PDA

View Full Version : 2004 megane (shake ur arse megane) washer pump issue

StevenTS
14th December, 2014, 12:01 PM
Hi guys, I'm new on here just hoping someone could help with this megane, the washer pump doesn't work for MOT, I've checked the motor and the wiring, the motor is working and there are no breaks in the wires I have a constant earth on both wires if I put power down the wires the motor won't work, but it will if I put power direct at the motor, I've tried looking for fuses but there aren't any, wiring diagrams showing it comes straight from a control module, has anyone had this trouble before and how did you get around it? Thanks

cactikid
14th December, 2014, 12:15 PM
burning of car fixes many problems on these sh1te buckets,hmm did you get a diagnostic scan done not sure if washer pump or units log a fault,there has to be a fusebox even listed in the handbook of car,did it freeze solid?are fuses in glovebox through flap? sometimes a manual push button with a live fused feed down to pump would get pump working again.

autoden
14th December, 2014, 12:30 PM
I have had a problem with the SIM on these, especially when someone with a powerprobe spiked it trying to put power to the washers! Take a look at the SIM and test the wires once it is disconnected.
autoden

StevenTS
14th December, 2014, 06:56 PM
I don't know when it stopped workin or under what conditions but no fuses show up in the handbook or on any programs, like I said the wiring diagrams Show it's straight from a module, I'll have another go see what I find, no faults show with this fault, thanks

racin-snake
16th December, 2014, 01:09 AM
Try a battery disconnect procedure see if it resets