PDA

View Full Version : dreambox 600pvr or itgate 220

razor
18th June, 2008, 09:33 PM
i am thinking purchasing one these boxes, it would be my first linux box, the dreambox already has harddrive installed and person who selling it, said its genuine, is there a way to tell? which one would be easier to use, welcome any replies/recommedations, thanks in advance.

Devilfish
18th June, 2008, 09:38 PM
There is great support for both receivers but I would say more for the dreambox.

Both will give you the same results really, not sure if the itgate can have a hard drive.

razor
18th June, 2008, 09:49 PM
itgate has usb port so you will have to record to external hard drive, have dreambox 600pvr been cloned like dm 500

Devilfish
18th June, 2008, 09:51 PM
Yes you can get 600pvr clones for about ?129 + P&P from China.

sherlock
18th June, 2008, 10:25 PM
Well you won't go wrong with the 600 as i have had 1 since they came out,
there are some fantastic images available too.

The igate does have an option of a specific cam developed by the igate team and is future proof?????

The Dream media web site have info to tell if it's a clone or not, also think there is a way to tell by the mac addy (but can't remember)

Also you can multiboot with dreambox 600 using barry allen i have 3 images on mine all working (for testing of course) not sure if you can with the igate though.

On the 600 you can also change the tuner to a sat one (very cheap at min)should the cable scene ever die, (so box would still be useable)

razor
18th June, 2008, 11:00 PM
the only reaon i m having reservations about dm 600 pvr, if it's clone, software might not be compatible and it could damage the box?

Neil
18th June, 2008, 11:28 PM
I prefer the looks of the 600, IMHO the Itagte is an ugly box.

Curious123
18th June, 2008, 11:31 PM
the only reaon i m having reservations about dm 600 pvr, if it's clone, software might not be compatible and it could damage the box?

Keep away from the Gemini images and you will be fine no matter which image you use.

satman
19th June, 2008, 09:47 AM
Well cant really let this thread past without putting my two bobs worth in,,, all be it from as neutral position as possible...
both the dm600 and the tgm220 are solid boxes,,,,, the dm600 uses an internal 2.5inch hard drive and the tgm220 uses a external USB drive....
There is clones about of the dm600, but you should just stay away from any gemini images to be safe of getting the clone bombs...

both boxes run enigma,,,, both are currently AU, ( we do have hypercam on itgate which will on next hit be updated within an hour or so )....
The dm600 is smaller box in dimension,
Generally you will get a years warranty with dream,,, you get 2 years warranty on hardware with the itgate.
Next shipment of the 220 is actually going to be a new all black model.
There is currently a wider selection of images available for the dm600 ( not many uk-ready images though ),,,but the UR firmware for the 220 at present is solid as a rock, and we at cli team have 2 projects coming this month for enigma and neutrino on itgate.. They will also be soon released Pli image and Nabilosat image for the tgm220, these are being tested at present on tgs110 and working great and the 220 image will be coming in the next 2 weeks....
Dm600 has 1 scart connection and svideo connector,
Itgate has 1 scart connection, svideo connection and RGB Component connection , and really does have jsut that bit better picture quality and sound quality,..

I like all linux boxes, but In my honust opinion for value for money, a box thats on offer right now on pre-order for ?60 cheaper than a 600,,, you wont go far wrong...

razor
19th June, 2008, 10:26 AM
well i got decision to make today! dm 600 pvr is second hand i believe, the guy had for over 8 months so i guess there wont be no guarantee and itgate carries 2 years warranty and price is similiar coz dm 600 being second hand he is selling for ?150 with 120hd....... thanks for your help guys.

Neil
19th June, 2008, 12:53 PM
Well cant really let this thread past without putting my two bobs worth in,,, all be it from as neutral position as possible...
both the dm600 and the tgm220 are solid boxes,,,

I had a chuckle at the neutral position mate but your comments are very fair.

I must agree as a Dream owner that the Itgate boxes must be better value for money than the Dreambox's. Dream are over priced compared to the competition.

I know you and your site is superb as far as support is concerned. If I had not just picked up a second hand 500c clone for ?35 I would have been tempted to try an Itgate myself. I do like the small size of the 600 though and one of its biggest plus points for me is that it takes and internal hard drive so there is no extra box to go with it.

Has anyone tried putting a drive inside an Itgate using a USB to IDE adapter lead or there not enough room?

Do you have a picture of the new all black boxes?

satman
19th June, 2008, 01:04 PM
I had a chuckle at the neutral position mate but your comments are very fair.

I must agree as a Dream owner that the Itgate boxes must be better value for money than the Dreambox's. Dream are over priced compared to the competition.

I know you and your site is superb as far as support is concerned. If I had not just picked up a second hand 500c clone for ?35 I would have been tempted to try an Itgate myself. I do like the small size of the 600 though and one of its biggest plus points for me is that it takes and internal hard drive so there is no extra box to go with it.

Has anyone tried putting a drive inside an Itgate using a USB to IDE adapter lead or there not enough room?

Do you have a picture of the new all black boxes?

Well to be fair mate, i still contribute a lot to the dreambox world too, and actively work with Cli team as much on dream stuff as itgate stuff..
Havent tried putting any usb>ide adapter as i like disconnecting it and connecting it to my linux machine...
I like all linux boxes, just as i stated in my last post,but for value for money and for support and the 2yr warranty, its a good buy..
and yes,, here is a pic similar to the new black look tgm220
(this pic is actually a satellite only tgs210 but looks identical)

Neil
19th June, 2008, 02:26 PM
Well to be fair mate, i still contribute a lot to the dreambox world too, and actively work with Cli team as much on dream stuff as itgate stuff..
Havent tried putting any usb>ide adapter as i like disconnecting it and connecting it to my linux machine...
I like all linux boxes, just as i stated in my last post,but for value for money and for support and the 2yr warranty, its a good buy..
and yes,, here is a pic similar to the new black look tgm220
(this pic is actually a satellite only tgs210 but looks identical)

I know you work with Dreambox's as well. I have seen you help many people and go as far as connect to their box to help them out.

I think the all black tgm220 looks much better than the silver and black.

redondo5
7th September, 2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks Satman and Neil.... both of your posts have been quite informing...

I currently have a sammy SMT-2100c... but I wanted a differant type of cable receiver...

my options were dbox2, dreambox 600 c and now the itgate (after reading various posts on various forums)

I was gonna go for the DM600c but then realised they go for around ?200 - and to be honest - for the features you get, not quite worth that much IMO.

The itgate clinched it for me with Component/RGB input and ability to use USB HD - as I like to move the hard disk around.... Only downside is it seems pretty ugly (although I can't view the picture you posted of the new black version). The DM600 is nice and petite...

Anyway.... would any of you experts know if satkings.org is a good/trusted site? The itgates are going for ?160 delivered. I was also told digi-deals.co.uk (for itgates) .....but the site doesn't seem to work.

I'm going for the Itgate 220 from satkings.... but I just need to know if they're trustworthy?

Thanks

hugo1111
8th September, 2008, 12:37 PM
hi satman,

sent you a pm, not sure if you got it. when do you think the pli image will be available for itgate tgs200? runnning edg-nemesis 4.2 and it's not brilliant. Do you think it would be better with pli?

thank you for your reply

hugo

satman
8th September, 2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks Satman and Neil.... both of your posts have been quite informing...

I currently have a sammy SMT-2100c... but I wanted a differant type of cable receiver...

my options were dbox2, dreambox 600 c and now the itgate (after reading various posts on various forums)

I was gonna go for the DM600c but then realised they go for around ?200 - and to be honest - for the features you get, not quite worth that much IMO.

The itgate clinched it for me with Component/RGB input and ability to use USB HD - as I like to move the hard disk around.... Only downside is it seems pretty ugly (although I can't view the picture you posted of the new black version). The DM600 is nice and petite...

Anyway.... would any of you experts know if satkings.org is a good/trusted site? The itgates are going for ?160 delivered. I was also told digi-deals.co.uk (for itgates) .....but the site doesn't seem to work.

I'm going for the Itgate 220 from satkings.... but I just need to know if they're trustworthy?

Thanks

Satkings are the UK Distributor for them mate,, safe as houses, and very reliale.

@hugo-- there is a gemini port available for the tgs200, ( are you sure you have the satellite version tgs200? ),, No Pli image available yet, but my team may port it for the 200 box, but we having trouble adding USB h/d support for the tgm220. if your using cable box mate stick to my ukur firmware, its very solid and tweaked with special drivers n shit for uk cable.