PDA

View Full Version : problem flash fxp

mini
20th June, 2008, 03:24 AM
it took me 2 days to try and connect to my dbox2, finally I managed to connect for 30secs then the connection went down. Now when i try to ping the box it just says hardware error.........

Please can anyone help....

The problem with the box is I get most channels just not movies and a few others, it just says channel error........:damnmate:

michie
20th June, 2008, 09:39 AM
have you tried a scan first may pick up your lost channels

chris_digital
20th June, 2008, 12:04 PM
Hi Mini,

Seems like you have 2 problems then:
i) Can't access some encrypted channels ii) Can't see the dbox on your network or from the PC.

Ans
i) I can't help you access encrypted channels (it the rules)
ii) Check the network settings on your dbox and PC, connect directly using a cross-over cable from your PC to the dBox. Make sure that your PC is set to the same sub net as the dbox and that the dbox is not a DHCP server.
***This is covered in the help file in the downloads section****
Some of the latest images have the option to FTP using windows turned off (so you can ping but can't see any files) i'd suggest using Smart FTP (its free). If you can get this to work then the next step is to try it over your network and this may involve changing your router settings.

Do a full scan for channels then use bouquet wizard to have a look through. I find some are duplicated and one will work and one won't (one may be the EPG info the other is the channel)

Hope this helps

mini
20th June, 2008, 07:02 PM
I've done a scan but it comes blank, I did manage to connect to dbox using flash fxp for about 30secs then the connection just went down and now when i try to connect i get hardware error.......

<--mini added 134 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...-->

I managed to get in to the box....
I replaced the var/keys folder with the one given to me by devilfish, stilll same channels not working........
what am I doing wrong..................

chris_digital
20th June, 2008, 07:34 PM
I have a few channels on mine say for BBC1, some are blank, some are for different regions and only one is the one I want.
VM do change these around and a lot of changes have happened over the last 12 months. If you have an old services file (containing the channel info) VM may have changed their frequencies or transponder (and a scan may still pick up the empty channel) so have a look through your bouquets and see if you have any channels with a similar name, try them aswell. Or have a look for the services file (for your area) in the downloads section.

mini
20th June, 2008, 09:30 PM
I managed to get it sorted...
In set your location I put the region instead of area and it picked up 27 transponders and 295 channels............
Thanks every1 for your help......:elefant:

plasterer
20th June, 2008, 09:47 PM
Well Done mini
I knew you could do it .....Paul