PDA

View Full Version : help on image please cant change channel handset freeze after 5 secs

jones8430
18th November, 2014, 11:22 PM
Hi ,I have just bought a vu solo se . From what I read now I think it may be a clone.
All was well but on the top of the box was a sticker saying all downloads from a certain website that looked like vu-hd respectable. on the first page it said best to update to a new version .I done everything and all went as it should according to instructions via R232 .
But now when it turns on there is a little blue cirlcle flashing on top of the screen .and the controls wont work after 5 secs.Not enough time to goto menu etc.. also in top right hand corner it says video content:1920x1080i 25 hz and Videomode: HDMI 720p multi.
maybe I set t up wrong but my tv is a new sony one which is full hd??
I have tried turning it off and unplugging it for 1 hour
I have tried various images from the same site but im not sure if im doing it right.
I format various usb sticks to fat 32
extract the rar file to it so the directory looks like vuplus/solo2 then 4 .bin files and 1 .update file.
So
1st of all do you think it is clone (is there a way of finding out) I paid ?200 of a auction site then found out it was delivered from hong kong so it would cost money to send back.
2nd could somebody try and explain in simple terms of how to usb update please. I tried the BlackHole-2.3.0-vusolo2se_usb file and the openvix-Helios.016-vusolo2se_usb,
Hope im not breaking any rules in asking for help
Any help or advice would be great.
And if there was a way of me sending you photos to show other people what mine looks like it may help others spotting clones (if mine is)
it came in a good box etc but suppose they make them look good.

P.S. I just read on this site somewhere that other people are using bootloader is that what im missing?
It has blackhole now .I can watch one channel and that's it.N controls etc. I have also just noticed that on the front of the machine it has lke a purple spiderweb light that when I touch it it changes colour slightly .
Thank you.

DOUGALMCD
19th November, 2014, 03:38 PM
You have a clone clues being sticker on top and where you bought it from.
Download image unzip it vuplus folder on fat formatted usb insert and press power button let it finish and set up your image from there.

jones8430
19th November, 2014, 05:38 PM
Thank you. im gutted but live and learn. Next time i go into shop to buy something . I try that tonight .
Great site.very helpfull .