PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to post to get key code - Peugeot?

RMSpug
1st December, 2014, 06:41 PM
Hi, I'm confused (not an unusual problem with me!).

I can see lots of posts asking for help decoding key codes from VIN numbers, and it's obvious I need to supply a data dump of some sort, not just a VIN.

I can't find a guide anywhere on here (I have searched but probably missed it), so can someone please let me know what I need to do?

I have a diagnostic unit (PP2000) on its way so will be able to read data soon.

Car is Peugeot 307 and I want to code a new key immobiliser (virgin chip).

Thanks,
Robin.

totalkey
1st December, 2014, 06:54 PM

I can see lots of posts asking for help decoding key codes from VIN numbers, and it's obvious I need to supply a data dump of some sort, not just a VIN.

I can't find a guide anywhere on here (I have searched but probably missed it), so can someone please let me know what I need to do?

Thanks,
Robin.
For immo login code you need bsi dump or pay to codes dealer by Vin number

RMSpug
1st December, 2014, 07:16 PM
What is a bsi dump - is it something I will be able to read with the PP2000/Lexia diagnostic kit when it arrives?

I'm assuming the immo code is what I need to program a new key?

totalkey
1st December, 2014, 07:46 PM
What is a bsi dump - is it something I will be able to read with the PP2000/Lexia diagnostic kit when it arrives?

I'm assuming the immo code is what I need to program a new key?
This discussion will going to be a big loop and hard work so I can only say to you to start read and search for info.
Good luck

ninja123
1st December, 2014, 07:47 PM
you need to remove bsi, locate eeprom, remove it and read it with a programmer, then post results here.

Some of this bsi you cannot reach eeprom easily, you will need to search on DK for solder points to read.

If all of this is betond you, try 3D group or similar for PIN to VIN service.

ninja

RMSpug
1st December, 2014, 09:27 PM
you need to remove bsi, locate eeprom, remove it and read it with a programmer, then post results here.

Some of this bsi you cannot reach eeprom easily, you will need to search on DK for solder points to read.

If all of this is betond you, try 3D group or similar for PIN to VIN service.

ninja

Ah, so my diagnostic kit won't help me here then.

Thanks for that - I'll have to try elsewhere to see if someone can decode my VIN for the code.

RMSpug
1st December, 2014, 09:29 PM
This discussion will going to be a big loop and hard work so I can only say to you to start read and search for info.
Good luck

But that's the point - I have been reading posts on the forum for hours and not found the info I need to post.
Perhaps an 'Idiots guide' might help newcomers like me?

drakov
1st December, 2014, 09:35 PM
Take logbook and id>goto dealer>pay dealer>get code, cheaper that way than buying programmers ect for what sounds like is a one of job, not knowing what your doing could easily result in yuo visiting dealer and spending a few hundred pounds

lion0304
2nd December, 2014, 07:48 AM

Thanks,
Robin.

In you case, i forget to do by myself. Because:
1/ ?f you want program key or remote, you need tools. Many tools
2/ All car need the Pincode to Unlock the ECU, that way car will accept new keys or remotes.
3/ You need tool to procode the virgin chip, if no precode, your key can't work.
4/ To have Pincode, you can buy online service, Peugeot dealer need pay or by youself (this case we know and members tell you what to do in your case with knowing or not).

So, if you want to learn, you need to read, read and read (i think your hours aren't enough because you don't know what's BSI or immobox......)
If you want just add key or remote for your car, you can pay someone do it ( it's a cheapest way to have new key working for you). In your situation, playing with a car will cost you expensive. That is the fact and reality.
Skill need to learn by months ans years. Not hours.

RMSpug
2nd December, 2014, 01:32 PM
The point is, I have the tools to unlock the ECU to accept new keys (PP2000, Lexia 3 dealer diagnostic kit) and a key with a virgin immobiliser chip just waiting to be programmed.

All I need is the PIN / Key Code decoding from my VIN as I did not get the security card with PIN with the car.

I thought it would be easy to get the PIN - someone on the Peugeot forum advised me to ask on here saying someone would probably be able to decode it for me.

I'm not interested in remapping the ECU or anything like that - just adding a virgin key to my car.

When I said I had been reading the posts for hours, it is not so that I can learn everything, I was just trying to find out what info I needed to post so someone could decode my VIN.

I will leave the more complicated tasks to those of you who have been doing it for years and who already have the skills :)

PremierD
2nd December, 2014, 02:08 PM
Read the BSI ... or go to the stealer mate .. that's your options .......end of story ... closed :)