PDA

View Full Version : 300 mile ww polo clutch issues

cactikid
15th December, 2014, 12:50 AM
:rofl:while back we did a clutch replacement and replaced clutch kit with oe stuff and it failed,car towed in no mad smell of burning clutch and clutch disintergrated,flywheel perfect no blue burn marks as you would expect,but plastic centre of disc melted a coating over flywheel like hard plastic had to scrape off and emery surface .
sent clutch back for warranty + fitting so waiting,bloody hell its gone again:rofl::guns::guns:awaiting to get car in again think only 200 miles done,think second clutch was luk,cant remember if cable or hydraulic,but remembered when i pushed on clutch lever it moved too easily with hand .
have had other customers with heavy foot and blue flywheels,but he swears he does not and i believe him because lack of burnt smell and no flywheel going blue.
anybody have any ideas or ghosts to fix problem:biggrin:

forgot to mention old lupo 8v and maybe 1.0 or 1.4.

thought it was a polo but its a lupo lol

alessioblaupunkt
18th December, 2014, 10:34 PM
Hey kid 3 yrs ago I replaced the cluck kit on my father's car Golf III 1992 same engine
1.4 8v so I think it's nearly the same clutch.
Mine was Valeo with 3 springs, new not VW but still Valeo 4 springs.
The old dude that help me fitting the gearbox back in the engine failed to center the release bearing and the clutch pedal was all the way down.

I taught to the old dude "that's not normal"
He said lemme start the engine.
He started and there was rattling noise coming from the gearbox
I immediately shout STOP IT! STOP IT NOW! THAT'S NOT NORMAL!!!
He ignored me and he rev up the engine.
I shout the same then I took the key off so I saved the whole thing.
He's so stupid :damnmate: he didn't study but he fixed cars for 35 years and still fail
recognizing problem within nanoseconds.
The day after found there was the release bearing out of the arm and lucky me it wasn't
damaged.
We put it back together and it's working fine except when you push the pedal
there's a squeak squeak noise nearly like the old release bearing.

Previous clutch did 200000 km and there was still friction material on clutch :)
but there was a missing retaining spring for the release bearing.:(

Meat-Head
19th December, 2014, 07:18 PM
ON TOPIC:-

Does it have a towbars?

Are the breaks binding?

Is the customer fat?

Does customer live top of a big hill?

Do you hear the sounds of horses at night?

Ever wounder what is chasing them?

simaservis1108
19th December, 2014, 07:23 PM
I heard it happens,especially because my country gets third grade parts,in other words garbage parts.

cactikid
20th December, 2014, 11:26 AM
update checked mileage of last clutch fitted 75 miles lol whipped gearbox out he overheated the clutch to some temp to put cracks into flywheel and lovely rainbow colours to show,obvious he rests his gimpy leg on clutch pedal and as its light may not know he is doing it,previous clutch showed no signs or smell so i said possible faulty as no sign of driver error,fywheel off into shop for a skim and luckily got customer in to show what he did and told him it would not be covered caused by driver error and evidence as shown,he is off to the small claims court,did not have the heart to say you dont have a leg to stand on lol.

Does it have a towbars?.............no

Are the breaks binding?................. all removed lol

Is the customer fat?...................yes elderly

Does customer live top of a big hill?..............possibly as could not get it up when it happened.

Do you hear the sounds of horses at night?.......yes,and foxes,cats and other critters above my bed lol

Ever wounder what is chasing them?........not me hiding under bed clothes

checked with vw and they supply luk or sachs depending whats in box. and mine was luk lol.

Meat-Head
20th December, 2014, 12:23 PM
Bit late now, diagnostic scan see if shows clutch switch, might not have it.

cactikid
20th December, 2014, 06:04 PM
its an old 8v 1.0mpi lupo with adjustable clutch cable 2001 year,doubt if it new what a switch was lol

Meat-Head
20th December, 2014, 07:11 PM
Afterthought :-

theres a a rumor going around says vw gulf mk1 clutch works backwards, adjust it wrong burns out.

so ask Adolf at VW for advise. Worth tweeting for a photo of mk1 gulf see if same photo

cactikid
20th December, 2014, 10:00 PM
used google image ,no its a standard 3 piece kit used with a flywheel bolted to crankshaft.

Meat-Head
21st December, 2014, 12:05 AM
Differant to MK 1/2 gulf? Sorry iShit flat looking at p0rn

cactikid
21st December, 2014, 12:55 AM
when we order parts we give details of car and reg and that comes up with live data on their system so they know what cc and engine code is used.

alessioblaupunkt
21st December, 2014, 09:17 PM
190mm clutch same as mine, I told you.

Clutch switch is on diesel and it's there only to tell the ecu to reduce
injection quantity briefly to prevent engine shudder when shifting gear.

Can't remember if those petrol engine got the switch but VW documentation
tell nothing.
----------------------------
So owner burn the clutch http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=291842&stc=1
RIP clutch ~250000km in smoke in a few miles/km

cactikid
21st December, 2014, 09:21 PM
ha ha undercover image lol