PDA

View Full Version : Commando 15.0d for DM500S and DM500C

PaphosAL
28th October, 2014, 06:49 PM
It took nearly 6 months to pull this off, but thanks to our loyal band of beta testers (some on cable, some on mult-Sat, some on both), we think we have finally hit pay dirt with this image.

For users getting their old DM500C boxes out of the closet or loft, we have a nice surprise for you. Cydine's old dBox2 C12 NetID Scanning with VM Bouquets has been ported in, wooo! Along with SML and full Parental Control options. Fill yer boots, guys...

For DM500S, it's all been about NOT breaking the DiSEQc A-Z Scanning that cydine's old code DID break... It looks like we're finally there at last, phew! We've also added shedloads more protection, robustness, and disaster recovery to AutoBouquets, in order to look after you when you try weird things, LOL!

Either reboot and click BLUE > BLUE (Update available) or start over again with this morning's bang up to date build attached. More info in the info.zip file attached, which is also included in the rar package (along with libcrypto for mgcamd testers).

Enjoy! Cheers- TC :)

PaphosAL
28th October, 2014, 07:01 PM
We should have mentioned that this is now a DUAL platform image, and that thanks to some smart LraiZer code, it detects if your box has a DM500S or a DM500C tuner on first boot.

And then a one-time script nukes all the excess baggage files for the 'other' platform, and then it nukes itself, LOL!

Thought it might b useful to attach the latest helpfiles as a seperate pack, but these are also packaged in the image download as well..

Cheers- AL :)

chickenkicker99
31st October, 2014, 06:30 PM
Flashing now

chickenkicker99
31st October, 2014, 08:18 PM
We should have mentioned that this is now a DUAL platform image, and that thanks to some smart LraiZer code, it detects if your box has a DM500S or a DM500C tuner on first boot.

And then a one-time script nukes all the excess baggage files for the 'other' platform, and then it nukes itself, LOL!

Thought it might b useful to attach the latest helpfiles as a seperate pack, but these are also packaged in the image download as well..

nice like how now got new channels except there staying black after follow your hints a trick file to get them working :(

jap1981
4th November, 2014, 01:54 PM
been trying to flash my DM500s with a null modem cable - but ive either bought the wrong cable or the one ive bought doesnt work!! Would there be any possibility you could provide me with a link to buy one off e_ _ y or any other site? Pulling my hair out here! My laptop is brand new - so im not sure if it has the RS232 port - but it does however, have a port which looks like it - but I think its to connect to a monitor - but not sure if the null modem cable goes in here or not?! The cable which I am currntly using (which either is not working, or the wrong cable) is a USB Male to RS232 serial with an attached female to female gender changer converter. Your help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

complete newbie here - as you can tell :-)

PaphosAL
6th November, 2014, 11:24 AM
What image is your box at present, m8?

AL :confused:

Hadron
6th November, 2014, 04:44 PM
been trying to flash my DM500s with a null modem cable - but ive either bought the wrong cable or the one ive bought doesnt work!! Would there be any possibility you could provide me with a link to buy one off e_ _ y or any other site? Pulling my hair out here! My laptop is brand new - so im not sure if it has the RS232 port - but it does however, have a port which looks like it - but I think its to connect to a monitor - but not sure if the null modem cable goes in here or not?! The cable which I am currntly using (which either is not working, or the wrong cable) is a USB Male to RS232 serial with an attached female to female gender changer converter. Your help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

As you suspect the port on your laptop is for a monitor (it will be the same physical size as an RS232 port, but will have 15 pins instead of 9).

Most USB to RS232 serial adapters have a male connector on the end, as they replicate the connector you would find on a pc with a built-in RS232 port.

You will need to use the adapter with a null modem cable. Using a female to female gender changer won't work, as certain wires need to be crossed over, as they are in the null modem cable.

Also, many members have problems with USB to RS232 serial adapters, but some have had success with adapters using the Prolific PL2303HXD rev D chipset, such as this one:-

Prolific PL2303HXD USB to RS232 Serial Cable 9 Pin Male for Win 7 8 - Apple Mac | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390951556054?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

It will have to be used with a null modem cable:-

NULL MODEM CONNECTOR CONNECTION CABLE 9 PIN 1.8 METER FEMALE TO FEMALE | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231336112595?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

I have noticed that there's a seller selling an "all in one" adapter which is listed as working with a Dreambox:-

USB to Serial Null Modem Cable EuroVox Upgrade Lead | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120348974363?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

redralph
8th November, 2014, 02:31 PM
Both my boxes stuck on loading with latest commando 15d update. Any ideas please ?

psats
9th November, 2014, 10:35 AM
Both my boxes stuck on loading with latest commando 15d update. Any ideas please ?

Do a fresh install

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f213/guide-flashing-dreambox-dreamup-42950/

chickenkicker99
9th November, 2014, 02:03 PM
im having trouble with my channels staying black after added the c line and version and turned it on anyone able to help me on this via email or teamviewr?

digicon
9th November, 2014, 03:34 PM
im having trouble with my channels staying black after added the c line and version and turned it on anyone able to help me on this via email or teamviewr?

Read the Rules Please: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/#post2

Linking to Card Sharing Payservers for any reason is not allowed

Discussions about Cardsharing are not allowed, including, but not limited to, CCcam, Oscam, MGcamd, Gbox, Mbox, etc....
Discussions about Servers, Providers, Clines, Gift's etc will be edited or removed.
No asking for Pay Server lines

jap1981
14th November, 2014, 12:04 PM
Hadron - You sir, quite literally are "Thee Man!" Thank you so much - I bought the all in one option from the link you provided and it worked first time using Universal dreamup! I've flashed my dm500s with commando v15.0d and all seems to be working :-) Do you know if Cccam gets added to my dreambox automatically with commando v15.0d or do i have to add it seperately?? And if so, how?? Not even sure what it does tbh.

digicon
14th November, 2014, 12:37 PM
Hadron - You sir, quite literally are "Thee Man!" Thank you so much - I bought the all in one option from the link you provided and it worked first time using Universal dreamup! I've flashed my dm500s with commando v15.0d and all seems to be working :-) Do you know if Cccam gets added to my dreambox automatically with commando v15.0d or do i have to add it seperately?? And if so, how?? Not even sure what it does tbh.

Hi buddy,

we dont talk about any sort of 'Cams' on the forum due to the forum rules, but as paphosal has mentioned many times previously all the helpfiles can be found in the image itself as well as from the download at the top of the page.

Thank you

jap1981
14th November, 2014, 01:06 PM
Thanks digicon - and apologies. A whole new world to me.

Hadron
15th November, 2014, 11:58 AM
Thanks for getting back to let us know that the all-in-one adapter worked on your Dreambox jap1981.

lfc84
18th January, 2015, 10:02 PM
on this image how do i get bt sport extra channels into a bouquet?

I have got "sports" and "sky sports interactive" bouquets, but not "bt sport interactive"

psats
19th January, 2015, 09:44 PM
with remote they are 50367/8

lfc84
29th January, 2015, 07:54 PM
with remote they are 50367/8

I do not have an all channels bouquet and don't really want to play around with the bouquets manually. I would have thought this could be automated into the scan in the image

jonnyboy123
30th January, 2015, 11:21 PM
Hi all,

This is by far the best image for Dreambox. I do have a question though. I used to make use of Enigma TV, an application that allows you to watch your Dreambox on a PC with a nice interface as well. Although after I installed the Commanda image, I can no longer connect to the box, although the box can be accessed via a web browser.

Is there some form a lock preventing me from accessing the Dreambox with Commando via an app. I have spoken to the developer who advised that if you can access the Dreambox via a web browser then you should also be able to do so via the app.

Any help would be much appreciated.

John.

mpeg
15th February, 2015, 10:20 AM
Not sure where to go with this, but have commando image installed & have added a CCcam but when i go blue-menu-red into softcam menu it says CCcam installed but it keeps switching it off when i try to activate it, sorry if in wrong section.

moin
17th March, 2015, 02:07 PM
Not sure where to go with this, but have commando image installed & have added a CCcam but when i go blue-menu-red into softcam menu it says CCcam installed but it keeps switching it off when i try to activate it, sorry if in wrong section.

reflash to the latest version commando and add in everything u want to then check your ip address on the box and use firfox to access that ip address. also make sure vlc player is installed on you pc or laptop to be able to watch the stream. hook the box to the router lol dhcp enabled

Tinnycan
28th March, 2015, 06:24 PM
Would I be able to flash my old Dbox2 C, with this image?
Currently Commando 10:chuncky:

Duall
5th May, 2015, 06:53 PM
Excellent, not checked any dm500 posts for yonks, does this require an Internet connection or does it do all the work itself

edevs
24th August, 2015, 03:52 PM
is there a tutorial on how to flash this image?

plasterer
24th August, 2015, 07:00 PM
Same as any 500 image mate
Dream up with a 232 cable .
Or if theres an image on it now transfer to temp and upload via remote ...........Paul

elrasho
29th August, 2015, 09:47 PM
Im trying to use the Network in DreamUp to flash this image but when I turn my dreambox it doesn't see it?

digicon
29th August, 2015, 11:02 PM
Better to use a Null modem cable on its own or in conjunction with dreamup

superstar
16th November, 2015, 10:36 PM
just stumbled across this - need to try out this weekend, see if i can do more with a box collecting dust :-)

Kalel73
25th November, 2015, 06:00 PM
Same here.. Must have a play around this evening..

PaphosAL
27th November, 2015, 02:07 PM
Guys- this image is now 'State of the Ark' !!! Please flash the latest C15.1c release, which is 25th November 2015 build and stickied at the top of this thread.

satguy99
22nd January, 2016, 11:00 AM

You need one of these, your new laptop will not have a seial port so you need to use your USB port https://www.satellitetv.ie/computer-accessories/usb-to-serial-converter

xDaemon
30th January, 2016, 09:50 PM

i have the same problem, link given by psats for fresh install not work anymore. Can someone help me please? thanks in advance. . .

maca
30th January, 2016, 10:23 PM
The site has had few problems try again later ..

xDaemon
31st January, 2016, 12:02 AM
The site has had few problems try again later ..

404 File Not found

It's all a conspiracy.
We're hiding everything from you...
or maybe the file doesn't actually exist.
hmmm....

can i get help with how to fix it? . . . . .

digicon
31st January, 2016, 01:26 PM
404 File Not found

It's all a conspiracy.
We're hiding everything from you...
or maybe the file doesn't actually exist.
hmmm....

can i get help with how to fix it? . . . . .

Try this link: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/224293-How-to-guide-Flashing-a-Dreambox-DM500S-or-DM600-in-less-than-2-mins

change04
4th March, 2016, 01:03 PM
Hi There
I am mHi Thereissing a BT1, BT Europe, BT extra, news and all movies channels, it says EPG not available, I have done create autobouquet and played around with setting still nothing happens. I did a scan for all channels and this wipe all channels. I have used dreamup to erase and install commando 15.1c and set my location to London ITV and still no channel, any help will be appreciated. Many Thanks

plasterer
4th March, 2016, 07:43 PM
If your using latest commando with 500s
Push blue on remote
Auto bouquets 28 e
You should get a pop up saying auto bouqets running and 1 min later its done
You must be connected to the net .....................Paul

Terrymartin29
9th March, 2016, 07:52 PM
HEy new to this could you help me set up a dm500c please

plasterer
9th March, 2016, 09:23 PM
Not much to it mate just flash above image.
And most everything else is done via remote. ......... Paul

baja
26th October, 2017, 12:31 AM
hello, i am new to dreambox. i think i have the stock firmware on my dreambox dm500s, so can i directly flash this firmware with flash wizard pro? thank you very much