PDA

View Full Version : auto-com is dead what sould i buy now?

anhuka
19th November, 2014, 07:44 PM
hi there,

i have a small garage low incoming of cars but recently have been getting more and recent ones too...
besides other things i had a auto-com that served me good for some time in the multi diagnostic field. but seems that the auto-com is now dead... since i dont own a big garage im looking to buy something little better but still money possible for me and the work i do/have.

so points to be taken

- multi diagnostic tool that cover most possible amount of recent cars and do more then the auto com
- price must be in the range of the auto-com (i had a clone) little more but in the same range
- dont need to be the best since i dont do A LOT but i do SOME so must be reliable
- user friendly is also good im not the only one to use it

besides buying another auto com what better options so i can evolve do i have?

thanks in advance

autoden
19th November, 2014, 08:37 PM
I think you would be hard pushed to get better than autocom at the price. There is better out there but very expensive. If you want another, drop me a pm, I might be able to help.
autoden

cocutanu
19th November, 2014, 09:04 PM
What do you mean autocom is dead ?
Software or interface ?
Anyway, both are still alive :)

teerak2uk
20th November, 2014, 02:41 AM
Updates are available

anhuka
20th November, 2014, 02:42 AM
dead i mean the connector are broke, it makes bad contact, i think is the connector itself that is broke inside

autocargo
20th November, 2014, 05:50 PM
You not giving us enough info m8... The USB socket usually break.... You can easily replace it.

anhuka
20th November, 2014, 06:30 PM
the obdII connector, the one that fit the car, there is a malfunction anywhere there, maybe a broken wire i guess.

i connect it to the car nothing happens
i mess around with the connector position different ranges, making some pressure on the cabl, right and left and lights go on.
after a few seconds lights off.
i guess there is a broken wire inside the connector itself, the obdII, the pins are good i all ready checked that.
the flexible thing that fits the connector obdII to the usb cable i think is there, but is so well protected full of silicone.
anyway i will try to fix it and if there is no such best thing in the same price range if things gone bad i buy another one

busaman
20th November, 2014, 07:30 PM
just buy another two (just in case the other breaks for a spare) they are dirt cheap. for the money they are unbeatable