PDA

View Full Version : Help reqd

Suzuki999
24th November, 2014, 01:47 PM
Hi guys
this has more than likely cropped up before but as I have had my box over a month I have decided to modify my user list to the one like sky so it's easier for the other half !
i have a 2 or 3 queries that if anyone will can help with will be much appreciated .
1. As I am trying to adapt my list to that of corresponding sky channels, how do I use the skip facility to miss the channels that aren't sequential?

2. When I have completed the channel set up is there anyway of saving it to the USB stick?

3. During set up I lost the group names like sports documentaries etc is there any easy way to get them back ?

4. I have tried to upgrade via network but it tells me I require a server password but that is held by the guy I bought the box from any ideas?

thanks in advance
from a novice

hfxlad
24th November, 2014, 02:28 PM
suzuki999 hello pal for a starter what box do you have?

Suzuki999
24th November, 2014, 08:28 PM
Libertview f5s mate

gary229
24th November, 2014, 08:33 PM
Factory reset the box in settings, press blue only, should then get fav cats back, me thinks!

Hadron
25th November, 2014, 11:00 AM
Hi guys
this has more than likely cropped up before but as I have had my box over a month I have decided to modify my user list to the one like sky so it's easier for the other half !
i have a 2 or 3 queries that if anyone will can help with will be much appreciated .
1. As I am trying to adapt my list to that of corresponding sky channels, how do I use the skip facility to miss the channels that aren't sequential?

2. When I have completed the channel set up is there anyway of saving it to the USB stick?

3. During set up I lost the group names like sports documentaries etc is there any easy way to get them back ?

4. I have tried to upgrade via network but it tells me I require a server password but that is held by the guy I bought the box from any ideas?

thanks in advance
from a novice

Did you create your own channel list? CWAITE (sattv5) already has a $ly numbered list (I assume that he has set it to skip unused channel numbers).

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/cwaite-previously-sattv5-sky-numbered-channel-list-only-thread-443860/

1) To skip channels go to menu > edit channel > channel edit. Select channel to skip, then select skip icon (green arrow) & press OK.

2) To save your list go to menu > tools > dump by USB. Dump mode = misc files. Select & Dump = TP_PROG.dbs. Press OK, then press yellow.

3) As garry229 posted

4) Upgrade by network doesn't work for anyone. Even the guy you bought the box from wont get it working.

Suzuki999
25th November, 2014, 06:03 PM
Thanks hadron much appreciated

Suzuki999
25th November, 2014, 06:04 PM
Cheers gary