PDA

View Full Version : cant figure out how to get an item typed from one of the keys on the keyboard , help

Saltire
18th June, 2008, 06:05 PM
if you look at your keyboard, the key to the left of the number 1 key iam talking about, i want to type the straight up n down line thats on that key, how do i get that ??? anyone know, ive tried combinations of buttons and still i cant get it :(

caveman_nige
18th June, 2008, 06:12 PM
I can that that symbol on screen by using the key to the left my Z, the symbol on the key is a broken vertiacl line but it types an unbroken line as you are looking for.

e.g ||||||||||||

try it, could just be my IBM Stinkpad that gives me this etc...

Saltire
18th June, 2008, 06:17 PM
I can that that symbol on screen by using the key to the left my Z, the symbol on the key is a broken vertiacl line but it types an unbroken line as you are looking for.

e.g ||||||||||||

try it, could just be my IBM Stinkpad that gives me this etc... ye i see that mate , but thats gotta be a different i would think and means a different thing, hmmmmmmmmmmmm ? iam stumpped

Dreamer
18th June, 2008, 07:16 PM
One of the alt keys along with the key. I used the "alt Gr" key ?????????

Saltire
18th June, 2008, 07:50 PM
ye but the key to the left of the number 1 key should give a solid vertical line, see what iam saying ?

Dreamer
18th June, 2008, 08:03 PM
Can you not just draw the gap in? If you're using word you can put it in using the "insert symbol" just copy and paste. I think it's to do with the region set. Maybe need to change the keyboard to us or Irish.

Saltire
18th June, 2008, 11:42 PM
Can you not just draw the gap in? If you're using word you can put it in using the "insert symbol" just copy and paste. I think it's to do with the region set. Maybe need to change the keyboard to us or Irish.

so what is the equivlant key if you have the keyboard region set to english uk ? is it that key next to the Z key ?

Devilfish
19th June, 2008, 12:37 AM
Same as Dreamer, I hold the 'Alt Gr' key and then press the button and I get the ? line lol

Another good tip is.... Start > Run > charmap

;)

illumin
23rd June, 2008, 07:53 PM
try a combination of ctrl + alt and the key or ctrl + alt + shift and the key or as Devilfish said have a look at the character map and select it there if all else fails :)