PDA

View Full Version : KTAG clones most problem: boot mode Tricore CAN not works - repair solution here

Zohar
16th December, 2014, 11:10 PM
Hello all DK memebers!

This solution for ALL DK members - if your KTAG clone not work via CAN in boot mode Tricore, may be problem (it is most defect in last party of chinese clones) in CAN low (pin 6) output from CAN transiever VP251 (marked as U6 in most clones of ktag) to pin CAN Low of DB25 connector. I think, this is chineses mistake in secondary layer of PCB (first clones was without this problem). Firstly, check wiring with multimeter (ic U6 soic8 VP251: 6 PIN - Can Low, 7 PIN - CAN Hi) between outputs of can low of a VP251 and the DB25 connector - shall be closed normaly. If this circuit is opened - just solder wire to pin 6 from CAN transiever to marked point CAN Low of DB25 connector as on attached picture and CAN will work without problems!

P.S. For an insurance card SD contents also in the attachment

BR

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=291111&stc=1

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=291113&stc=1

pinotec
21st December, 2014, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the fix I've tested my ktag pin 6 and 7 of the vp251 with port 15pin outputs wires white(pin7) and green(pin15), in both I have continuity and correct?

pin 6 vp251 u8 -> wire green = 0 ohm
pin 6 vp251 u8 -> wire white = 0 ohm
pin 7 vp251 u8 -> wire green = 0 ohm
pin 7 vp251 u8 -> wire white = 0 ohm

pin 6 vp251 u6 -> wire green = 60 ohm
pin 6 vp251 u6 -> wire white = 60 ohm
pin 7 vp251 u6 -> wire green = 60 ohm
pin 7 vp251 u6 -> wire white = 60 ohm

this test is correct ?

ominimicu
22nd December, 2014, 04:12 PM
I once tried to read kai edc17 and no read check out the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxzqhgvEhkE
Hope this fixes it.
i did as u mentioned, is this correct? i had no continuity.
Also i noticed my ktag has a extra component here in the photo. check it out!
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=291953&stc=1

imcumen
22nd December, 2014, 07:36 PM
I have the same problem but I have not tested
this is my seller told me tested components in the picture
try and report

Regards

ominimicu
22nd December, 2014, 10:05 PM
Also i ahve 4 leds on mine!

Zohar
23rd December, 2014, 06:56 PM
Hello ominimicu (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/133668-ominimicu/).

I saw your video and i think, problem in power output to ECU (you can check output power with ampermeter) or in CAN bus (may be transiever VP251 is damaged). Firstly check power output to ECU from device and CAN (with osciloscope) - if communication is ok, may be content of SD card is damaged (try to format SD card to FAT32 and just copy my files from archive).

between PIN6 (Can Low- Green Wire) and PIN7 (Can Hi - White wire) must be resistance 120 ohm.

BR

ominimicu
23rd December, 2014, 07:31 PM
my ktag works on BDM perfectly. but hat kia ecu..no idea why it did not work..

Zohar
23rd December, 2014, 07:39 PM
100 percent problem in communicatons (if other parts of hardware is OK)
try to check output power and CAN, like i said before
BR

imcumen
25th December, 2014, 10:44 PM
100 percent problem in communicatons (if other parts of hardware is OK)
try to check output power and CAN, like i said before
BR
For ZOHAR
on your Ktag you lack a resistor R154
and my Ktag lacks the resistor R136
maybe the problem is with these resistors
Regards

veloseeped
27th December, 2014, 05:44 PM
This solution for ALL DK members - if your KTAG clone not work via CAN in boot mode Tricore, may be problem...

Sorry, but it's a BAD and fully INCORRECT solution!!!
With this wire you shorted CAN-L and RESET OUTPUT lines and this will affect operating on sоme other ECUs using K-line boot mode.
The problem reason isn't device board - the problem is ... in cable soldered by some daltonian chinese!!!
For repair just open 15-pin DB connector and swap places of wire pairs:
green and brown
yellow and purple
That's all!
No need to touch PCB
Enjoy!

imcumen
27th December, 2014, 11:32 PM
Sorry, but it's a BAD and fully INCORRECT solution!!!
With this wire you shorted CAN-L and RESET OUTPUT lines and this will affect operating on sоme other ECUs using K-line boot mode.
The problem reason isn't device board - the problem is ... in cable soldered by some daltonian chinese!!!
For repair just open 15-pin DB connector and swap places of wire pairs:
green and brown
yellow and purple
That's all!
No need to touch PCB
Enjoy!

My Ktag BDM does not work

you have the solution to fix the problem BDM

Regards

imcumen
28th December, 2014, 04:01 PM
here pinout connection DB15 Galletto,Kess v2,ktag

veloseeped
28th December, 2014, 10:57 PM
here pinout connection DB15 Galletto,Kess v2,ktag

Here is my Christmas gift fo DK people
If you have problems with ktag it's highly recommended to check your cable.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=292624&stc=1

ominimicu
29th December, 2014, 12:08 PM
Just checked out:(UPDATED)
1.galletto ok
2. My Ktag cable is perfect too ( i still could not read a edc17 of new kia sportage)
3. my Kess v2 edc17 module db15 cable has green and brown yellow and purple inverted....
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=292771&stc=1
this could do some serious damage, can anyone confirm i should swap these cables?
4. I have confirmed that both ORIGINAL kess and tricore cables are identical to each other !

Much appreciated!!
PS. since my Ktag cable is fine, should i remove the cable bridge i did on previous fix?
PS2 could the OBD cable on kess be having a bad config too?
UPDATE 2- i checked the obd2 cable to the db25 connector of kess. and compared with the ktag cable..k line and can lines were ok., with the kess tricore cable it had diferences
So i m closer now to saying that the kess china tricore cable is crap...not good!

hcsaibot
8th September, 2015, 09:05 PM
I have the same error with my kess tricore cable, have you changed the wiring and tried it again?

pulsar2000
8th September, 2015, 09:24 PM
So glad i got mine early on, and can say never ever had any issues, if its on list it will read and write,

atomiczen
8th September, 2015, 10:10 PM
Also i ahve 4 leds on mine!
four led have also a resistor in a wrong place near the boot cable connector.

philipcoin
8th September, 2015, 11:30 PM
hello
my ktag cannot connect to usb
drivers install
was using to read ecu and got broken can not connect to ktag
any help.

thank you

ominimicu
9th September, 2015, 10:31 AM
replace the UL46 clsoe to the USB ( position marked as U22) with any other on the board.

javyb
16th October, 2015, 08:05 AM
Does anyone know exact part number for the small abd large capacitors that are needed for ktag

Thanks

teerak2uk
16th October, 2015, 08:06 AM
Does anyone know exact part number for the small abd large capacitors that are needed for ktag

Thanks
Told you already Freddie

javyb
16th October, 2015, 08:10 AM
Told you already Freddie
I'm sure they should be 16v

teerak2uk
16th October, 2015, 08:18 AM
Yes 16v

http://uk.mouser.com/Search/m_ProductDetail.aspx?AVX%2fTAJC106K016RNJ%2f&qs=ZjRtS80k2UPxdN5lyYHtCw%3d%3d

teerak2uk
16th October, 2015, 08:31 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/40rurxh5uyw2ydx/Tantalum%20cap%20info.pdf?dl=0

philipcoin
16th October, 2015, 09:25 AM
thank you mate
usb is now recognize.

thank you.

replace the UL46 clsoe to the USB ( position marked as U22) with any other on the board.

CustomCars
16th October, 2015, 10:30 AM
UL46 is a ESD protector, you will have some overvoltage before.

xsashox
1st February, 2023, 12:27 AM
Hey guys... HJaving some of the same issues here.. Since i loaded up a new computer with SW i used Ktag 2.11 on this station before, last time i flashed my galetto and installed xprog now Ktag gets recognized as USB Serial Converter. When i open ksuite it says connection not established.

Anyone got a clue?

Tried desoldering the UL46 from the board but no difference. Tried powering it up, ... Using DataLoader driver but nothing helps. Cant make KSuite see the device.

When i connect it to power, the green LED lights up, dies and then the red one lights up. Its a clone.

Tried different USB cable of course.

elektronik325
1st February, 2023, 12:50 AM
Hey guys... HJaving some of the same issues here.. Since i loaded up a new computer with SW i used Ktag 2.11 on this station before, last time i flashed my galetto and installed xprog now Ktag gets recognized as USB Serial Converter. When i open ksuite it says connection not established.

Anyone got a clue?

Tried desoldering the UL46 from the board but no difference. Tried powering it up, ... Using DataLoader driver but nothing helps. Cant make KSuite see the device.

When i connect it to power, the green LED lights up, dies and then the red one lights up. Its a clone.

Tried different USB cable of course.

I will say that these Chinese toys work 1 out of 10. And they support up to 65% of what it has in the service list. Try to install on another computer. Chinese clones don't work with each other. Galleto and Kess and Ktag.

p38
1st February, 2023, 02:59 PM
When you install Ktag on a computer where you have galetto, the galetto drivers crash.