PDA

View Full Version : Mini cooper 2007

drpeter
28th November, 2014, 09:34 PM
Tried to connect to a mini cooper cas today by obd with the dash connected? Is that possible? I got no connection. I wanted to check fast if the cas could be done by obd.

88diablo
28th November, 2014, 11:30 PM
When the guys who make keys go into CAS they dont remove dash but I suppose depends on which tool you use. I would think you should be able to connect though.

honingkoning
29th November, 2014, 01:07 AM
Tried to connect to a mini cooper cas today by obd with the dash connected? Is that possible? I got no connection. I wanted to check fast if the cas could be done by obd.

I did a 2013 mini (test) with dash connected.
On BMW i always test with dash connected always worked for me.

Mini always use BMW menu
mini i always get no connection

Wbr Adam.

davecooper47
30th November, 2014, 01:23 AM
2007?? Is it definitely CAS. I know they changed in 2006 but it could have been sitting in showroom. Can it possibly have EWS???

honingkoning
30th November, 2014, 09:11 AM
2007?? Is it definitely CAS. I know they changed in 2006 but it could have been sitting in showroom. Can it possibly have EWS???

I am for sure Peter can see difference in dash, the convirtable are the ones wich you can find with old system.

Wbr Adam.

smartymarti
30th November, 2014, 10:00 AM
Peter it might of had the security update bmw now offer , that stops communication obd , and is available on all bmw mini with key fobs not blades

drpeter
2nd December, 2014, 12:29 PM
Peter it might of had the security update bmw now offer , that stops communication obd , and is available on all bmw mini with key fobs not blades The car is coming tomorrow, the dash has 2 clocks on top of steer see attachment, according the new repsoft manual there is a cas module in the footwell? And the middle console has to be done? Or is this a old model middle console, bcm and ews? Very confusing :-).

smartymarti
2nd December, 2014, 01:50 PM
sounds like bcu rather than cas, cas is inside dash and is roughly 1 hour strip

antibisic
2nd December, 2014, 02:33 PM
The car is coming tomorrow, the dash has 2 clocks on top of steer see attachment, according the new repsoft manual there is a cas module in the footwell? And the middle console has to be done? Or is this a old model middle console, bcm and ews? Very confusing :-).

Acording old manuals it is usa model with ews and bcu and middle console has to be done