PDA

View Full Version : eorovox help

challah
20th June, 2008, 04:35 AM
i know nothing about eurobox but a friend is dropping one up to me today to fix and im afraid i will damage his box (i dont know if its a clone) is there a way to ftp the fix
thanks

smirnoff_rules
20th June, 2008, 10:28 AM
there easy m8 . just use a null cable as the dreambox .. clones r ok to

gani12
23rd June, 2008, 01:46 PM
to ftp the fix login to the Dbox2 usually on all images username is root and password is
dbox2 unless it's the commando image then password is commando you need to put
update files in var/keys folder you can just drag and drop the files and overwrite the
existing (you have to connect via the Ethernet port)

EDIT sorry this is fix for dbox not Eurovox I missread your post!!

hope this helps

wholesale
24th June, 2008, 09:54 PM
This is one of the easist and quickest box to setup, takes couple of minuites to load new software then power scan.

This guide is intended for use with the Eurovox but the equipment required is the same for flashing other boxes. The only differences will be with the relevant box firmware and its loader software.

Lets kick off then.

WHAT YOU NEED:

1. Null Modem Cable & Serial to USB Adaptor

The above adaptor assumes that you want to use a laptop to do the job; as most recent laptops do not have a serial port, you must purchase the adaptor.

The Serial to USB adaptor will come with a drivers disk. So install this before we go any further and follow on screen instructions.

Connect the adaptor to the USB port on the laptop. Connect one end of the the Null Modem cable to the Adaptor and the other to the serial port on the Eurovox.

Download the correct version ( box dependant ) of the software from the DOWNLOADS SECTION ( you need 5 posts before accessing this area )

The file will have to be extracted. Use winzip or winrar for this procedure ( Very easy )

Ensure the Box is powered on. You can leave connected to the TV if you choose.

If you have your channels set up in Favourites we will back them up before flashing, although in some instances, the new update will not affect stored channels if your firmware is not too dated.

Anyway, go to the file which you extracted and start the application. ( It will be named UFL_MaxV_Kuro V........ ) Your first action will be to upload channel data. Select a name and a location for the file and save it. It is at this point you will be alerted if the box has connected with the PC. If it has not, do the following:

Go to Desktop / Right click" My Computer" / Select Properties / Hardware / Deivce Mgr / Ports & Com Ports. Now select the next option to appear , in my case it's prolific serial to com port. Now select Port settings / Advanced / Change com port to 1,2,3 or 4 / OK / Exit .

Go back to the loader screen and you should now be able to communicate with the box.

Following channel data backup, you must now download the firmware to the box. Again, it is indicated on the screen and very easy to do. Once initiated, the box will display DNLD message and a progress bar will appear on the laptop screen. Allo to complete fully ! Do not disconnect until UPDATE SUCCESSFUL message appears on the screen. This can, in some cases, be 30seconds after 100% has been reached on the progress bar.

Finally, download your channel data and the operation is complete.

Hope this helps.

challah
27th June, 2008, 07:12 AM
thanks to all for the help

chr15
2nd December, 2008, 08:36 PM
hi, i've tried all of this and my box will not connect to pc, constantly says "waiting for response from reciever". any ideas?