PDA

View Full Version : mercedes W203 ezs all keys disabled

Nik Matsa
10th November, 2014, 12:26 AM
I have read the mcu data from a w203 ezs and I found all keys disabled. Car had sudden problems and both keys of car stopped working same time. Mcu is the classic problematic motorola 4J74Y mcu. I searched the forum and I found two threats of people had same problem. Somebody tried to enable again the keys at both cases but worked only for one case. Is it possible to repair data for my ezs?
I have to write them on a new 4J74Y ecu and make keys, but this I can do it. I need someone to fix my data.
This file below contains only data from eprom memory
I have two last questions
1) Can I use other mcu with mask 2J74Y or other ?
2) I have to program both eeprom and flash memory of a used mcu?

Thanks in advance

velco
10th November, 2014, 12:35 AM
send me number ezs

Nik Matsa
10th November, 2014, 01:16 AM
send me number ezs
where is written that number you are asking me? How many digits does it has?

autodigitec
10th November, 2014, 01:38 AM
He's asking for EZS part number (ex: 203 545 01 08, 203 545 05 08, 209 545 19 08, etc)

smayer
10th November, 2014, 01:38 AM
your file all keys enabled

smayer
10th November, 2014, 01:41 AM
He's asking for EZS part number (ex: 203 545 01 08, 203 545 05 08, 209 545 19 08, etc)

You are faster my friend but have one error in your file, key 0 and 1 is as not used. :)

Best Regards

autodigitec
10th November, 2014, 01:47 AM
I noticed by the hashes that they were obviously used. I just dont know what those bytes mean. And skc only checks first bit so its also inconclusive.

smayer
10th November, 2014, 01:49 AM
You can see in my file, pass im PM.

Nik Matsa
10th November, 2014, 01:13 PM
thanks both of you for help, I ll try smayer's solution and I will report results

Nik Matsa
11th November, 2014, 04:42 PM
I tried smayer solution but didn't worked. When I mounted ezs on the car I car didn't respond to key. A new problem appeared too, I couldn't see mileage on dashboard.
After I mounted ezs I read again eprom data from ezs and I noticed differences. Differences where in the first lines of data.
This was the procedure I followed :
1. I replaced the original 4j74y mcu with 2j74y mcu from a used ezs.
Car's ezs had an 4j74y on the front side and 2j74y on the back side.
Spare ezs' front mcu was missing and at the back side had that 2j74y which I used to replace 4j74y mcu.
2. I programmed only eeprom memory of 2j74y with data fixed from smayer.
Should I had to program and the flash memory?
If yes where can I find data to program the flash memory of 2j74y?

autodigitec
11th November, 2014, 08:04 PM
What programmer are you using?

Nik Matsa
11th November, 2014, 08:19 PM
ak500+. I read again mcu after writing and verified data written and was ok. I have programmed before that type of mcu's via ak500+ and I had no problem.

SUPERKEVO
12th November, 2014, 12:44 PM
Hi mate ETL TOOL best for 908 mask. Read eeprom data only and it works perfect

smayer
12th November, 2014, 11:02 PM
Just EEprom data don?t work if mcu is from diferent position (pcb side). Easy solution is use mcu from same position and write just eeprom you can use 1J35d.

Nik Matsa
13th November, 2014, 11:38 PM
I found 1j35d from a used ezs same position. I will program the data you sent me Smayer and I will check the ezs tomorrow on the car. I will report results tomorrow

Nik Matsa
17th November, 2014, 10:32 AM
I tried and I had no response from ezs when:
I inserted the key in ezs
I pressed any button of two different keys
I connected star, I can't run diagnosis
I have noticed something else too, when I had connected an ezs from an other car, the central locking worked from the car's button, but when I connected the ezs of the car with corrected data centeral locking didn't worked
I think the second mcu has the problem, not the one with data keys which I have read. I wan't to check the flash of that mcus.
As I understand flash memory is different in two occasions:
1) a 4j74y which is on the front side of the ezs has different flash from a 4j74y which is on the back side
2) a 4j74y which is on the front side of the ezs has diefferent flash from 2j74y which is on front side of an other ezs

If two same mcus (2 x 2j74y or 2 x 4j74y) are on the same side of two different ezs',
then these mcus has the same flash memory?
That flash memory is standard for those chips when used in mercedes ezs?
If yes, does anyone has the default flash data to send me so I can check if mcus are corrupted?

Thanks for any help in advance

pepi
17th November, 2014, 06:35 PM
On otocoupler side is memory with km data stored and on the other side is key data .
and your question was
"If two same mcus (2 x 2j74y or 2 x 4j74y) are on the same side of two different ezs',
then these mcus has the same flash memory?"
Yes if there is the same part number.

LEORNARD NKATA
12th April, 2018, 03:49 PM
Just EEprom data don?t work if mcu is from diferent position (pcb side). Easy solution is use mcu from same position and write just eeprom you can use 1J35d.

please help me i have a w203 all keys disabled situation

thanks in advance

droidwayne65
12th April, 2018, 11:49 PM
please help me i have a w203 all keys disabled situation

thanks in advance
Everything but the SSID can be fixed. Four bytes of "FF". Do you have any key that was used with this EIS?

droidwayne65
12th April, 2018, 11:54 PM
Here you go. Four keys had been used and all are now enabled but the bin has a screwed SSID.

LEORNARD NKATA
13th April, 2018, 01:29 PM
Here you go. Four keys had been used and all are now enabled but the bin has a screwed SSID.

ssid is 98 57 55 17 this is the key that was in the car

droidwayne65
13th April, 2018, 01:42 PM
ssid is 98 57 55 17 this is the key that was in the car
I assume Key0?

LEORNARD NKATA
18th April, 2018, 07:28 AM
I assume Key0?

let me write file to eis make new key and try start the car thanx for the support

LEORNARD NKATA
20th April, 2018, 08:53 AM
let me write file to eis make new key and try start the car thanx for the support

i tried starting the car but no lucky maybe i gave wrong ssid

droidwayne65
20th April, 2018, 12:05 PM
i tried starting the car but no lucky maybe i gave wrong ssid
Did the ESL unlock and key turn?

LEORNARD NKATA
30th April, 2018, 08:13 AM
Did the ESL unlock and key turn?

no it didnt unlock and ignition is not turning

droidwayne65
30th April, 2018, 01:42 PM
no it didnt unlock and ignition is not turning
Do you have the tools to unlock a ESL or an ESL emulator? Test off the car with the emulator or on the car with the ESL unlocked. If the key doesn't turn then either the EIS or key is bad. If that's the case, it gets interesting :D.
Try making another key for this EIS and test again.
If no good, get another, good EIS, save it's original eeprom data, clone your original data and test again with the key you previously made.
If the key turns, you're set. If not, then you have to rewrite the saved eeprom data and make a key from it, the ESL has to be unlocked, the ECU has to be unlocked and reinitialized after the EIS and ESL are working normally.

LEORNARD NKATA
22nd May, 2018, 11:48 AM
Do you have the tools to unlock a ESL or an ESL emulator? Test off the car with the emulator or on the car with the ESL unlocked. If the key doesn't turn then either the EIS or key is bad. If that's the case, it gets interesting :D.
Try making another key for this EIS and test again.
If no good, get another, good EIS, save it's original eeprom data, clone your original data and test again with the key you previously made.
If the key turns, you're set. If not, then you have to rewrite the saved eeprom data and make a key from it, the ESL has to be unlocked, the ECU has to be unlocked and reinitialized after the EIS and ESL are working normally.

i tried writing the new file on another ezs but still nothing but if i take a different ezs and connect to the car it will write computing data on dash
what could be the problem ?
maybe the ssid i provided was wrong and in that case how do i get a proper ssid

droidwayne65
26th May, 2018, 01:55 PM
i tried writing the new file on another ezs but still nothing but if i take a different ezs and connect to the car it will write computing data on dash
what could be the problem ?
maybe the ssid i provided was wrong and in that case how do i get a proper ssid
Well it's time for the second option. Use the new EIS, unlock ECU and ESL.

leaserhu
26th May, 2018, 02:31 PM
Try my file an d collect!