PDA

View Full Version : KeyScan(SP Diagnostics)

kemaster
7th November, 2014, 04:39 PM
Hi Guys. Does some of you use this tool? What impression you have? Experience(good and bad)? What works and what doesn't? Support?

Cromwe11
7th November, 2014, 05:14 PM
I know a lot of people that have bought it have been dissapointed. Coverage is a bit limited and customer support from the manufacturer is supposed to be very poor.
SKS - Keyscan Application List (http://appviewer.diagnosticupdates.com/SKS.html)

obdsystems
7th November, 2014, 08:59 PM
lol I could tell u the history of this tool....

Originally developed by a dodgy locksmith called Albert Hart. Then taken over by myself and eventually SP after we were both burned by him.
I continued to develop/sell a tool for a few years until development came impossible (i write code, I'm not a mathematical genius).

I got out in time, SP in my view haven't. Best left to Abritus, Advanced Diagnostics, and Chinese

yusef
7th November, 2014, 10:22 PM
key scan is the update of ikeys from sykes pickavant after SP took this over. It was rumored that the developers originally developed T300, possibly explains resemblance in function ?
i stand to be corrected

obdsystems
8th November, 2014, 12:35 PM
No, original developer was myself for police/security forces "KDS" with Albert Harte. Then re-badged as JMA "RT3". Development wasn't paid for, so I developed my own "AutoTEC" -
Good machine a few years ago.

Then Winston Lee of SP transferred it to his old Sykes tool.
He's done some good work but ultimately its a losing game -

Yeah Albert Harte re-appears every few years - very gifted locksmith and even better businessman at ripping people off.
He's not welcome in northern Spain where JMA are based.
https://www.duedil.com/director/913100146/albert-daniel-harte/directorships

------
Anyway, as to equipment kemaster there is sooo much now which will give you good results. Many from China like SKP900. Distributors in this country sell it also so must be good. spoilt for choice :)

rapidlocksmiths
8th November, 2014, 07:24 PM
lots of news at mo in diag world , kaba have bought AD

Kaba - security technology - master key systems (http://www.kaba.com/en/news-media/322176/kaba-news.html)

Atex31
8th November, 2014, 07:39 PM
Interesting,

Do you think that will mean more or less investment/R&D etc?

WBR

Alan

totalkey
8th November, 2014, 08:49 PM
Interesting,

Do you think that will mean more or less investment/R&D etc?

WBR

Alan

Maybe there plan is to put transponder system in house door lock

iPhone Tapatalk

Fallen
9th November, 2014, 02:55 AM
Kaba already have a transponder type system that the put in key heads.

obdsystems
9th November, 2014, 11:50 AM
I'm surprised the directors at Advanced didn't sell out sooner as market is flooded.

Only way to beat them is a huge R&D investment and make product 100% on-line against copy-kats threats

nazz2
9th November, 2014, 12:41 PM
I own the original I keys,(the tool before the keyscan), its very good on jap and Korean stuff, and fast, just shame they were slow with upgrades, my friend owns keyscan , when I get time, I ask him for you.

paul_12345
9th November, 2014, 02:17 PM
I'm surprised the directors at Advanced didn't sell out sooner as market is flooded.

Only way to beat them is a huge R&D investment and make product 100% on-line against copy-kats threats

no need for all the online stuff, I've said it before you only need to look at the land of clones to see the solution.. senselock dongle and its easy to code also.