PDA

View Full Version : MED17.5 password

OVERSPEED
29th October, 2014, 06:00 PM
I usually read Jetta 200cv in bootmode with no problens using FGtech V53 euro, but this one was previously made by unitronic and ask for password, but when I try to read password it says password is not possible

Is it some kind of protection that can be made for avoid others to steal files ? or what ?

Shaheenem
6th March, 2016, 04:27 PM
Sorry to bring up old thread but did you ever solve this?

I have similar issue. Car was tuned by another tuner. I tried to flash over ECU with an original file. After successful write, ECU has no comms with obd anymore.

I tried to read in boot mode but asks for password.
X17, fgtech, Kess, ktag, trasdata, Odis etc cannot read or write.

OVERSPEED
6th March, 2016, 08:25 PM
No, i have 2 ECUS in same situation than yours

Shaheenem
6th March, 2016, 09:08 PM
Hmmm. Thanks mate. Must be some way to revive this ECU.

jnoroeste
7th March, 2016, 12:14 AM
Hi M8?s
Surely have changed Seed keys to protect,
How you overwritted the file without have readed? You don?t know about otp sectors?? Your only solution is the replacement of tricore processor and use any full backup reading from stock same engine and make new keys.

Regards.

acmotor
13th March, 2016, 01:15 PM
I have same problem with ECU tuned by Shaxk Performance, but no problem with Unitronic read and write with Ktag. on the Shaxk Performance tuned ECU. i tried to overwrite with original flash file which i have backup earlier. but car no start ... end up i replace ECU with immo off and continue my tuning.

Anyone have solutions on this problem? kindly share please :)

Shaheenem
13th March, 2016, 03:33 PM
I also ended up getting another ECU and doing immo off.

Would like to hear is there is a solution, otherwise will just have to replace micro.