PDA

View Full Version : MB key tools

armpower
12th November, 2014, 03:23 AM
Hallo

I want to start doing some keys for MB.
I know is a difficult task.By the way i want to start from old veichle such as W203 serie W169 and 168.
I have the R260+ for reading Ezs mcu.
Which other tool i need to generate working keys?
Nec programmer, SKC calculator?
Any info appreciated.
Last but not least, can you tell me a good seller for MB keys?
Thank you so much for your valuable help

Cheers

ovitanov
12th November, 2014, 06:02 AM
Check noimmo.lt they have all tools working great.

armpower
13th November, 2014, 07:31 PM
Ok

But if i want to start doing "midaged" MB like W203 W169 W168 W211 without investing vast amount of money,
which is a "economic" way for starting this kind of work?

I've heard about AK500 , SKC calculator, Nec programmer and other tools.
Can you give me a small advice just to have an idea?

And where is a good place to find good remotes for MB car.A reliable seller with good quality keys.

Thanks you in advance

Cheers

siyadk
13th November, 2014, 07:52 PM
Ak500 is crap...u could buy etl clone, xprog and r 270 ..u will have good start. Also nec programmer

autodigitec
13th November, 2014, 08:13 PM
Basically 3/4 things you need for "mid-aged" MB Key making:
-Tool to read/write the EIS (can have hc705/hc908/9s12 mcus) (you need more than 1 tool to handle them all, like person above said, etl+xprog+r270+r260 should never let you fail a job)
-Tool to generate key files (SKC clone (~100$)/online calculators or you can post the dumps here and people will calc it for you)
-Tool to write Old big black plastic Keys with Motorola HC05E6 (upa/xprog)
-Tool to write NEC keys (cheap ~55€ nec programmer)

armpower
13th November, 2014, 08:54 PM
Thanks for your valuable help friends.
I Have some of the tool above, so i need only few addition.
Another interesting question is where i can buy some MB keys.Safe place with good quality.
If you don't want to advertise sellers I kindly ask to drop me a PM with details. :)
I think more recent cars need tools like mbkey,simon touch, no immo tool.Right?

Cheers

autodigitec
13th November, 2014, 11:02 PM
Yes you need those kind of new generation of tools for newer cars.

About place to get keys, I can't really help. At this moment I work mainly with used NEC keys from scrapyard, I also buy non original chrome keys with decent quality in my country but they're not very cheap.
I'm trying to find the supplier of this company (that must be from china) but so far the keys I bought were a disaster. :p

armpower
13th November, 2014, 11:18 PM
Last question. :)
I have x-prog clone, Upa original, R270+ clone.
If i understand well i need nec key programmer , skc calculator and ETL programmer.
Which version of ETL programmer I need.There are several version for different Motorola processor: ETL 711 ETL 908 ETL 9S12 and others
Can you explain in more detail?
ANd have you got a good source for this ETL programmer?
About used keys.Does used key need changing NEc processor or this is reprogrammable?
Thanks

autodigitec
13th November, 2014, 11:56 PM
Nec programmer can renew the NEC from used keys.

Theorically you can do all EIS with xprogm. Theorically R270 can do all 908/9s12 eis.
I personally use r260 on all 9s12, r270 on 908 and xprogm/ak500pro in 705(must be desoldered from eis).

I think of ETL as a last resource very trusted programmer. I have the 4 versions, but only use 908 and 9s12.
When I cant read 908/9s12 with the previous in-circuit programmers, I desolder the mcu and read with etl.

I bought r260 and r270 from ecutool and work well. My etl boards are quite old, no idea where I bought them.

armpower
13th November, 2014, 11:57 PM
What do you think of this tools?
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=285998&stc=1http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=285999&stc=1http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=286000&stc=1

Useless or valuable tool to buy?

About AK500+.You told me is a waste of money.This is the version i've found around with built in skc calculator.
Better to buy only skc right?
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=286001&stc=1

Thanks again

autodigitec
14th November, 2014, 12:08 PM
I cant see any of your pictures. :/

I didn't say ak500+ is a waste of money, that was someone else. :)
Ak500+ is supposed to work as 705(socket), 908, 9s12 programmer, nec(socket) programmer, motorola key programmer. Also has IR reader/writer that is useful to identify keys/check if they are at least transmitting anything/program renewed keys by IR.
Also seems to have ESL reader/unlock/renew by plug (not obd as they say) which is needed sometimes.

I have ak500pro which is "similar", everything works fine, but it's too expensive compared to ak500+ when they are supposed to do almost the same thing. I might buy a ak500+ soon just to test what is working or not and then just sell it to some friend.

puiu
14th November, 2014, 12:59 PM
The only problem with the chinese NEC programmer is with damage the bytes of the authorization of the radio ,
not always, but happened to me many times ( key start the car ,led remote work but lock - unlock not work)
and at the beginning i thought is from other reasons,
now is clear that the programmer is the problem,
and I, like autodigitec, use the original used keysI had a lot of MCU on which the remote was not working,
fortunately I could fix them with Mercedes Instrument (well that I have not thrown away :) )
in conclusion buy profesional tools for a profesional job :)

qubits
15th November, 2014, 03:18 PM
That's great information.

What would be a good alternative to clone NEC programmer? "Original" NEC programmer?

autodigitec
15th November, 2014, 09:37 PM
There are chinese programmers that can fix the remote bytes already, but I don't remember the name anymore. I know because I downloaded the software and it was in the manual.

cqae
23rd December, 2014, 01:09 PM
I've got a similar question i guess, I have a bit of equipment and want to get into MB keys, but really don't know where to start.

I've got xprog clone, carprog original and avdi original so thought i might be able to do some of these, but know I have a lot of learning to do. I was looking at simon touch & diagspeed, & am sure they work well, but with why I already have was trying to avoid buying more devices if I can do them already.

i was thinking that I might be able to buy a rosfar programmer & between that and what I already have, rear the MCU, then use avdi to generate key files then write them back into new keys(which I need to source too)

can anyone give me any advice on if I m thinking this correctly and where to start?

joemajdalani
23rd December, 2014, 02:47 PM
Just buy IR key reader & Rosfar,then can start doing all EIS with Motorola inside.

cqae
23rd December, 2014, 10:35 PM
i guess I have a lot to learn, any suggestions in which IR reader?....I had already planned on buying rosfar. I assume the IR reader is just to read any info from the key that isnt held in the EIS? then with the use of avdi I can make key files to write into my keys?

and rosfar, what dopes everyone suggest, the 260 or 270?

autodigitec
24th December, 2014, 02:20 AM
i guess I have a lot to learn, any suggestions in which IR reader?....I had already planned on buying rosfar. I assume the IR reader is just to read any info from the key that isnt held in the EIS? then with the use of avdi I can make key files to write into my keys?

and rosfar, what dopes everyone suggest, the 260 or 270?

rosfar is r260.
r270 is made by hrt, only the name is similar.

r270 reads hc(s)12+hc08.
r260 reads hc(s)12. I believe people trust r260 more than r270. I never had problems with either.

ttzag
24th December, 2014, 07:48 AM
Buy both
I have two EZS 211 same number and same hardware and even same dumps r260 can't read one of them and read the other , so i switch to r270 and it's read both

DottoreBL
24th December, 2014, 09:51 AM
I have r260 and untill now i had no problems

MarkPRP
26th December, 2014, 07:49 PM
R270 is a very good tool! But always understand it's made buy Chinese and could be low quality soldering/components so expect a failure at some point!

agabna
26th December, 2014, 09:06 PM
Buy both
I have two EZS 211 same number and same hardware and even same dumps r260 can't read one of them and read the other , so i switch to r270 and it's read both

Hello

Yes R270 is good device but in some 912s can damge the flash
And also w220 908

I had bad exeprince with w211 example

ak500+ had recovery function it saved me the onley good thing in the Chinese AK

So i advice to use the red r260 + etl 908

Thanks