PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview A750 The downloading is not requested?

janner66
10th July, 2009, 01:22 PM
Hi
I am using the STB editor to try and flash the Kryptview A750. I have opened the .bin file changed the com port to 3 which is the port assigned to the USB serial adaptor. I press start, turn on the box and after a few seconds I get the message on code send " The downloading is not requested".

The instructions I received with the box tell me to use the remote and press the red button twice and then stanby after pressing start on the downloader. This doesn't work either.

The box shows four green zeros.

Please help. Why do these things always happen to me. I should be at home building furniture. The mrs is not going to be happy. Better give her a ring. lol

wilf
10th July, 2009, 01:29 PM
if you sure you have got a proper null cable and not a serial cable, thats the female to female part of the joined cable you have, or it maybe that you not selected correct com port try again starting at 1 and work your way up 1 at a time till hopefully it works

janner66
10th July, 2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks Wilf. It might well be that I don't have a null cable. The cable my dad has is exactly the same as a null cable but I am not necessarily sure it is called that. I will ask him where he got it from. I just presumed that as long as it fitted, as the connections are the same, then it would be fine.

wilf
10th July, 2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks Wilf. It might well be that I don't have a null cable. The cable my dad has is exactly the same as a null cable but I am not necessarily sure it is called that. I will ask him where he got it from. I just presumed that as long as it fitted, as the connections are the same, then it would be fine.

no mate there are 2 types rs232 null cable and rs232 serial cable look the same but are wired different inside look here

null = reverse or cross wired
Serial Null Modem 9-Pin Female to 9-Pin Female : Null Modem Cables : Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97740)

serial= straight wired
Serial RS232 9-Pin Female to Female : RS232 Serial Cables : Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97736)

stroner
10th July, 2009, 07:51 PM
i would think its your com ports thats the problem,have you used the usb-rs232 converter before?

janner66
11th July, 2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks for your reply Ronster.No its the first time I have installed or used the converter. It seems to be okay though. The USB converter shows in my devices without any warnings and sits on COM3. I have changed the editor to com3 when starting. I will get a null cable and see if that works. Strange thing is that my dad said the cable came with the box, so I would have thought it should be the right cable. Hay Ho

EAMO 2
11th July, 2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks for your reply Ronster.No its the first time I have installed or used the converter. It seems to be okay though. The USB converter shows in my devices without any warnings and sits on COM3. I have changed the editor to com3 when starting. I will get a null cable and see if that works. Strange thing is that my dad said the cable came with the box, so I would have thought it should be the right cable. Hay Ho

If cable came with box it should be 0.k.
When flashing, turn POWER SWITCH off at back of box
On STB set up CODE SEND, load bin file
Click start and then turn POWER SWITCH on

janner66
14th July, 2009, 08:10 PM
I have bought a null modem cable and connected it to the USB adaptor. I have managed to change the COM port to match the STB Editor but still the same message.
"The Downloading is not requested"
The USB cable still shows fine in my devices. We cannot understand why it is not working.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

wilf
14th July, 2009, 09:49 PM
I have bought a null modem cable and connected it to the USB adaptor. I have managed to change the COM port to match the STB Editor but still the same message.
"The Downloading is not requested"
The USB cable still shows fine in my devices. We cannot understand why it is not working.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

i take it you got the correct drivers installed or even better still do you not have a access to a desktop puter somewhere, then you wouldnt have to mess around with the usb adapter or the comports just plug the null cable in and flash.

stroner
14th July, 2009, 11:29 PM
Uninstall your drivers mate and try these Digital Kaos - Downloads - Maplin serial converter (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/pc/9/maplin-serial-conveter-541/) usb-serial adapters can be a right pain in the arse!
Mine is a cheap Korean adapter and the drivers that it came with are useless,never worked once! until i used the above ones and now works perfect:bounce:

janner66
22nd July, 2009, 10:57 AM
Just to give you guys an update. In the end I bought a PC serial card for my dad as the USB adapter just wasn't working. We installed the card and were both very excited, only to get the downloading error again!! arggggh.
We changed the cable to the one that came with the box and tried following the instructions that came with the Kryptview. Have the Kryptview in standby i.e turned on but in standby mode, press start on the downloader tool, and then after a second press red red standby on the remote control. That did the trick and it started flashing. Hooray it worked. Now I imagine we will have a headache tuning in the stations lol. Thanks for everyone's help on this.
In conclusion, if anyone else is having trouble flashing there Kryptview and is getting the downloading not requested message, I would try using a PC serial card and use the red red stanby method. I have read elsewhere that this has worked also.

wilf
22nd July, 2009, 11:05 AM
well done on getting your box to flash, tuning your stations should be a doddle m8 it all automatic then go to sly sports 1 press ok then let it open up that channel. just make sure you select the supplier of cable to your area before it was virgin media. so if it was nthell, telepest or whoever select them

1michael1
30th July, 2009, 07:42 PM
Hi
Having exactly the same problem. I have updated 2 boxes and worked fine but now trying to do a third one and it keeps coming up The downloading is not requested. I tried pressing the red red standby but didn't work. Any ideas please!!!

Nevt
15th August, 2009, 10:55 PM
Hi all.
New to this and also having download not requested. just wondering if USB adaptor is ok. I am using a cheap ebay 9 pin - USB connected to null modem cable that came with STB. could this be the problem.
Thanks

EAMO 2
16th August, 2009, 06:31 AM
[QUOTE=Nevt;255694]Hi all.
New to this and also having download not requested. just wondering if USB adaptor is ok. I am using a cheap ebay 9 pin - USB connected to null modem cable that came with STB. could this be the problem.

Usually leads that come with Kreepvu are fine. More likely com-port
setting is wrong. Check that out first.
Set up loader & correct bin file.
Power-off box, using switch at rear of box.
Hit START, & immediately power-up box:celtictop:

Nevt
17th August, 2009, 12:49 AM
Thanks for that but have done all you said, even reloaded maplin driver from this thread which reassigned a new port and still not working, turned on immediatly, also waited 2 seconds as on other threads, really tried all i could find, have been able to flash old starview before with an old home PC with rs232 port but its scrapped now (unfortunately). could it be the adaptor cable, ordered USB to RS232 over net, Should i have ordered USB to null modem ?? is there a difference in 9 pin adaptor cables ?? thanks

EAMO 2
17th August, 2009, 07:26 AM
Thanks for that but have done all you said, even reloaded maplin driver from this thread which reassigned a new port and still not working, turned on immediatly, also waited 2 seconds as on other threads, really tried all i could find, have been able to flash old starview before with an old home PC with rs232 port but its scrapped now (unfortunately). could it be the adaptor cable, ordered USB to RS232 over net, Should i have ordered USB to null modem ?? is there a difference in 9 pin adaptor cables ?? thanks

The Usb to rs232 is correct cable,as 9pin null-modem is connected to
this & gives crossover needed.
Only working from memory here, It's a while since I flashed a Kreepvu
On loader; Click on CODE SEND
Add bin file (july 09) to loader
Just try this, might work;
Power-up box, Hit START on loader
Power-Off box then Power-On again
If your stuck & can access menu, look for DEFAULT key & click on it.
If You can't find DEF key, find FAC. RESET & click on it.
Now try to flash & double-check COM PORT settings match up.
To check lead try flashing different box with it.
Persevere, You'll do it:celticparty::manuscarf::celticparty:

Nevt
17th August, 2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks Eamo for help. I tried local computer shop and bought a reliable (if there is such a thing) USB - Serial lead and it worked first time. Shouldn't really expect anything that costs less than a fiver to work, I guess.
Scanned but only got a few channels, I'll have to scout around threads for correct freq. or something like that, if not I'll be back on. thanks again :proud:

noelmac
19th August, 2009, 07:53 PM
Hi
I am using the STB editor to try and flash the Kryptview A750. I have opened the .bin file changed the com port to 3 which is the port assigned to the USB serial adaptor. I press start, turn on the box and after a few seconds I get the message on code send " The downloading is not requested".

The instructions I received with the box tell me to use the remote and press the red button twice and then stanby after pressing start on the downloader. This doesn't work either.

The box shows four green zeros.

Please help. Why do these things always happen to me. I should be at home building furniture. The mrs is not going to be happy. Better give her a ring. lol
when you click download switch the box on at same time from the switch at the back of the box this worked for me noelmac

steopower
22nd August, 2009, 07:40 PM
i had the same problems.the second you click start double click red and standby,it worked for me but i had to be quick

janner66
2nd September, 2009, 12:40 PM
Yeah looking back on my problem I had a suspision it might be the way I pressed the red buttons in sequence. If you are still getting the download not requested just perservere and try different combinations on the remote. It sounds like the quicker the better, so I really wanta see those fingers!

mtume
5th September, 2009, 03:18 PM
Finally got my STB to work after getting the "The downloading is not requested"

Any one getting the problem, try

1. Start up STB
2. Press RED, RED
3. Press Standby.

Should work!

1michael1
22nd September, 2009, 08:23 PM
none of above worked for me,sent box back to supplier and they replaced it!

razorsharp
1st May, 2010, 02:37 PM
will try that driver, thanks

nims.topiwala
2nd May, 2010, 08:00 PM
The downloading is not requested

ravanoli
7th January, 2011, 11:41 PM
Having the same problems. I will try new drivers in my adapter,then a new one then a P.C Help

davidbackham
18th May, 2011, 09:13 PM
i am using usb adopter with null cable it says "Download Fail"

bees2000
19th May, 2011, 01:08 PM
re download the software and try again

"download not requested" has a different solution than
"download fail"

you may get better feedback posting a new thread
this one is old

amit chauhan
18th March, 2013, 10:25 PM
can i flash the new firmware of the kryptview A750 with a VGA cable.

cactikid
18th March, 2013, 10:30 PM
no it has to be a null modem cable

amit chauhan
19th March, 2013, 07:14 PM
So you are saying that if i had null modem cable i will be able to put the new firmware on to the Kryptview A750

amit chauhan
19th March, 2013, 07:15 PM
So you are saying that i can upload the new firmware on to the Kryptview A750 with a null modem cable. and if this is the case then can you tell me how to get the latest firmware and where i will need to plug the null modem cable to upload on to the Kryptview.

Thanks

cactikid
19th March, 2013, 09:16 PM
not checked the downloads out?
Digital Kaos - Downloads - NEW KRYPTVIEW 750.. 26022013 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/new-kryptview-750-26022013-2503/)

amit chauhan
19th March, 2013, 10:10 PM
I seen this download link yesterday but what i really would like to know how do i get this on my Kryptview A750

cactikid
19th March, 2013, 10:16 PM
read this.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-firmware-loading-guide-tutorial-42524/

amit chauhan
20th March, 2013, 04:23 PM
What if i had USB To RS232 Serial Cable Com DB 9 Pin Male Lead will this work to put the new firmware on to the Kryptview A750. and also my PC only has one port for null modem cable so how will i be able to see on screen what i am doing if i plug this Kyrptview box in?

cactikid
21st March, 2013, 12:05 AM
you only need your pc connected with the null modem cable to the kv and kv plugged in.look at the video same idea on 750.
Flashing the KV780 - YouTube

amit chauhan
21st March, 2013, 02:51 PM
You are saying to plug the Null Modem Cable from the KV directly in to the back of my tower but the back of my tower port does not have any pins on it so therefore the Null Modem Cable will not slot in.
And is it not necessary to have the VGA cable connected in to the monitor for onscreen display.

Hadron
21st March, 2013, 03:07 PM
What if i had USB To RS232 Serial Cable Com DB 9 Pin Male Lead will this work to put the new firmware on to the Kryptview A750. and also my PC only has one port for null modem cable so how will i be able to see on screen what i am doing if i plug this Kyrptview box in?

You are saying to plug the Null Modem Cable from the KV directly in to the back of my tower but the back of my tower port does not have any pins on it so therefore the Null Modem Cable will not slot in.
And is it not necessary to have the VGA cable connected in to the monitor for onscreen display.

You appear to be getting your VGA connector confused with a RS232 connector. Although the connectors are the same physical size, the RS232 has 9 pins and the VGA has 15 pins.

Can you beg, steal or borrow a pc with an RS232 serial connector on it? If not, you could try a USB to serial adapter, but a lot of posters seem to have problems with them.

amit chauhan
21st March, 2013, 04:32 PM
So if i was to get a USB to Serial adaptor would that then be the only cable i need and wont i then need a null modem cable.

Hadron
22nd March, 2013, 12:14 AM
So if i was to get a USB to Serial adaptor would that then be the only cable i need and wont i then need a null modem cable.

The USB to serial adapter mimics a real RS232 port (male connector). So you will still need a female to female null modem cable.