PDA

View Full Version : Remote is a nightmare

slideaway
7th July, 2009, 12:35 PM
Hi All

I have the A750 and the remote is terrible, I am using the latest firmware on the box. The remote can be non-responsive at times and a little to eager at other times.

***its not the batterie before anyone asks!

I have used the EuroVox 5100 and the remote provided with the 5100 works fine, if only the KV would work the same

Anyone else noticed this??

wilf
7th July, 2009, 01:02 PM
yes mate there is a problem with remoteson the 750. a little reading before you posted would have found that its been mentioned on many occasions. anyway if you could get hold of a 700 remote which was much better it will work on 750 as well they have them at bubblesupplies i think for just over ?7 last time i checked

slideaway
7th July, 2009, 01:29 PM
yes mate there is a problem with remoteson the 750. a little reading before you posted would have found that its been mentioned on many occasions. anyway if you could get hold of a 700 remote which was much better it will work on 750 as well they have them at bubblesupplies i think for just over ?7 last time i checked

cheers wilf

EAMO 2
7th July, 2009, 03:03 PM

I was asked by a friend to check his brand new Krypvu
His remote was unbelievably slow, I tried my own remote [about 3 months
old] & it was no better with his box, yet is somewhat bearable with my own
box. So I wonder is the rem sensor on the box the real problem

mtv1
7th July, 2009, 03:06 PM
Remote Controls?::?Skywonder Ltd (http://www.skywonder.co.uk/home.php?cat=13) replacement remotes

Striker10
7th July, 2009, 05:37 PM
i must say i've not noticed this. The one i use is pretty responsive.

That said I was using sky digital before and believe me any remote is an improvement on my old sky remote.

it's good to know the 700's work with the box but maybe outlets should offer an option for white remote as it seems crazy to have to buy the 700

wilf
7th July, 2009, 05:39 PM
So I wonder is the rem sensor on the box the real problem

this could well be the problem, i have done lots of experimenting with this i tried from near to box and far away from box i tried from different seats in the lounge and i did get used to the 750 remote after a while but it just felt odd to start with, like you needed to press much harder but i have found that my 700 remote makes my 750 work like the 700 box

EAMO 2
7th July, 2009, 06:18 PM
this could well be the problem, i have done lots of experimenting with this i tried from near to box and far away from box i tried from different seats in the lounge and i did get used to the 750 remote after a while but it just felt odd to start with, like you needed to press much harder but i have found that my 700 remote makes my 750 work like the 700 box

Solution to problem
Everyone should return 750 remote, ask for 700 remote in exchange, go the
whole hog & ask for a 700 box to go with it

Sean Gilmartin
9th July, 2009, 10:40 AM
Hi everyone, I recieved my 750 last week, I too have the same problem with the remote, does anyone know is it the box or the remote?? no one appears to be telling us anything, yet they are still selling a faulty product.If it is the remote then they must be recalled and a replacement given to us.The back up service is very poor, I was told to buy a remote that is of an older box!!! they should be replaced for free!!

slideaway
9th July, 2009, 01:42 PM
I have played around with the remote and like other I have found it difficult to use. It is next to impossible to enter a channel number (4 numerics), i find the easiest way to navigate is to use the categories.

For me its the only real let down of the box. The EPG is responsive and clear to understand, the category view is excellent and the box is small with decent looks.

Shame the remote is the negative. Im sure I read that the remote worked better on an older firmware for the a750, lets hope the developers release an updated firmware to maybe resolve the current issue.

nothbankchap
9th July, 2009, 09:41 PM
If I had known beforehand I would not have bought this box.In my opinion it is "overhyped".I bought mine from taylor made circuits and the remote control is driving me nuts.I have since bought the A700 remote control and it is an improvement but still slow.I have tried contacting the seller but he is blanking me,what peeps should do is demand a refund or stop buying these until the manufacturer sorts it out as it is nothing less than shoddy goods.

slideaway
10th July, 2009, 03:58 PM
If I had known beforehand I would not have bought this box.In my opinion it is "overhyped".I bought mine from taylor made circuits and the remote control is driving me nuts.I have since bought the A700 remote control and it is an improvement but still slow.I have tried contacting the seller but he is blanking me,what peeps should do is demand a refund or stop buying these until the manufacturer sorts it out as it is nothing less than shoddy goods.

The box in my opinion is pretty good, it doesnt overheat, it was simple to setup and hasnt dropped a channel yet.

I have used used/seen other boxes and this is a joy compared to most.

If only the remote could be sorted...

orientville
16th July, 2009, 08:32 PM
Even with the new firmware 12/07/09 update the remote is still very unresponsive.Dont think i'll be buying another one of these unless kryptview gets their act together.

bobt
16th July, 2009, 10:29 PM
I have both remotes and the older one is definitly better, but still not great. But for the money i paid i cannot complain. In all other respects it works great.

cactikid
18th July, 2009, 11:36 PM
i believe remote and sensor have been looked at and fixed now.
i always went the favourites route to find channels.

Sean Gilmartin
23rd July, 2009, 10:18 AM
Good morning all, is there any update on the A750 remote control problems?? mine is almost impossble to use!!!!!!!!

crockett69
23rd July, 2009, 11:09 AM
Even with the new firmware 12/07/09 update the remote is still very unresponsive.Dont think i'll be buying another one of these unless kryptview gets their act together.

I found a big improvement with the remote after installing the latest firmware.:vroam:

brianthegas
23rd July, 2009, 02:08 PM
Hi
I too had a problem with the remote, I emailed my supplier and explained the problem, he promptly sent a replacement which works perfectly!

mark36
23rd July, 2009, 08:23 PM
i believe remote and sensor have been looked at and fixed now.
i always went the favourites route to find channels.

cactikid I assume you mean by way of the new firmware,just wondered if you'd heard something different as even with the new firmware in it is still erratic at best.

Has anyone tried removing the sensor and replacing with a new one?
And if so any joy.