PDA

View Full Version : BMW X5 EWS 3 - new key prepared, but fault code 1Df5, no start?

instakeys
11th November, 2014, 12:12 AM
Hi DK folks. Need some help...
Read EWS and wrote new PCF with EWS Editor, chip now reads as BMW Rolling, VIN and Mileage correct, checked 'used' before writing to EWS.
Ran diag test and key is recognised as key 10. Not starting, and getting Fault Code 1Df5? Something about mismatch on random code?

Anyone know what I can do to sort this?

Thanks for any advice.

adamgr
11th November, 2014, 12:54 AM
You Do not tick used. Thats your problem here

instakeys
11th November, 2014, 01:36 AM
So uncheck 'used' and write to EWS. Thanks. Will reply to thread with result.

PCF
11th November, 2014, 08:02 AM
oe ur better way is to read with ews reader and write the ship woth ak90 or zed bull it will start for sure

ninja123
12th November, 2014, 09:06 AM
no need to write back to ews, use xprog and all will be fine.

ninja

instakeys
12th November, 2014, 09:54 AM
Thanks a lot for the help Adamgr. PCF and Ninja. I appreciate it!

I resolved this last night. Just used EWS Editor to uncheck 'used' on key 9 - then wrote back to EWS.
Chucked the module back in the X5, started 1st time ;)
I've had EWS tools for ages and never had to use them...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=285721&stc=1

Freezzby
11th January, 2016, 01:11 PM
Hi all I have a similar problem with a x5 3.0d after a dead battery car crank but no start ,do a diag and have a 1DF5 error.
I don't understand the part for uncheck used key.
Can someone explain me ,thanks.

rm23
11th January, 2016, 02:13 PM
Freezzby - do synchro by obd2...

lion0304
11th January, 2016, 02:13 PM
Hi all I have a similar problem with a x5 3.0d after a dead battery car crank but no start ,do a diag and have a 1DF5 error.
I don't understand the part for uncheck used key.
Can someone explain me ,thanks.

Your case lost synchro DDE-EWS. Read ISN in DDE and put in EWS.

Freezzby
11th January, 2016, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the advice but tried to sync with ista and have error can't sync and with fvdi also.
Can't delete error code 1DF5 and if I uncheck the key used car no crank but no more error 1DF5.
The ISN from 5P08 from eeprom and from ews is same .

Freezzby
11th January, 2016, 02:42 PM
I read on other post's that the rolling codes mess ,how to fix this rolling codes ?
I can post the dumps perhaps someone can fix it.

bram380
11th January, 2016, 03:00 PM
try this dump:

Freezzby
11th January, 2016, 04:14 PM
Thanks bram380 I will flash your file to the ews ,do I need to do something else or just put key and try to start the car ?

bram380
11th January, 2016, 05:03 PM
reprogram ews and use original key

Freezzby
11th January, 2016, 09:57 PM
Thanks for your help , I will update tomorrow if working with the ews reset you made :driver:

Freezzby
12th January, 2016, 02:53 PM
Hi I tested today but now I don't have crank and the key is not recognized at all.
Before it tell me key 1 in ignition now is key not recognized .
I will order some pcf9735 and try to program new pcf ,perhaps the key is bugging .
What do you think ? I checked the neutral park if present and ok next I want to take new wire from ews to dme and test perhaps some parasites ?

bram380
12th January, 2016, 07:55 PM
Car don't crank:
-Fuse to EWS problem
-Key problem
-Ring antena problem
-P/N switch problem
-EWS problem

cjawahir
13th January, 2016, 05:31 PM
try this file if not work make new key for position 1 , or do as Bram said .

cj

Freezzby
19th January, 2016, 04:29 PM
Thanks guys received today the pcf's and added new key in 4 location but also no crank .
For ews I tried spare one virgin so same.
I will try key 1 file if not work I will take the time to inspect this and update you guys .

Freezzby
24th January, 2016, 04:40 PM
Today decided to take a look to the E53 and started by bypassing the ews to see if will crank and guess what - the sphere ews was faulty and the original too ...
So I will go tomorrow to recover one but I think this was the problem .
I continued the tests just in case : Ring antenna ok ,P/N switch ok , fuse ok and for key I suppose ok also I can id it with carprog or tag key .
My problem was thinking the ews I have was ok ,I ordered a ews test tool ,it will serve for next time.

Bmkeys
24th January, 2016, 06:48 PM
What tool did you use to read the original ews?

Only because occasionally when i use ak90 I get this no start problem after making a key.

The cause of the problem is from small pieces of metal that short out the legs on chip after scraping the lacquer off.

I just spray with some electrical cleaner and scrub it with a tooth brush, works every time.