PDA

View Full Version : sip22 ignition lock

ninja123
10th November, 2014, 10:46 PM
Had a peugeot boxer van today with no keys, and every door lock was knackered.

I removed side door lock and drivers door lock and code was the same, but key dont fit ignition.

I try lishi 2 in 1 in ignition and i can feel every wafer, but cant get any to bind :(

Anyone have a solution to pick this ignition?

ninja

kemaster
10th November, 2014, 11:50 PM
Ignition lock wafers are different than door lock ones. They have side gap where a bar is entering when aligned. Tomorrow at work I can send you pictures how to handle with it

Cromwe11
10th November, 2014, 11:59 PM
These ignitions are an utter pig to pick. They work on a sidebar that slots back into relatively wide angled v shaped cuts on the wafers. When you tension the lock to try and pick it with the 2in1 it just pinches the side bar between the plug and barrel and its not going anywhere.
The only ways I have ever managed to pick these are buy over lifting but had a very poor success rate. And the second way is a bit fiddly but has been more successful. Get a couple of slim picks and you can slip them between the side bar and barrel (Some of them you can get a pick past the cap on the plug if not you will have to pull the cap of first). Then
insert your 2in1 and dont turn it to tension the lock the picks pushing against the sidebar are doing the tensioning for you as you depress the plug.
I'm Sure Martin will be along with another method but hopefully the above will be of help.

camelgd
11th November, 2014, 01:52 AM
Don't know about this particular lock, but we deal with sidebar ignitions all the time. If you can apply pressure on sidebar, tumblers will set. Do not use tension wrench, until all tumblers have been set. Then turn to retainer release position, or read wafers in set position. The side pressure on the sidebar will hold each tumbler in place as you set them. The trick is always being able to get to the sidebar to apply pressure.

simaservis1108
11th November, 2014, 03:27 AM
SIP22 is a nightmare my friend,every key cut never works the first time for me.
If key is bent a little at the top,forget about cutting by key,need decode lock...

ninja123
11th November, 2014, 08:31 AM
I do lots of SIP22 jobs, but had the need to attack the ign lock, this one must have been changed at some point :(

It was easy to remove whole lock but would like to re use at some point.

ninja

kemaster
11th November, 2014, 09:18 AM
The pictures I post are from Jumper and Doblo to give you the clue how to deal with this. First picture ign lock is in console and you have to remove it. Second picture will help you to see where to drill to hit sidebar.(use 2-3 mm drill bit or Dremel if you like). Using thin screwdriver or suitable rod push slightly the sidebar and using 2 in 1 feeler set the wafers. Once done you will feel sidebar going 1- 1,5 mm deeper. Then you can turn clockwise. Then rotating slowly the plug push the pin like in picture 3. After ign. lock is removed you need to remove circlip and rotate the plug anticlockwise pressing again sidebar and black button(like to turn to additional consumer switch position. Hope this to be helpfull

keysph
11th November, 2014, 09:32 AM
I use force to remove these, never use door locks when all key lost.
I broke the cylinder holder with a screwdriver and at the end I make another holder.
After that I file the joint from top and remove the cylinder from housing with force again. like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwRt9Y8CM-8

kemaster
11th November, 2014, 10:41 AM
I do not admire wafer removing or filing. This can cause key able to be pulled out even if ignition is on and engine running. Especially in SIP22 ignition lock

rapidlocksmiths
11th November, 2014, 01:32 PM
sadly lishi struggles on these , ive not found a modern ignition that picks with it yet other than on motorcycles using this keyway

ninja123
11th November, 2014, 09:21 PM
The pictures I post are from Jumper and Doblo to give you the clue how to deal with this. First picture ign lock is in console and you have to remove it. Second picture will help you to see where to drill to hit sidebar.(use 2-3 mm drill bit or Dremel if you like). Using thin screwdriver or suitable rod push slightly the sidebar and using 2 in 1 feeler set the wafers. Once done you will feel sidebar going 1- 1,5 mm deeper. Then you can turn clockwise. Then rotating slowly the plug push the pin like in picture 3. After ign. lock is removed you need to remove circlip and rotate the plug anticlockwise pressing again sidebar and black button(like to turn to additional consumer switch position. Hope this to be helpfull

thanks for your info, but how to remove lock from housing in the first place?

ninja

ninja123
11th November, 2014, 09:35 PM
I use force to remove these, never use door locks when all key lost.
I broke the cylinder holder with a screwdriver and at the end I make another holder.
After that I file the joint from top and remove the cylinder from housing with force again. like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwRt9Y8CM-8

care to share how you get this lock out mate?

ninja

kemaster
12th November, 2014, 04:36 PM
Sorry for late reply. You mean plug from barrel or lock from console? Did you manage to rotare the plug? If so push the pin and rotating slowly the plug you will hit the correct possition of it when the pin will go deeper and lock can be pulled out from console.

ovitanov
12th November, 2014, 09:06 PM
Sorry, i did not get something maybe, why do you need wafer removing? Break the cylinder holder with a screwdriver. Key code is written on the cylinder. Need only instacode and cutting machine. Easy job for 15-20min.

Cromwe11
12th November, 2014, 10:28 PM
Ouch all this talk of breaking forcing and drilling is painful. Sorry not the best video just did it quickly on my phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5eY7rMSvy4&list=UUDO7-J1zugqgz0uanT0yzhg

ninja123
12th November, 2014, 10:28 PM
how to break cylinder holder, if i could remove plug i can cut to code on plug.

if i could rotate the plug then there would be no need for me asking for help :)

ninja

Cromwe11
12th November, 2014, 10:42 PM
how to break cylinder holder, if i could remove plug i can cut to code on plug.

if i could rotate the plug then there would be no need for me asking for help :)

ninja

Look back at post 15 I put a you tube link up showing how to pick it so you can rotate it and remove the lock or just decode with your 2in1 leaving it in place.

obdsystems
12th November, 2014, 10:57 PM
hmmm havent a drill yet but.... the old locksmith i hung around with before he stole my money always joked about a belt with drill n drill bits lol

kemaster
13th November, 2014, 07:50 AM
hmmm havent a drill yet but.... the old locksmith i hung around with before he stole my money always joked about a belt with drill n drill bits lol

Not bad idea. Helped many times :chuncky:

kemaster
13th November, 2014, 08:27 AM
@Cromwe11: Good job mate. Thought of this before but never tried because seemed applied power like this wouldn't be enough. That's why I like DK. Always learning something new. Cheers

ninja123
17th November, 2014, 09:02 PM
Ouch all this talk of breaking forcing and drilling is painful. Sorry not the best video just did it quickly on my phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5eY7rMSvy4&list=UUDO7-J1zugqgz0uanT0yzhg

tried for ages to do as your video, eventually got it to pick and turn, so removed the lock, got code and made key.

BUT, I tried to do it again and couldnt, I think the tools I have are no good, can you tell where you got the ones you use in your video please?

Thanks, ninja

Cromwe11
17th November, 2014, 09:10 PM
tried for ages to do as your video, eventually got it to pick and turn, so removed the lock, got code and made key.

BUT, I tried to do it again and couldnt, I think the tools I have are no good, can you tell where you got the ones you use in your video please?

Thanks, ninja

Sure they are made by Majestic I got those ones from north west keys NW Keys Ltd - Majestic 32pc Pick Set (http://www.nwkeys.co.uk/Portal.aspx?page=43&cat=128&prod=5946)

ninja123
17th November, 2014, 09:28 PM
just my luck, out of stock :(

ninja

Cromwe11
17th November, 2014, 10:52 PM
just my luck, out of stock :(

ninja

Not to worry Duffels sell them individually.
Majestic tools individual picks - Diamond end pick 101 (http://www.duffells.com/products/majestic-tools-individual-picks-diamond-end-pick-101-27500.aspx)

Cromwe11
17th November, 2014, 11:21 PM

Cromwe11
18th November, 2014, 12:29 AM
Also it doesn't always feel picked with the picks still over the sidebar it only moves a tiny bit once it's picked and then will turn the rest of the way once the picks are removed.

ninja123
18th November, 2014, 08:28 AM
yes, as I said, i did manage to do it once and remove the barrel, but I only have some broken key extractors and they are very thin at the ends, so maybe i am missing the spot with these.

Ill try again and report.

Thanks for your help, ninja

Oktawian
19th November, 2020, 01:14 PM
@Cromwe11 (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/413508-Cromwe11)
thanks a lot Man !

rob h
19th November, 2020, 10:15 PM
There is a code stamped, on the barrel core, if i am correct.
A way to drill or mill, to get a glance a that?