PDA

View Full Version : opening IVECO EDC7 UC31 any easy ways of removing circuit board from backplate ??

aidyk
13th October, 2014, 10:36 PM
HI

i need to delete adblue system from this unit.
any simple way to remove circuit board from backplate without damaging it ?
lid was tight to get off even with hot air gun..

regards

jr2185
13th October, 2014, 11:19 PM
HI

i need to delete adblue system from this unit.
any simple way to remove circuit board from backplate without damaging it ?
lid was tight to get off even with hot air gun..

regards

No, there is no good way to get them out. Lot's of heat on the back helps and go around clockwise when looking at the front and start on the edge that is not glued. Doing it that way with two people only damaged 1 out of 5.
Also, you should be able to turn off adblue without bdm.

aidyk
14th October, 2014, 10:28 AM
No, there is no good way to get them out. Lot's of heat on the back helps and go around clockwise when looking at the front and start on the edge that is not glued. Doing it that way with two people only damaged 1 out of 5.
Also, you should be able to turn off adblue without bdm.

how can i turn off adblue without programming ecu.? with emulator.? are these a success..

regards

Alpinesport
14th October, 2014, 11:12 AM
What Iveco post your file read obd

aidyk
14th October, 2014, 10:05 PM
its a 2008 iveco stralis with cursor 13 engine 560hp..its euro 4 not euro 5 and so cant be done by obd with CMD or GALLETO V54 ..
i put the ecu back together as i dont want to break it i dont see any simple way of getting the circuit board out of the aluminium backplate
its sits about 10mm into it and it would be very hard to get a lever in to prise it up.
im hoping to get a emulator to do the job.
maybe someone can help me out ? truck goes back out to work sunday the 26th of october so i have some time.
fault showing is for reductant regeneration circuit and i know the adblue pump is seized..

regards

jr2185
15th October, 2014, 03:51 AM
its a 2008 iveco stralis with cursor 13 engine 560hp..its euro 4 not euro 5 and so cant be done by obd with CMD or GALLETO V54 ..
i put the ecu back together as i dont want to break it i dont see any simple way of getting the circuit board out of the aluminium backplate
its sits about 10mm into it and it would be very hard to get a lever in to prise it up.
im hoping to get a emulator to do the job.
maybe someone can help me out ? truck goes back out to work sunday the 26th of october so i have some time.
fault showing is for reductant regeneration circuit and i know the adblue pump is seized..

regards

Are you sure Galletto can't do these? I've never tried a truck, but I can do tractors with that engine with adblue with my galletto and also kess v2.

I just looked and Kess doesn't show that it can do trucks with adblue so maybe they are different. If thats the case then I guess bdm or emulator is the only option.
I use two screwdrivers and start prying in the center of the side that's not glued and slowly work my way around.