PDA

View Full Version : Odometer correction audi a4 2.0tfsi 2007 (rb8?)

onion
16th December, 2014, 12:08 AM
hello,

Can somemeone tell me which affordable software can do odometer correction on an Audi a4 2007rb8 dash?

Digiprog3 for example (clone)?

koyot
16th December, 2014, 12:10 AM
seeing is believing

Meat-Head
16th December, 2014, 12:15 AM
Hi there welcome to DK, the worlds best website. I suggest you pay somebody profess**** to IN-correct that car.

To put it in context, ill be holding up a Brinks℠ lorry later, you want to join me?

onion
16th December, 2014, 10:57 AM
Ofcourse it is better to get it done by a professional, however these people are hard to find because it is illegal..😉

Official equipment is expensive and I don't have the intention to earn money with it. Just personal use...

kumistheru
16th December, 2014, 11:06 AM
Carprog clone will do that. However, I always read the eeprom and back it up before attempting to change using any tool. Simple mistake could be a DEF error on display and need expensive tool to get that fixed. If u backed up original eeprom data and when if things go wrong, you have an option to restore the dash to its former glory.

88diablo
16th December, 2014, 11:24 AM
Ofcourse it is better to get it done by a professional, however these people are hard to find because it is illegal..

Official equipment is expensive and I don't have the intention to earn money with it. Just personal use...

When you find "profesional" person dont be shocked when they only plug diggy into your car anyway........... For your own fun buy one and crack on.

onion
16th December, 2014, 12:40 PM
Carprog clone will do that. However, I always read the eeprom and back it up before attempting to change using any tool. Simple mistake could be a DEF error on display and need expensive tool to get that fixed. If u backed up original eeprom data and when if things go wrong, you have an option to restore the dash to its former glory.

Something like this?

Newest Version CARPROG Full V7.28 (http://www.obd365.com/wholesale/carprog-full.html)

edit: It says it can't do odometer correction.

kumistheru
17th December, 2014, 12:50 AM
Carprog full clone can program mileage for some cars. AUDI RB8 is one of them that can do via OBD. You can even read full eeprom contents via OBD to make a backup and no need to open dash for it.
I don't know the website you quoted and says why it can't.
You can check it from. www.aliexpress.com and search for Carprog.

If u need operational instructions, I can provide you later. This car should be done safely as the eeprom data is encrypted. If you don't know what you are doing, you will end up getting DEF in cluster.

Good luck

kumistheru
17th December, 2014, 01:11 AM
Digiprog can program this car too. However, you can't backup eeprom contents via OBD using Digiprog. If u intend to do it via Digiprog, open the dash and get backup of the eeprom contents using any eeprom programmer or use Digiprog itself to read eeprom contents and then use Digiprog to do the job via OBD. In case if something goes wrong, you have an eeprom contents to restore to its former state.

onion
17th December, 2014, 10:14 AM
Digiprog can program this car too. However, you can't backup eeprom contents via OBD using Digiprog. If u intend to do it via Digiprog, open the dash and get backup of the eeprom contents using any eeprom programmer or use Digiprog itself to read eeprom contents and then use Digiprog to do the job via OBD. In case if something goes wrong, you have an eeprom contents to restore to its former state.

Well, I'm not that technical with Dashboards to open it up....Maybe Carprog will be a better option then....I will look for a full version. Thanks for the help!

onion
17th December, 2014, 10:24 AM
Well, I have looked on Aliexpres and they all say Carprog isn't good for odometer correction but for Airbag resetting. They say I should use Digiprog 3....But I should just ignore that and order for example Carprog Full v 6.8?

tunertool
17th December, 2014, 11:50 AM
Both carprog and digiprog can both bring DEF error on these dashboards, you need ENIGMA OR DIAGPROG3

lupu_sandu
17th December, 2014, 11:06 PM
AVDI, deja-vu, and other tools can make this car.

kumistheru
18th December, 2014, 01:38 AM
Well, I have looked on Aliexpres and they all say Carprog isn't good for odometer correction but for Airbag resetting. They say I should use Digiprog 3....But I should just ignore that and order for example Carprog Full v 6.8?
It's all comes to your specific needs. You want cheep but effective programmer for your car. Digiprog is a good tool overall. Carprog is ok for your need as it can safely backup the eeprom via OBD and program this cluster successfully. For me it is a zero failure. Do research before you attempt to do anything. If u are not comfortable or not willing to take risks, don't do it and let someone has knowledge and experience to do it. I only use Digiprog, Carprog or any other specific tool that designed for mileage change is for cars that actually hard to program via cluster eeprom chips or eeprom part of MCU's. All other times that I do is just read eeprom on cluster and change manually using acquired knowledge. All available programmers have their own strengths and weaknesses. One tool does not work on all cars that is existed to date.

onion
18th December, 2014, 10:56 PM
@kumistheru. I tried to pm you but your inbox is full. Please send me a pm when your inbox has space. Thanks!

autofan1965
18th December, 2014, 11:21 PM
When you need cheap solution use old magicdashcan with bosch license.

onion
20th December, 2014, 08:43 PM
Just ordered Carprog Full v7.2 clone from ZLStech. Hopefully this will enable me to safely backup the Eeprom and change the odometer mileage...Will see in a few weeks...

onion
7th January, 2015, 03:41 PM
Received Carprog today. Made backup of the Eeprom (several times).

Changed odometer and it worked. Thanks to kumistheru!

kumistheru
8th January, 2015, 12:39 AM
Received Carprog today. Made backup of the Eeprom (several times).

Changed odometer and it worked. Thanks to kumistheru!

Good to know that it worked for you. Your problem is solved with cheap carprog without expensive equipment as I have done many of them without zero "DEF".

Repinator
8th January, 2015, 10:23 AM
VAG DASH CAN V5.29 (http://www.ecutool.com/VAG-DASH-CAN-V529_10621.html)

atmpitbull
20th May, 2021, 01:39 PM
I have clone iprog+ and version v85 how odometer change with this soft and hardware? i have a4 b7 2005y and color FIS