PDA

View Full Version : Subaru SRS error codes, pleaase help to define them

colouny
9th December, 2014, 07:49 PM
Hi all
Got accros a 2013 Subaru outback today, read codes without any description. Maybe by any chance some one could translate them to the human languange?
Thank you very much in advance.

Here they are. :
B19F1
B19F5

FxShaw
9th December, 2014, 08:57 PM
What scanner you use to scan this sucker?

colouny
9th December, 2014, 09:10 PM
It was autel maxidas i think, launch 431 for ipad didnt even connect to the srs unit.

Could this be crash data? This car had an accident where drivers airbag was deployed.

Maybe its pretesioners? Didnt test them yet, but if remove drivers airbag which is 100% ok i get 2 more errors since it is dual stage.

FxShaw
9th December, 2014, 09:27 PM
Take out the module and clear it and then put it back.

colouny
9th December, 2014, 09:34 PM
Are you sure?

It has Renesas cpu, its costly here to clear them, personally i dont have a programmer to do it. If i had a programmer it would be doffetert topic then.

Any way ad a last resort i will do it just dint want to stmble upon the same errors after paying for crash clear.

credoline
9th December, 2014, 11:01 PM
Usually when crash data is recorded in airbag unit, you can not make new DTCs and you can not erase DTCs.

colouny
9th December, 2014, 11:12 PM
Must agree, have experianced many times this.
So first will check pretensionesrs tomorow, will let ya know how it is.
Thanks

colouny
10th December, 2014, 10:14 PM
Have checked the pretensioners, they are ok, i mean they are installed, have resistance and f disconnected trip a different code.
I have found out that subaru cars create crash data in two places, one i SRS module, other in seat module. Well i have found that seat module is ok.
I have also confirmed that crash data is not reflected in any way or form of error codes by this module.

So there should be a definition of these error codes.

Maybe someone could confirm or recommend any kind of diagnostic equipment for 2010-2014 Subaru? I mean the one that is working with them as it should.
I am still looking for definition of these codes.

credoline
10th December, 2014, 11:18 PM
AVDI with passthru drivers can work with Subaru Select Monitor III OEM software. Which you can download from interent and install it in one hour.

colouny
11th December, 2014, 01:56 PM
Culd you recommend me a source of good quality chinese ?

credoline
11th December, 2014, 02:12 PM
AVDI chinesse ? I do not know, i think every of them work, but chinesse do not sale AVDI only, without special software. I have original AVDI only interface with drivers and universal diagnostic software (which i use very rare), not any special software i have buyed. But i have install many OEM softwares and use AVDI with them, like Honda HDS, Kia GDS, Hyundai GDS, Opel TECHII, Volvo VIDA, VAS PC and ... Some of them have full functions like OEM diagnostic some of them work partly (like JaguarLandRover only CAN vehicle). But in China is now very cheap AVDI copy with full software.

colouny
23rd December, 2014, 05:31 PM
AVDI with passthru drivers can work with Subaru Select Monitor III OEM software. Which you can download from interent and install it in one hour.

Thanks mate for advise, spent big $ for genuine AVDI interface. Sorted theese errors in 10 minutes. This car apparently has doouble pretensioner system. One is on actual seatbelt mechanism, 2nd one is on the other end of seat belt. Same error numbers were reported bus SSM III.

Any way if anyone needs In the future:

B19F1 - LH lower seatbelt pretensioner
B19F5 - RH lower seatbelt pretensioner

credoline
23rd December, 2014, 09:03 PM
I am glad that you sorted out.