PDA

View Full Version : Cannot locate password for Commando 15C

jonnyboy123
12th October, 2014, 06:42 PM
Hi all,

I have installed Commando 15c on my Dreambox 500 but cannot locate the password. I understand the password is removed but Enigma TV requires a password but cannot locate one.

PaphosAL
22nd October, 2014, 04:16 PM
Try jonnyboy123 as the password...

It will work for FTP protocol, which insists on a password in an image that doesn't actually require one, unlike a telnet connection, which doesn't...

But in fact, in Commando, you can use ANY single character as the FTP password.

And gone are the days of traders 'locking down' FOC Commando images with their own password for user=root so their 'customer' couldn't access the box via FTP nor Telnet.

There's a nifty LraiZer-designed "Restore default Password" item in the "Settings" menu that overides their shite, LOL! AND that item cannot be hidden in the 'Personalization' menu, either! It's all deeply encoded in the heart of the neutrino binary, where no bottom-feeding low-life traders making ???? off of our free Commando DM500 distros can possibly disassemble and remake it, LMFAO!!!

Cheers- AL ;)

jonnyboy123
22nd October, 2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks for that PaphoasAL,

Still getting used to the new Commando image. Pretty cool and to be honest, very generous of you and the team to make it available for free. I personally appreciate that as well as the ongoing support online.

Thanks John.