PDA

View Full Version : ECU remap problem!

ivano
8th July, 2009, 10:46 AM
Hello everyone! Few days ago I bought an EOBD 1260 cable for ECU remap and I got 2 software; Galleto and KWP 2000. After I connect cable with PC, I was install drivers for that cable, and there is the first problem. I use Windows XP with SP3. In device manager that cable can be found as FTDI FT8U2XX device (I can see that cable only when it is connected with PC). Also, I tried with different drivers and then in device manager that cable is shows as "Serial to Kline interface". I tried to remap Passat TDI 110 from '99 and Mercedes C220 CDI from 2002. First I tried with drivers which shows cable as FTDI FT8U2XX device. In Galleto software, after I was connected car with PC and turn the ignition ON, I select the car and ECU. When I press the button "ECU Data" nothing happens, and my PC gets freeze. The same is with button "Read ECU", when I click on it, the program ask me for destination where I want to save my map, and when I click OK, after a minute program gives me an error message. In KWP 2000 I follow instructions on " KWP2000 instructions (http://www.kwp2000.info/instructions) " 3. step on "VERY EASY TO USE" I don't understand which say " point windows to the folder where you installed the driverpackage ". So I follow the address C:\Windows\System32 and when that window was opened I reboot PC. Is that correct way? I follow other steps, so after I connect car (any car) and PC I start KWP 2000 and turn the ignition ON. When I select the ECU, and want to open that, it gives me a message "Kick Not Found". Everything is the same when in device manager cable is showed as "Serial to Kline interface". So please, help me! I don't know where is the problem! Which driver I'll have to use? Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english" :-)

Floyd
8th July, 2009, 07:32 PM
Make a folder and call it for example Galleto, then put all the Galleto files and drivers in to that folder. If your happy the driver has been installed, then to use the programme open it from the folder that has all the drivers in. It should then work.

The same cable won't work with Galleto and kwp2000 software, it will be one or the other.

etronic2
8th July, 2009, 08:36 PM
If you bought 1260 inetrface just use Galetto software and it should work.

ivano
8th July, 2009, 08:57 PM
I bought EOBD 1260 cable and with this cable I got Galleto software. Still thinking that problem is in driver. In device manager cable is showed as "FTDI FT8U2XX device". Today I tried again connect passat tdi from '99 which has EDC 15 ECU, and when I turn the ignition ON, and start the Galleto program (select make(car) and ECU), and by pressing the button "ECU data" nothing happens. The LED diode on cable blinking (it is'nt only red) and still nothing. I wait about 20 minutes, but nothing happens. The same is with Mercedes C 220 CDI from 2002.

doddy2323
3rd October, 2009, 09:32 PM
Hi all! Try to disconnect windows firewall and check if the galleto open the port.P.S.-if this dont work you have a problem with the interface...I thing.

Miltiadis
21st October, 2009, 02:41 PM
Connect the cable to the pc.click to the device manager in windows, search for serial devices and updete the driver manualy from the location the driver file are.Then go to properties of the device set it as com1 and give transfer rate 9600kbps.Sorry about my english i'm greek!

crossfr
21st October, 2009, 05:29 PM
Hi

I'm new in this forum, but i can help you, the ecu from the passat of the year 99 doesn't have a flash memory, this means that you can't read or see anything, in this case you have to use the old way, open the ECU and retrieve the data directly.

On the mercedes case, the galleto should work, try to see the firewall or some anti-virus!

gadroulll
22nd October, 2009, 01:36 PM
goes to remove programs ,remove ftuxxx driver ,make restart and try to install other drivers to test it.for example cmd 2.0.2 drivers.your chip in interface is ft232rl not ftu8xxx .check it.. use galletto program with
"new serial.exe "

vanvan
22nd October, 2009, 04:03 PM
Have the same problems here :(

Robby&Bobby
22nd October, 2009, 05:48 PM
go to ftdi site and download latest drivers for your os.

The 99 tdi AFN will NEVER work is is MSA ecu You need to desolder the chip...

If you use galletto get clean xp install or make new user in xp. no firewall, no anti virus. latest drivers. and it should work. or maybe your interface is wrong...

try some older vag PD TDI like golf 4, passat 3C, and same family. they should work with 1 click.

vuno01
22nd July, 2011, 02:58 AM
passat tdi you will never be able to read with galleto
but mercedes c220cdi it must work.