PDA

View Full Version : Starview the box super usb

mpg
6th July, 2009, 06:02 PM
Sorry for starting a tread here guys but i have search but couldnt find what i was looking for.
How do i flash starview view 4 box,i dont have the 9 pin connection on my computer,so its USB TO USB.could anybody reconnmend a Cable that i need.

SRRY GUYS,JUST RELIZED ALL I NEED IS A NORMAL USB TO USB CABLE,BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DELTE THIS TREAD.

bigfella
6th July, 2009, 06:44 PM
Sorry for starting a tread here guys but i have search but couldnt find what i was looking for.
How do i flash starview view 4 box,i dont have the 9 pin connection on my computer,so its USB TO USB.could anybody reconnmend a Cable that i need.

SRRY GUYS,JUST RELIZED ALL I NEED IS A NORMAL USB TO USB CABLE,BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DELTE THIS TREAD.

m8 wat u need is a usb stick download firmware to it

bigfella
6th July, 2009, 06:45 PM
read this thread m8 ...click on it....http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/its-here-idiots-guide-starview-4-initial-setup-30784/

mpg
6th July, 2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks fella,
i think i am doing something wrong.i have downloaded the bin file onto a memory stick and formated my super box.it has pick up all channells but nearly all have the dollar sign beside it,i have press 1570 in menu and but seem to fnd the emu button,Any help ?

Thanks alot.

moh
6th July, 2009, 08:48 PM
Im thinking that if you cant find the emu to turn it on that you havent installed the firmware,look in here for a guide to setting the box up......Digital Kaos - Downloads - Tutorial for setting up starview 4 super usb (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/tutorial-setting-up-starview-4-super-usb-580/)

maca
6th July, 2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks fella,
i think i am doing something wrong.i have downloaded the bin file onto a memory stick and formated my super box.it has pick up all channells but nearly all have the dollar sign beside it,i have press 1570 in menu and but seem to fnd the emu button,Any help ?

Thanks alot.
when you press 1570 the emu is at the bottom option ..

mpg
6th July, 2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah,once i press 1570,the options i get is default key,code on or off,navagation.
No emu.

Just to say,i tried to format the bin file again and now it says format fail,does this mean its formatted from the 1st time i did it or not at all formated,if you can understand what i am trying to say.
Also i tried to go by the step by step guide and when its says highlight the logo file and click ok,there doesnt seem to be a logo file on the firmware that i have downloaded.
Any help please.

mpg
6th July, 2009, 09:28 PM
Gus,thank you very much,got it working,yeah no more emu,its called keycode.

Thanks again for all your replys

superspurs
26th August, 2009, 07:31 AM
read this thread m8 ...click on it....http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/its-here-idiots-guide-starview-4-initial-setup-30784/
Hi Bigfella, I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if that download you posted for 'TheBox Super USB' actually works and if so, could I download it from this forum? Thanking you in advance...

bigfella
31st August, 2009, 05:49 PM
Hi Bigfella, I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if that download you posted for 'TheBox Super USB' actually works and if so, could I download it from this forum? Thanking you in advance...

yes n yes u ll find the download in either the red stickys or in the download section

shanasmat
1st January, 2010, 06:10 PM
please help
hi there,
im new to this and so might ask you a stupid question but please pardon me and helpme out! thankx in advance

ive downloaded the link and unzipped the files copied the 2zip gomp and the mpeg.when i insert the usb it asks me to format. please help

maca
1st January, 2010, 07:13 PM
please help
hi there,
im new to this and so might ask you a stupid question but please pardon me and helpme out! thankx in advance

ive downloaded the link and unzipped the files copied the 2zip gomp and the mpeg.when i insert the usb it asks me to format. please help
have a look here m8 Digital Kaos - Downloads - SV5 tut (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/sv5-tut-955/)

shanasmat
1st January, 2010, 07:45 PM
thank you very much for the help ive successfully upgrded the box
cheers