PDA

View Full Version : CARDAQ PLUS / LUNCH J-BOX

AvechuchoAxel
28th October, 2014, 11:18 AM
After searched the forum, looking for some solid info regarding software / hardware compatibility.... I ended up empty handed....

So here is another question regarding J2534 interfaces that can run OEM diagnostic software.

What experience you guys have regarding this matter?

In Drew tech site, there is a long list of manufacturers that allow run diagnostic and programming through this interface, but under subscription and/or online software. (for DIAGNOSTIC I don't want to pay for a subscription if is not strictly necessary....)

For example... I have Chrysler Witech installed on a laptop that I used to run with original pod. Pod is gone already, but software is still there. VW/AUDI, etc software can be used with this interface? BMW ISTA/D /P SW from a chinese supplier will run as well?

What about IDS JLR and GM MDI?

Any input or comment will be very welcome..

Thanks

Meat-Head
28th October, 2014, 06:55 PM
Huh, if you press the thanks button more often, it ACUTALLY makes the search button much easier to WIRK, go stalk eeprom ripper (one word) (iShit Failiure) he had one thread the sane

AvechuchoAxel
29th October, 2014, 07:47 AM
Thanks MeatHead for the head up. I checked every post from our mate, unfortunately there is no thread or at least I didn't find anything related with my question.

Just in case I wasn't clear about my question... What I want to know is if there is any info regarding OEM diagnostic software that run with a J2534 device. NOT A ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION BASED or DrewTech TOOLBOX app.

JLR 1996 UP (T4 or similar)
GM MDI
WITECH
BMW ISTA
VW / AUDI / LAMBORGHINI

Thanks

Meat-Head
29th October, 2014, 08:54 AM
Oh he did a thread but when the server was upgraded there was a small incident involving a box of threads that got dropped and went everywhere so might have been in that box

Meat-Head
29th October, 2014, 08:57 AM
*HATE* editing posts. Here it was on the floor near the mods vending machine

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f152/j2534-toolbox-software-223827/

afitijuana
2nd November, 2014, 10:43 PM
I dint Know that you own a OEM Witech i see you are improving haaa

qubits
24th November, 2015, 02:07 PM
I did alot of research on j2534. but I still don't own one yet :) Never really had a need for it. most modules have eeprom or flash.

Most OEM software should work with a decent j2534 interface. like HDS Tech2 GDS2 VIDA ODIS Techstream C3.
If I remember correctly, few OEM like IDS (that probably includes JLR?) and ISTA won't work. Probably VIS (VAG) won't work either.

My conclusion is Drew tech is grossly overcharging us for a good interface. And some OEM charges too much for a simple access. You have to do alot of passthrough programming to get your investment back.

The whole/original idea of j2534 was supposed to be affordable to independent mechanics. I think the sweet spot should be around $500 for a good interface and lower cost for daily online access.

bonecrusher
25th November, 2015, 06:34 AM
agreed qubits