PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi L200 pick-up diesel starting problem. Doesn?t start from cold.

super jumbe
17th December, 2014, 10:17 AM
Mitsubishi L200 pick-up starting problem. Doesn?t want to start from cold, but once started, it will start all day no problem. It has had new diesel filter, new air filter, new glow plugs, and runs fine.

I have checked there is no fuel starvetion, but made no difference. I did find a sticking valve down the side of the governor that seems to extend out when warm, and push the throttle linkage. It ran much better after that, and I thought that would cure it, but, no!

Please help thanks in advance.

CLK1201
17th December, 2014, 10:31 AM
cut wire starter to ecu ,it is engine 4d56 common rail it work perfect test 100% work

datapage
17th December, 2014, 10:52 AM
engine valves unregulated, bad compression.

super jumbe
17th December, 2014, 11:16 AM
cut wire starter to ecu ,it is engine 4d56 common rail it work perfect test 100% work

Thanks for early reply.
What colour wire? Is this wire from starter motor to ecu or is it from fuse box to ecu?
Please need more info, thanks for your time.

CLK1201
17th December, 2014, 03:06 PM
wire colour B/W STA-SW

cjawahir
17th December, 2014, 03:42 PM
possible bad compression , rings on piston sticking .

change the engine oil and see if it help .

also look at the engine oil level and see if higher than normal .

cj

super jumbe
17th December, 2014, 04:25 PM
Sorted mate, faulty pump on top of diesel filter, the pump valve may be faulty it was taking diesel back to the tank, replace with a new pump and starts first time.
Thanks to all for you time and help.

Meat-Head
17th December, 2014, 07:46 PM
WOW a thread that sj managed to fix in a day and reported back, great getting near Xmas I guess.