PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes Sprinter W906 ESL Replacement ( NEC to Motorola)

ascotauto
16th December, 2014, 02:14 PM
Hi all

I need some help on a job i am baffled by please. I have a sprinter with esl with nec inside. I have replaced with a virgin motorola base but it still doesnt give drive authorisation. Is there anyone that could give a few pointers around this? Can i use a esl 4 pin with motorola based processor in place or to replace nec?

I have posted pics of my error codes. It allows me to detach transport mode, personalise and activate esl but i do not get drive authorisation between esl and ezs. Is this due to difference in processors? Also what puzzles me is that the system shows transport mode detached on start up or checking status yet i havent done nothing.

Can anyone shed some light please?

ascotauto
16th December, 2014, 02:24 PM
my question really is can this esl be substituted with that of another 4 pin esl with motorola processor. Your comments are most gracefull thank you in advance.

smayer
16th December, 2014, 10:30 PM
my question really is can this esl be substituted with that of another 4 pin esl with motorola processor. Your comments are most gracefull thank you in advance.

No, you can?t replace nec with motorola. But have another easy solution, check PM.

ascotauto
23rd December, 2014, 10:53 AM
Ok to close thread a a big thank you to Vanos Batam who managed to make a solution for me. I am ever gratefull for his help what a outstanding character he is. I call him the boss for what seemed impossible made possible thank you Vanos...

cartronic
28th December, 2014, 06:31 PM
solwed?

try with dev mode in star

br

cartronic

aslamaslam
28th December, 2014, 07:05 PM
For sure NO
but you can resolder the original nec to other esl

khalilo_de
3rd May, 2015, 02:12 AM
I am in the same situation ori nec esl dead i tried to swap nec mcu from orig damaged esl to used woking one not work because nec mcu is damaged i tried with virgin motorola esl from older mb version and changed coding in esl from alt to neu wih dev mode via mb star diag i get ignition on but starter is disabled and start authorisation is not permited
Any one can give a good solution pleaz
Regards

mercis
3rd May, 2015, 04:24 AM
use emulator,cheapest solution
http://deltatronic.pl/product_info.php/mercedes-esl-emulator-p-57