PDA

View Full Version : Pes2010 or Fifa10?

beatstreet
11th July, 2009, 04:12 PM
I`ve always been a pro evo head and have never bought a fifa game but i found last yrs pes was`nt the best in gameplay terms. Kinda felt unfinished to me. Anyways i keep reading that fifa is beginning to better pes for the last couple yrs so whats everyones taste when it comes to these footy titles that are almost upon us again?
My only gripe with this yrs pes is that there wont be no Toon Army. No good if ya a welsh magpie:(

Raven
16th July, 2009, 10:46 PM
I like both games, but in my honest opinion I'm still a PES person and I still think PES plays a better game of football for 3 main reasons - control, response, fun.

Seems from the preview builds that the various game journalists have playtested reveals that PES (aswell as fifa to be fair) is well on track this year to be a very good game indeed. And the online should be good this year too, due to Konami ID signup no longer needed aswell as the games being hosted on Sony and Microsoft servers ontop of using PES6 online code.

Then there's the totally new additions to Pro Evo games this year starting with a penalty system ripped straight from Fifa (thank god!) then there's the strategic team slider system which is alot like Fifa's team tactics system for team style of play and aggression levels, speed of passing play etc, also there's the tactical player card system which replaces individual player skill stars like "post position player" for example, except with these cards you can switch them on and off at will - initially on first read this sounds bad or nonsensical at best I know, but digging a little deeper this takes some explaining...basically these cards make the AI player or players in question on your team move specifically and strictly how you told them to in relation to which card you switched on or off for that player (for example "long passer" card switched on for a certain player means that specific player on your team when off the ball and under AI control will constantly and actively look for space off the ball in which to have enough time and space to whip in an early cross if the ball is played to him - it does NOT mean that his passing or crossing stats increase, just that with this card switched on the AI of that particular player will constantly and strictly look for open space off the ball with which to cross the ball early, regardless of wether it's obviously advantageous to the team or obviously detrimental to the team or not - this is why the cards are toggled at will - so in the example just given this card is a must switch on for David Beckham then when playing wide right for example, however on the flipside under the same circumstance it's not such an effective a card to switch on for a winger with pace to burn but average passing skills - a better card to switch on for a tricky winger or wide striker like Henry or Messi would be the "Cut Inside" card where the player makes dashing runs from out wide into the penalty area - much like Henry and Messi do in real life....and this shows a good example of where the strategy lays in this system). Apparently this team play slider and individual player card system actually works and is effective even now at this early stage with the game only being half done. Another example of the card system and why they are toggled on and off is that say Mascherano plays in holding midfield role and has the "box to box" card and you switch that on with Liverpool playing a defensive style, then Mascherano will be constantly out of position and to detrimental effect of the team and game - this is how strict the system is apparently. Another point of note is that apparently when you pick the ball up with a player on the wing with a player who has a good cross on him (David Beckham for example) players will flood the penalty area in anticipation of his killer cross!

Looks like Pro Evo is shaping up to score this year - Here's to hoping the game comes together as well as it sounds like it is!

The game looks stunning and awesome from the screenshots too - Torres looks real lol. Unfortunately it's still got Mark Lawrenson on comms though! :(

beatstreet
18th July, 2009, 03:12 AM
Last 2 yrs runnin the games have been not up to pes standard in gameplay terms, physics just didnt feel right, although the legend mode where you play as a single player in an ai team was an added bonus even though was really difficult to get used to with the camera angles they used.
Sounds like there going to make the best pes yet after checkin out the hands on review, does look good.
I dont really go into the tactical side of things me, except for setting the formation, pickin a captain then off i go. No doubt we`ll have to have a game online when its released.

asuk
21st July, 2009, 12:21 PM
pro evo was king for years untill fifa 09. i am hoping both games improve. fifa still needs better responce and things. pro evo needs a lot of changes but im confident konami can get it right. for me on line play is most important.