PDA

View Full Version : Problems with google earth and ms virtual earth...

Saltire
18th June, 2008, 03:58 PM
Ive been using microsoft virtual earth no problem until now, it crash's when i try and zoom in on a house etc, never done that before, i tried uninstalling/reinstalling etc but still the same, it leave me with a black screen and i cant do anything and have to switch the pc off at the wall socket to boot back up again.

I gave up with it and thought, i will try the latest version of google earth instead, this wont even install man, wtf, lol ???? i get an error, ive added a screenshot of the error, does anyone know whats happening ??

Strange, hmmmm, i wonder, i tweaked the registry last night so that windows vista would shutdown faster, default value was 20000=20 seconds, i set it to 1000=1 second.
I tried putting it back up to 20 seconds etc, but still got the above problems, so i dunno if that would have anything to do with the above problems, cant see how it would as the change to reg is just for closing the pc down, hmmmm ?

caveman_nige
20th June, 2008, 02:23 PM
You could ~~~~ around with it for ages and get nowhere fast. But you could cheat, use your system restore and go back a few days to when it worked and before you fiddled and try again mate... Not the technical solution you might have wanted, but its a hell of a lot less painful..