.. had a look and saw some United Utilities workmen doing something on the road..

Next minute we gets 2 men coming round the back and they said we've done some tests and have come to the conclusion that your property is contaminating the stream that runs a few doors down..

Turns out for the past 10 years the washing machine has been running into the land drains instead of into the sewers..

They said you had to report us.. but we just redirected the waste pipe before someone came to "do us over" never heard anything since!!

leotheloin
18th October, 2014, 09:24 PM
Can someone tell me how long have you being paying for your water and what year did it come in.,,,,,In the ROI it starts this month and our first water bill payment arrives in jan2015 for a single person it's 175,, a couple 270 and so on we will be giving so many free ltrs but use them up the bill could be any price,, but if you don't pay your bill they cant cut your water supply off but they will bring it down to a trickle so you can forget about having a shower and so on. I would say that about 20% of homes have meters the rest haven't the have nots will get a estimated bill this will depend on how many reside in the home i don't mind paying my bill but i wont be the reason they want personal info about my family like social security numbers over here it's called pps. They can go fcuk themselves if they think im going to do there donkey work they should know there's 3 of us living at home 1 lad living in his own apparent here and 5 living in Canada + 2 living in Australia.

Johnner
18th October, 2014, 09:47 PM
Leo,

Can I correct you on something ?

Despite popular belief throughout Europe that the Irish have never paid for water,or services,or upkeep of said,this is blatantly untrue.

We've been paying for water since 1997,when Brendan Howlin scrapped domestic rates,and raised Motor Tax by 5%,and VAT was raised by 2%.

Your Property Tax was also intoduced to cover local services too.

Through everyones social contract with society and government,you also pay through income tax,and social charges.That's what they're there for !! In any country !

Irish Water were set up by the State,but registered the company as a private company,something I would say to do with taking this off the State's balance sheets,and opening up the way for privatisation under EU law,later on,which is where the REAL fun is going to be !!

For what you get for your money's worth,we clearly are the most heavily taxed nation in Europe,directly and indirectly.

Meat-Head
18th October, 2014, 09:52 PM
Here in Ingland think there's 7 robbing water boards.

thankz for the reminder, off to leave the sink tap running,

Meat-Head
22nd October, 2014, 07:23 PM
BUMPY.

rumor states its compusary in 2020 to have a water meter fitted.

alessioblaupunkt
24th October, 2014, 10:11 PM
Don't know about water. Electric consumption is between 1700-1900kW/year. Out of Uk.

GastonJ
25th October, 2014, 09:36 AM
My water bill is around ?31 a month, on a meter :)
Wish I could get my eletricity bill lower, I use just over 7500 KW a year :eek:

Meat-Head
25th October, 2014, 10:06 AM
Thanks guys. So I might as well pay up, then make sure I use ?200 worth of water in the summer

ifred
25th October, 2014, 10:55 AM
My water bill is around ?31 a month, on a meter :)
Wish I could get my eletricity bill lower, I use just over 7500 KW a year :eek:

Build a nuclear power station in your back garden! All you need is a old washing machine, remains of a microwave a few odda and sods....=free leccy :peaceful:

griff
26th October, 2014, 11:00 AM
Try living down south ! Robbing bastards down here. I pay between ?240-?300 a quarter with one kid and a misses. And we don't over use the water [emoji43]

Meat-Head
26th October, 2014, 11:03 AM
Hope you leave Tap running 24/7 like I do.

Meat-Head
27th October, 2014, 09:16 PM
I'LL HAVE TO SHOUT AS THE KITCHEN TAP IS ON FULL WACK, JUST SPENT ANOTHER 20 MINS ON BLOWER AT THEIR EXPENSE, SPOKE TO SOMEBODY ELSE.

HE SAID THEY GET AS MANY PROBLEMS WITH INGLISH PEOPLE NOT WANTING TO PAY AS IMPORTS.

ifred
28th October, 2014, 11:14 AM
I'LL HAVE TO SHOUT AS THE KITCHEN TAP IS ON FULL WACK, JUST SPENT ANOTHER 20 MINS ON BLOWER AT THEIR EXPENSE, SPOKE TO SOMEBODY ELSE.

HE SAID THEY GET AS MANY PROBLEMS WITH INGLISH PEOPLE NOT WANTING TO PAY AS IMPORTS.
Have you thought of popping into the recycling centre and collecting empty water bottle's filling them up with tap water
a) for water sampling b) for credit water returned c) substandard product return for replacement within 14 days *Dont forget send them back post unpaid :tears_of_joy:

griff
30th October, 2014, 10:49 PM
Hope you leave Tap running 24/7 like I do.

Nah I am on a water meter ha

Meat-Head
30th October, 2014, 11:15 PM
Nah I am on a water meter ha

You pay HOW MUCH. Are you sure it's not the reset of the street on your meter

ontherack
31st October, 2014, 10:34 AM
Try living down south ! Robbing bastards down here. I pay between ?240-?300 a quarter with one kid and a misses. And we don't over use the water [emoji43]
You must live/run a hotel with those charges, or have twenty teenage lodgers.....

Meat-Head
7th November, 2014, 07:13 PM
Assholes, boiler turned off all taps turned on tonight, flushing bog every 5 mins

leotheloin
7th November, 2014, 08:58 PM
Well over here there were mass protests all over ROI last weekend against water charges now our government is about to do a u-turn and bring in a cap of around 200 per household and your water wont be turned off. Now if don't pay or cant pay there will be court summons issued against non payers,,820000 out of 2 million homes have signed up for the water charge how the fkuc are the courts gonna deal with 1 million 200000 cases and what if they don't pay the fines,, our prisons are over crowed as it stands what's the government gonna do release murderers rapists drug dealers and every other low life to make room for the non payers of the water charges which is something we all ready pay for in our taxes.

ifred
8th November, 2014, 11:14 AM
our prisons are over crowed as it stands what's the government gonna do release murderers rapists drug dealers and every other low life to make room for the non payers of the water charges which is something we all ready pay for in our taxes.

I expect when they release the murders ,rapist and drug dealers they will all leave the taps on!!
Your lucky Australia won't let in criminals any more others wise the courts would be shipping you out to aussieland to make room!

Meat-Head
8th November, 2014, 12:22 PM
ADVERUSEMENT

Your Water Meter ? FAQs (http://www.yourwatermeter.com/q-and-a)

ask ffs ishit. So ill pay my outstanding bill and just leave the taps running .

looking at example on Abive INFERIOR website it's DEARER to have a meter Fitted.

come the spring water sprinkler 24/7 in the garden.

ifred
8th November, 2014, 08:15 PM
meat why not fit the sprinkler now when it freezes your have a nice festive display in your garden

Meat-Head
8th November, 2014, 08:20 PM
Did that by accident couple years ago pipe froze and blow pipe off

ontherack
9th November, 2014, 02:24 PM
Did that by accident couple years ago pipe froze and blow pipe off

Insulate pipe, add led's to sprinkler = colourful show for cat and polish neighbours

blueflash234
10th November, 2014, 03:23 PM
was paying ?330/year phoned them up guy came round to see if a meter can be fitted he could not do it went on the single persons allowance ?195/year my neighbour with a meter is paying around ?110/year

ifred
10th November, 2014, 03:45 PM
That's a good idea, Meat why don't you put your water bill in the name of Vic (your imaginary friend) on a single person allowance
when they find out Vic is an illusion bill equals ?300-400 in imaginary notes....a result :)

ontherack
10th November, 2014, 06:00 PM
That's a good idea, Meat why don't you put your water bill in the name of Vic (your imaginary friend) on a single person allowance
when they find out Vic is an illusion bill equals ?300-400 in imaginary notes....a result :)

change Vics name by deed pole to David Cameron

Meat-Head
10th November, 2014, 07:06 PM
Bluefish mate, what Water co you on? Hope you leave your taps running 24/7.

fruday " can I speak to debt recovery team".
"No they gone home no computers no DK, call Monday"

monday "can I speak to debt recovery team"
"no you can't, they don't answer the phone"

ifred
11th November, 2014, 10:29 AM
Bluefish mate, what Water co you on? Hope you leave your taps running 24/7.

fruday " can I speak to debt recovery team".
"No they gone home no computers no DK, call Monday"

monday "can I speak to debt recovery team"
"no you can't, they don't answer the phone"

They need Vic working for them.....then we all get imaginary bills !!

Meat-Head
19th November, 2014, 12:59 AM
On topic

ADVERTISEMEBT

Fluidmaster PRO71UK Flapper Valve (http://shop.kingswayplumbing.co.uk/fluidmaster-pro71uk-flapper-valve-1930-p.asp)

somebory remind me to tie a cork to the chain so it can flush every few mins.

does an iShit float? Could use that.

Frogger
19th November, 2014, 04:51 AM
WTF you all get billed for using the very thing we need to stay alive. WATER? A Bill? Freaky Stuff! I thought it was like TV licence, ya tell em to take themselves off and remove their "implied rights". Water as in water to drink and get bathed in etc?

We have it easy in a former warzone here....

Meat-Head
19th November, 2014, 02:32 PM
Funny you should say that need to bump that tv licence thread

Meat-Head
19th November, 2014, 09:41 PM
So MCW now finally mentioned "consumer council for water". NEVER before have they mentioned it.

seems the men are ok when ring up the women are bitches.

Meat-Head
21st November, 2014, 07:51 PM
Paid my last ?159.93. Except last 60p BECAYSE they send me text messages, cost to reply.

next robbing bill intend on walking into their office and paying cash.

ifred
22nd November, 2014, 10:07 AM
Isn't it time for you to try an claim a repayment for some service or supply failure :bath:
Tell them yesterday the water came out brown in colour!

Meat-Head
22nd November, 2014, 01:05 PM
Can't do that they be banging on doors asking other members

M T Glass
13th December, 2014, 08:38 PM
My water bill is unknown as we pay for our water through VAT and car tax. Now the well heeled in power want us to pay again on top of what we already pay...So..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-gcxQYTMPI&feature=youtu.be

Johnner
13th December, 2014, 08:46 PM
We also pay for it generally through Universal Social Charge,and the Local Property Tax,which was supposed to deal with matters like this !

Don't forget also the Irish brokered an exemption a few years through the River Basin Plan with Europe,that meant we didn't have to pay for domestic water rates.It's up for renewal,and the fcuking numpty that runs the Dept. of Environment,Alan Kelly is not going to renew it !!!! Talk about batting for the other side !!!

Anybody got any jobs going in the UK ? Can't be as fcuking bad as this bilge !

Meat-Head
13th December, 2014, 09:44 PM
Can't see why we need private water co as we all need it, and unlike gas/electric you can't change supplier .

apart from one night by accident, my kitchen tap has NOT been turned off since this thread started.

ofwat has told water co price needs to drop

Kalipo
13th December, 2014, 10:28 PM
I moved to a new hoose a month ago. sadly it has a water meter.. i tried to chance the name on the account but couldn't. i argued to them saying why and they say you must supply a meter reading.. i couldnt find it.. then it turns out the meter is in the lawn under a tree.. i gave them the reading and they didnt believe me lol..

funnily enough i have a dell running directly behind my property.. when i moved here i saw 2 deer drinking from it.. and it got me thinking.. maybe i could pump some water from there.. if its good enough for them its good enough for me.. i know where the water is coming from the moor about 1/2 mile away so it should be safe..!

Meat-Head
13th December, 2014, 11:07 PM
Kalipo if you have access to meter, I shit out recently, was going to wrench one out the ground, but 3mm washer NO MORE. 1/2 meter , Or can you dig tree up and download 'pipe freezing kit'. Put in bypass, but not full, you just moved in and know nothing

Kalipo
13th December, 2014, 11:49 PM
Kalipo if you have access to meter, I shit out recently, was going to wrench one out the ground, but 3mm washer NO MORE. 1/2 meter , Or can you dig tree up and download 'pipe freezing kit'. Put in bypass, but not full, you just moved in and know nothing

Instructions too difficult to follow, got my penis stuck in a fan.

Johnner
13th December, 2014, 11:52 PM
Can you remember their name ?lol

Meat-Head
14th December, 2014, 11:17 AM
Would have thought kalipo last owners would have took meter reading on way out .

Kalipo
14th December, 2014, 11:41 AM
Would have thought kalipo last owners would have took meter reading on way out .

They did, but the reading they took wasn't what was displayed on the meter.

In the end I told them to take my reading and shove it.. waiting for meter reader to check my reading.

Meat-Head
14th December, 2014, 11:53 AM
So was the last owner Justy22. Tweet a photo with a copy of that days newspaper in shot

M T Glass
21st December, 2014, 05:41 PM
They did, but the reading they took wasn't what was displayed on the meter.

In the end I told them to take my reading and shove it.. waiting for meter reader to check my reading.

Different reading now to one taken by previous owner suggests either they were reducing their final bill or there is a leak between meter and house.
(Tosses coin- comes up with former suggestion),

Kalipo
22nd December, 2014, 03:34 PM
Different reading now to one taken by previous owner suggests either they were reducing their final bill or there is a leak between meter and house.
(Tosses coin- comes up with former suggestion),

We got our first bill.. in the month of november we used 9m3 of water which equates to ?9.. we then had to pay for waste etc and the first bill came too ?28.

I was always under the assumption that you roughly pay the same rate for waste going out to water coming in??

Either way, we used to pay ?39 a month..

Meat-Head
22nd December, 2014, 03:44 PM
Kalipo can you smash meter off

Kalipo
22nd December, 2014, 09:11 PM
Kalipo can you smash meter off

No, because it is in the garden.. in a hole at the top end of the garden closest to the road.. there is no footpaths around here.. so the grid is next to the tarmac.. too many people know what im doing..

alessioblaupunkt
22nd December, 2014, 09:12 PM
Still don't know about water but natural gas is 900 cubic meter in 1 year
that's 1260 euro --> 988?

joe516
26th December, 2014, 06:59 AM
my bill is ?221.00 for one bedroom flat in Manchester

Meat-Head
26th December, 2014, 12:07 PM
For those intrested YES my kitchen tap is STILL running with only the odd break, ONLY because forgot to turn it back on when leaving kitchen as its annoying sound

Cod3waX
26th December, 2014, 02:09 PM
mines about ?50 PM but its got me thinkin why do we pay for water like this? why cant it be in with the council tax? its not like we can go elsewhere for it and also isnt it against the law to have he monopoly on a mega business? (you must have competition)

is ther eanywhere in the world that has the setup where a water company distributes clean and makes electric at the same time?

Meat-Head
26th December, 2014, 03:05 PM
Rumour has it hundrads of years ago was in with the rates, then the Tories came along and sold it off, with busses, railways, gas and electric

Meat-Head
25th April, 2015, 03:20 PM
ON TOPIC:-

Now got snotty insert coin letter from MCW. Also got ?200+VAT saved in pound coins, grotty coins etc.

kitchen tap been tuning since this thread started, there been greedy, two can play at that game.

Knock the total bill to ?200 the kitchen tap goes off.

ifred
26th April, 2015, 01:52 PM
my bill is ?221.00 for one bedroom flat in Manchester

Okay but how many bathrooms, pools and hottubs do you have :distrust:
Unless your like meaty.....He can't afford a tap :rofl:

GastonJ
26th April, 2015, 02:04 PM
mines about ?50 PM but its got me thinkin why do we pay for water like this? why cant it be in with the council tax? its not like we can go elsewhere for it and also isnt it against the law to have he monopoly on a mega business? (you must have competition)

is ther eanywhere in the world that has the setup where a water company distributes clean and makes electric at the same time?

Because the Tory government in the 80's decided to sell of the water companies, the ones people had already paid for when paying tax, by virtue of the fact that it was taxation that paid for them to exist. Nothing like getting the taxpayer to pay for and build a viable business before you sell it is there?

There is competition, if you're a commercial customer

https://www.ofwat.gov.uk/nonhousehold/choose

If you're residential, then the message is "pay up, or f**k off and die, but we'll still charge you, even if you use no water drowning yourself"

https://www.ofwat.gov.uk/consumerissues/chargesbills/

If I were on unmetered and they refused to fit a meter, I'd have a hosepipe from my house into the local river 24/7 to make up for it :)

Johnner
26th April, 2015, 02:09 PM
We're heading that way too,but the water company hasn't passed the Eurostat tests yet.

They're also trying to create some sort of legislation to fast track non payment cases through the courts.Can't see how that's gonna work,if noone pays the bloody bill ! :hmmmm2:

joe516
26th April, 2015, 02:21 PM
Okay but how many bathrooms, pools and hottubs do you have :distrust:
Unless your like meaty.....He can't afford a tap :rofl:

5 bathrooms 4 pools and 2hottus m8

Meat-Head
26th April, 2015, 07:37 PM
Meat city water force you a meter if swimming pool hot tub etc, but not if you leave kitchen tap runni g months on end

GastonJ
26th April, 2015, 08:05 PM
We're heading that way too,but the water company hasn't passed the Eurostat tests yet.

They're also trying to create some sort of legislation to fast track non payment cases through the courts.Can't see how that's gonna work,if noone pays the bloody bill ! :hmmmm2:

Large companies, backed by MP's, always seem to get the ability to bypass the normal process of law, funny how that happens eh?

alec
1st May, 2015, 09:09 PM
People on a meter with a low bill should not be encouraging other people to go on a meter, because the water company have a base cost + a profit % they need.
So think about it, if too many people start saving money using a meter, they will increase the volume costs. It is catch 22, the more you try to save, the more they will increase the price. I am not on a meter and it cost me ?37 a month x 8 months a year.

Meat-Head
1st May, 2015, 09:27 PM
Yeah went into water company with a bag full of ?1 coins to pay my bill, refused it!

Now what to do?

ifred
7th May, 2015, 07:51 AM
Suggest buy very long piece of hose connect one end to your tap and stick other end in water company's letterbox, turn on then send them a bill and askfor payment only in one pound coins!
They can't refuse pound coin, they're coins of the realm, write to queen Lizzie tell her send PC plod to them :excitement:

Meat-Head
7th May, 2015, 01:41 PM
Great but I can't speak German .

kitchen tap STILL running 24/7 inc weekends and bank holidays

ifred
7th May, 2015, 10:15 PM
Great but I can't speak German .

kitchen tap STILL running 24/7 inc weekends and bank holidays
No you need to speak french or at least eat snails :rofl:

5. The Queen speaks fluent French and often uses the language for Audiences and State Visits. Her Majesty does not require an interpreter.
53. The Queen sent her first email in 1976 from an Army base

looks like she beat you to the i~~~~ failure also by yonks :turtle:

Meat-Head
7th May, 2015, 10:58 PM
Wow 1976. Was it called a Telex

Meat-Head
9th May, 2015, 12:54 PM
Humped my ?251.25 part payment to t' bank, they refused it, now what, account on hold, ring them up and moaned.

GastonJ
9th May, 2015, 05:03 PM
Humped my ?251.25 part payment to t' bank, they refused it, now what, account on hold, ring them up and moaned.

Humping bags full of pound coins in public will get you arrested, even more so if you phone up banks and moan down the phone at the same time lol

ifred
9th May, 2015, 08:50 PM
Meaty like to live on the edge were just not sure what edge though!

Meat-Head
9th May, 2015, 10:09 PM
They can't refuse pound coin, they're coins of the realm

Well barclys bank the banker there did. Saud there not bagged, funny, the entire lot in an entire thick POLLY bag

Meat-Head
11th July, 2015, 10:49 AM

kitchen tap still running. 24/7 inc weekends/bank holidays.

bank counting money all cash, now using their wifi

bet somebody reading this as I type

ifred
12th July, 2015, 09:00 AM
Haven't you emptied Meatcity reservoir yet!
Don't be such a tight ~~~~ buy a six pack of tumbler glasses at tesco's so you can bail extra water out the windows and pull the flush every ten minutes :eagerness:

Meat-Head
12th July, 2015, 03:33 PM
Bastewards. NO DK member discount no VIP discount, no "cycle to work scheme" discount.

they can shove off, if they Wasnt so greedy, then neither would I be.

burd in the bank was JAM hot

Meat-Head
12th September, 2015, 12:25 PM
On topic:-

kitchen tap still running 24/7 pay up, leave tap running

GastonJ
13th September, 2015, 04:46 PM
On topic:- kitchen tap still running 24/7 pay up, leave tap running

Why not just pipe the water to all those in your area who are lumbered with a water meter, cost you nothing, saving for them and a loss for the water company :top:

Meat-Head
13th September, 2015, 05:17 PM
Great idea gaston, love it, but I need to learn Polish, Latvain, Lithusnion, but the bloke round corner can naff off .

going to pay exceot the last ?11 in Monday.

Meat-Head
22nd March, 2016, 07:25 PM

water something day, doing my bit by leaving tap running faster

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidgcant/status/712181296999563265?p=v