PDA

View Full Version : people who actually updated with 3.3 on a pal Wii..please answer our questions??

bmansweden
20th June, 2008, 11:10 PM
Ok so we are all tired of the speculations of the new update for wii called 3.3 so all you people who has updated your pal wii, please answer this:

? Will it still play games that have been PPf-patched, Trucha-signed and/or scrubbed after the update?

? Can you do a new install of homebrews and so on after the update?

? Does games that are region changed or region-free still work?
(like ntsc-pal or ntsc-no region at all)

We all want to know the answers to this questions and everybody says different...

Please dont answer in this topic if your not tried it yourself and are 100% sure.....

Best Regards
//B

bmansweden
21st June, 2008, 02:39 PM
Ok, i got it confirmed now from friends and people online that has updated their Wii with 3.3..

NINTENDO HATE US GAMERS:

The new update makes 90% of the burned games useless, you cant play
homebrews, games that been ppf-patched and/or modified (like usa-pal-patched and so on)
Smg works for some, Mk works for like 10% of the people...

thanx nintendo...you really take care of us gamers...

bmansweden
22nd June, 2008, 03:06 PM
Heres a new hack so you can play "illigal" hombrews on update 3.3
Twilight Hack v0.1beta1 (http://hackmii.com/2008/06/twilight-hack-v01beta1/#comment-1686)

wiiman
22nd June, 2008, 03:23 PM
Ok, i got it confirmed now from friends and people online that has updated their Wii with 3.3..

NINTENDO HATE US GAMERS:

The new update makes 90% of the burned games useless, you cant play
homebrews, games that been ppf-patched and/or modified (like usa-pal-patched and so on)
Smg works for some, Mk works for like 10% of the people...

This is rubbish mate, it doesn't render 90% of games useless, only games that have been altered, and resigned with the trucha hack, so as long as you haven't modified the image with a generic patcher or altered something with trucha signer then you will be just fine. Brickblocked, wiiscrubbed and region frii'd games still work just fine.

As long as the homebrew channel was installed before updating then you can still boot any homebrew after the update and as you say now there is a new version of the twilight hack that works with the latest update.

SMG an MK will work just fine as long as they haven't been patched.

C64
22nd June, 2008, 03:33 PM

You're supposed to PAY for your games, no need to thank Nintendo.

bmansweden
23rd June, 2008, 12:23 AM
This is rubbish mate, it doesn't render 90% of games useless, only games that have been altered, and resigned with the trucha hack, so as long as you haven't modified the image with a generic patcher or altered something with trucha signer then you will be just fine. Brickblocked, wiiscrubbed and region frii'd games still work just fine.

As long as the homebrew channel was installed before updating then you can still boot any homebrew after the update and as you say now there is a new version of the twilight hack that works with the latest update.

Ok, thanx, i was afraid a for a while there, hm but i guess ill have to find a new MK that works without the ppf-patch on my wii then, and a pure pal No More Heroes then, but that got no blood and violence in it :(

<--bmansweden added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...-->

You're supposed to PAY for your games, no need to thank Nintendo.

Aha...ok...then i get it...

bmansweden
25th June, 2008, 07:21 PM

Yep but i downloaded all the shitty games in scrubbed versions and MK doesnt work for me without the ppf-patch and No More Heroes is modified so that i can see the gore from the US version so...all my favourite game accept the shitty ones wont work...thats what i meant...

wiiman
25th June, 2008, 08:43 PM
Yep but i downloaded all the shitty games in scrubbed versions and MK doesnt work for me without the ppf-patch and No More Heroes is modified so that i can see the gore from the US version so...all my favourite game accept the shitty ones wont work...thats what i meant...

yes but being scrubbed makes no difference, its the ppf patch and the modifying that will stop them from working, best answer maybe update your chip.

Migz
29th June, 2008, 10:41 AM
Wiiman is there a new update for the argons mate

wiiman
29th June, 2008, 10:23 PM
Wiiman is there a new update for the argons mate

What firmware do you have on yours mate?