PDA

View Full Version : where is the key cut on cylinders ignition(fiat,ford,opel,vw)

stalonerambo
18th November, 2014, 03:16 AM
hi guys , i finally got instacode free, so i have doubts ,for exemple , can i get fiat cut code from where (door lock,,, ignition lock,,,,) the same for (opel/ford), and where is the key cut on vw cars hu66, can you post a picture showing how to read it on cylinders, i know it's possible to read it by dump on opel imo(1/2) but how about opel can , ? instacode what amazing software , now i only need to cut a few keys patterns and easy work, no more dismantle nothing, to get key cut,,,,,,

nikifer
18th November, 2014, 04:43 PM
I think that there is no keycode stamped in key cylinder ,exept if you keycode card for opel, fiat or vw label.

GAGICA locksmith

camelgd
18th November, 2014, 05:27 PM
Instacode is not a substitute for basic good locksmithing. There are not many situations where you can just pull a key code off a lock and cut a key. You need to invest in Lishi, and in the skills needed to mechanically originate keys. Instacode can help, in situations where you need to fill in positions that do not have tumblers in door locks. Also, if you lack the skills at the start, the codes can be obtained from some code brokers, and your Instacode will come in handy. But it is not the final solution for auto locksmithing. Not trying to be mean, just trying to help you see reality....:elefant:

rapidlocksmiths
18th November, 2014, 06:45 PM
on most cars you will not find a keycode stamped anywhere , if you are lucky then customer will have it with their paperwork on car pass , but mostly not , as has been said you can buy the codes from dealer or code broker , but this can be expensive .

the humble lishi 2in1 and the knowledge and ability to pick and decode will give you the key cuts in just a few minutes , as will the invaluable skill of being able to pull the lock strip it down and read the key , impressioning too is a cheap way to generate a key , sadly these basic skills there is no real way around .

as has been said instacode is usefull for finding missing cuts , looking up cuts from codes or codes from cuts , its a valuable database but doesnt replace basic locksmithing skills .

Invest in lishi tools and you wont need many key codes in future and some codes cost as much as a lishi tool for 1 code , a lishi tool will get you the code over and over again .

insomnia2009
18th November, 2014, 07:26 PM
I also have interest in this post maybe it a stupid question but how many different lishi is available is there one for most or all of the locks out there as you guys are experienced lock smiths how much have you invested in lishi 2 in 1 im waiting on my condor and think this is were i need to go next thanks for the valuable information already

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

rapidlocksmiths
18th November, 2014, 07:30 PM
there is around 70 lishi picks in the range and around 30 decoders if picking isnt your thing.

no there is not one tha does multiple locks .

these precision tools are designed to fit each keyway perfectly and pick each lock then decode the picked lock , every keyway is different , all use different wafers and all use different depth and space , so it is needed a tool for each lock type .

most people will get by with the 20 or 30 most common tools for most common keyways.

insomnia2009
18th November, 2014, 07:35 PM
Thanks your posts are always useful im missing something how to decode when the lock is picked or if you could send me to page with that info would be great

rapidlocksmiths
18th November, 2014, 11:27 PM
most lishi tools require the lock to be picked open and held in open position in order to decode the lock , where as the direct decoders do not need the lock picking , these will decode the lock in the locked position , but the 2in1 and 3in1 tools are far more accurate to decode with especially on worn locks .

p1et
19th November, 2014, 10:29 AM
Thanks your posts are always useful im missing something how to decode when the lock is picked or if you could send me to page with that info would be great

There is instruction here on DK how to use most common lishi tools, if you can't find it, I can send you on email if you want. Just write on PM where to send, I have already prepared email with loaded files cause sent it some time ago to friend.

stalonerambo
20th November, 2014, 01:50 AM
thanks friends, thanks i am learning a lot here on dk , , today i did a key by code , ford excort made in 1990 , easy job 3 minutes and no eletronic machine,

p1et
20th November, 2014, 09:45 PM
@insomnia2009

Please clear your PM inbox. I already sent you the files.