PDA

View Full Version : vw units swapping usig VCDs

art64
11th December, 2014, 10:49 AM
Hello,DK members
Do anybody can confirm until which year edition of the cars
VCDS is able to swap engine and immo units,adapt
a new keys? I cleary know that it's impossible in
4th generation of immo.But,does it's possible on 3th generation?
What differences between
original and clone tools in this procedures?
Thank you

sherl645
11th December, 2014, 10:36 PM
Cant be answered that simply.
What exactly are you trying to do?

teuton
11th December, 2014, 10:56 PM
Hello,DK members
Do anybody can confirm until which year edition of the cars
VCDS is able to swap engine and immo units,adapt
a new keys? I cleary know that it's impossible in
4th generation of immo.But,does it's possible on 3th generation?
What differences between
original and clone tools in this procedures?
Thank you

1- If you got an IMMO IV (challenge) that is pre-micronas you can swap these units.That would be early 2006 (06/2006). Anyhow, you'll needthe pincodes of both, old and new.
On micronas units you'll be dealing with CS and that's a different story....

2- If your clone cable works then there si no difference in the procedure.

BR

art64
11th December, 2014, 11:37 PM
Cant be answered that simply.
What exactly are you trying to do?
Thank you for reply
It's interesting me at all. In past i was trying to swap the engine's ECU and dash,also removing old keys from the dash in immo 4.(5 digits pin in all cases i knew) Without success . It wasn't surprise for me because I heard VCDS not doing this. But yesterday I didn't swap immo3,so it looks strange for me.
Teuton, I misunderstood which device you using then dealing with CS in micronas cases?

teuton
12th December, 2014, 01:01 AM
Here are the ross-tech links that might help you:

Immobilizer IV ECU Swapping - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_IV_ECU_Swapping)

Immobilizer - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer)

The CS data you will need when making a key. The easiest (not cheapest) way is the AVDI. Another possibility is reading the dash with x.prog or km+immo tool and then prepare the transponder with tango.

BR.

art64
14th December, 2014, 08:26 AM
In past i was trying to swap the engine's ECU and dash,also removing old keys from the dash in immo 4.(5 digits pin in all cases i knew) Without success . It wasn't surprise for me because I heard VCDS not doing this. But yesterday I didn't swap immo3,so it looks strange for me.

Yesterday I did return to this work (swapping ECU and dash in immo 3 system) And did it from the first attempt. So ,now I know: my chinese cable 12.10 is bad in this procedure. yesterday, I took old a little bit damaged cable 8.14 and did it simply. The old true - The cheap thing can't be good :) And what about the original cable? Until which year edition of the cars the original cable can swap units,adapt the keys?