PDA

View Full Version : Forget Vista...Welcome Windows 7

Homerj
8th July, 2009, 08:14 PM
Will Vista be forgotten about when Windows 7 emerges? A lot did not upgrade to from xp to vista but I think windows 7 will be worth the upgrade

Bulld0g
8th July, 2009, 08:16 PM
I hope so m8 i hate it with a passion lol. Vista to me is like windows me. Just a ~~~~ up lol

krazylegz
8th July, 2009, 08:22 PM
i too hope so....vista is sh!te and uses up loads more resources than windows 7.....and personally i think microsoft know its crap hence why windows 7 is out so soon after vista was released

Chimaera
8th July, 2009, 08:25 PM
7 is the new XP m8 its leaner a lot leaner than Vista, they have made numerous improvements, i trailed it a few weeks ago and it was fine just waiting for retail version to arrive in a cple of weeks then we can see what else they have changed

cunny
8th July, 2009, 09:13 PM
I have been running windows 7 for some time now, the RC1 and i have to say they have listened to us this time round, ok i am running a good pc what will help running vista.

Vista was really poor really poor but will carry on to support it for the years to come as unfortunatly there allot of people who either bought or got given it with new pc

-Hox-
8th July, 2009, 11:07 PM
I'm running XP Vienna which is (according to the system properties) built on Windows 7... if it is, it's great! Like an XP Lite, doesn't kill the PC which is nice.

opsmonkey
9th July, 2009, 03:33 AM
I'm running XP Vienna which is (according to the system properties) built on Windows 7... if it is, it's great! Like an XP Lite, doesn't kill the PC which is nice.

XP Vienna is just a theme mate..

With the announcement of Windows Seven (which has a codename of Windows Vienna), it was just a matter of time before a transformation pack was available. Vienna Transformation Pack filled in that gap by allowing Windows XP users to transform their PC to look like Windows Seven, the latest operating system being developed by Microsoft.

pete1
9th July, 2009, 02:07 PM
i was advised to change to vista from xp, i spent a day installing and another deleting with me swearing at the computer all the time vista was my main op system best thing to use the vista disk for? target practice/coffee cup plate well thats all it's worth:eek:

-Hox-
9th July, 2009, 06:23 PM
XP Vienna is just a theme mate..

Fair enough! It's definitely better than the old XP Pro that I had installed though!

Reapers
12th July, 2009, 07:45 PM
first of all vista=crap :D driver,software instabilities when first came out is not what the customer expects for the os thats ment to last haha

Windows XP

this was the stable and great operating system even with a few security issues that were never fixed but what one does not.i think it's the best microsoft has made to date. one but like many software it gets shelved for the new software coming forward.

Windows 7

Well ppl will have different views because OS's can react to systems differently depending on the hardware situation.im hoping they spent the time to fix the security on this operating system its somethink microsoft needs to invest in.

Win7 seems to be proving to way better than vista.

mark015
17th July, 2009, 06:16 PM
Windows 7 on sale at slashed prices - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/technology/microsoft/5832849/Windows-7-on-sale-at-slashed-prices.html)

mes king
18th July, 2009, 01:14 AM
I have seen that people hate vista with a passion but to be honest i havent really had a major problem with vista mines always worked fine and it does make finding folders easier for me ive seen the demo of windows 7 and to be honest i dont really like it plans to get rid of the mouse and will be using touch screens does that mean that the keyboard will no longer be needed either who knows.

cwebb66
18th July, 2009, 07:50 AM
one question , is it free ( if not it should be to replace vista for the poeple that bought it like me )

ChrisRogers76
18th July, 2009, 05:43 PM
Hopefully i've been using the Windows 7 Release Canditate version and its 20 times faster and superiour than windows Vista in my personal opinion, more stable does not take up all your RAM, etc.. a very decent version of windows is coming upon us soon!

Kevbo
21st July, 2009, 04:25 PM
Recently bought a new PC (Medion from Aldi), was quite happy with it 'til I heard about the OS (Vista) being replaced. Only had the thing about a month.
Bollox!
Does that mean I've got to pay for W7 ?

p.s. Not being too savvy with Op systems, what is so bad about Vista?

Kev :hmmmm2:

caveman_nige
21st July, 2009, 05:16 PM
Recently bought a new PC (Medion from Aldi), was quite happy with it 'til I heard about the OS (Vista) being replaced. Only had the thing about a month.
Bollox!
Does that mean I've got to pay for W7 ?

p.s. Not being too savvy with Op systems, what is so bad about Vista?

Kev :hmmmm2:

yes you will have to pay of course... Win7 will not be available until Oct 22nd though so you have plenty of time to get annoyed with Vista first..

opsmonkey
21st July, 2009, 05:55 PM
whats the difference between Home and Pro..??

I'm going to buy it, for 50% less i hope the Home Premium will be good enough..

The most power hungry software i use is the Adobe CS package.. will this be ok with Home Premium..??

Ta

smirnoff_rules
21st July, 2009, 06:09 PM
remember u cant upgrade from xp to windows 7 tho it has to be a clean install , u have to upgrade with a bent vista then upgrade again if u want to save any files or drivers

mes king
23rd July, 2009, 12:08 AM
they wont stop doing updates for vista though for at least prob a few more months or maybe a few years yet then it will just fade away in the background.

caveman_nige
23rd July, 2009, 06:50 PM
whats the difference between Home and Pro..??

I'm going to buy it, for 50% less i hope the Home Premium will be good enough..

The most power hungry software i use is the Adobe CS package.. will this be ok with Home Premium..??

Ta

essentially the difference is that the Pro version is for office use and can be joined to a 'domain' network environment... The Home version has less admin tools and no given ability to be joined to a domain, only workgroups... Performance wise it should not make any difference...

aftermath
23rd July, 2009, 06:58 PM
What a bummer , i was offered in an email from dabs .com a windows 7 for ?49 the home edition , and the profesional edition for ?99, that was yesterday.

Ive just checked their site the price is now ?125 and ?172 respectively , and none in stock.

Now i dont mind paying ?50 for a legit cd, but not ?125

Its no wonder there is a problem with piracy.

All i will say is " Microsoft Greedy Robbing ~~~~ers "

alunfennell
23rd July, 2009, 09:46 PM
I think where Vista Failed is with Drivers for Audio & graphics especially on notebooks when XP was the standard this also includes onboard Wifi, printers and a lot of other external devices not Vista compatable, a lot of people have reverted to using XP for the simple fact all the Drivers & Devices are working !

Its not up to Microsoft to turn around and suddenly stop support /Drivers for devices we have bought or commonly found onboard devices down the years nor address outstanding drivers which after two years we are still waiting for !

Visa after hours & hours of searching for different drives and in some cases such as my onboard Wifi card still not working I find Vista real good hopefully Windows 7 will bring back the support Xp had and make it a little less memory & processor hungry !

Regards:
Alun

opsmonkey
23rd July, 2009, 09:49 PM
What a bummer , i was offered in an email from dabs .com a windows 7 for ?49 the home edition , and the profesional edition for ?99, that was yesterday.

Ive just checked their site the price is now ?125 and ?172 respectively , and none in stock.

Now i dont mind paying ?50 for a legit cd, but not ?125

Its no wonder there is a problem with piracy.

All i will say is " Microsoft Greedy Robbing ~~~~ers "

mate check PC World they still have them at the low price until Aug 3rd ;)

Zak_K
24th July, 2009, 09:20 AM
I'm downloading W7 now, thought I'll give it a try as I'll be formatting anyways.

How do I go about the drivers though? Will my XP / Vista drivers work?

Zak.

smirnoff_rules
24th July, 2009, 09:24 AM
theres a good change it wont have your drivers m8 ,, best look at the pc manufactures web page and see if theres any drivers for your pc if theres vista ones u will have to download them to a memory stick for later