PDA

View Full Version : parental control

elhefe
21st June, 2008, 02:24 PM
Hi all
im trying to lock out the adult channels on my D2box. Im using a commando 6 image. I have done this before but its been a long while and the channels have been recently mixed up by Ch^*?s. If anyone can help me out ild greatly appericate it.

plasterer
21st June, 2008, 02:32 PM
create a folder using bouquet editor put all the ~~~~ into that folder, then highlight the name of the folder press the dbox then across the bottom of the screen - under the blue icon you will see Hide" press the blue button with ~~~~ folder highlighted and it will be locked...........Paul

elhefe
23rd June, 2008, 11:13 AM
thanks Plasterer

that hides the boquet alright. what i want to do is pin protect each channel as it appears? ive done it once before but for the life of me i cant remember how.

thanks for your help with this

elhefe

wiz569
23rd June, 2008, 12:29 PM
Do as plasterer said except keep pressing the dbox button til the writing under the blue button says "lock" then press blue,
Also make sure you have set a password in the youth protection section under dbox-settings.

elhefe
23rd June, 2008, 02:31 PM
thanks a million wiz i will trry it when i get home and let you know how i got on

charan
23rd June, 2008, 10:12 PM
thanks Plasterer

that hides the boquet alright. what i want to do is pin protect each channel as it appears? ive done it once before but for the life of me i cant remember how.

thanks for your help with this

elhefe

have you tried going into boqet editor, in pacino you can code protect the channels

elhefe
24th June, 2008, 08:17 AM
i did try the boquet editor in the web interface alrite and spent a long time working out what is what as in my image most of the buttons are in german. after a lot of messing i finally managed to figure out what i was doing.

to everyone thanks a million for all the help. its me, brain rot is a terrible thing you know:itsme:

bob114
26th June, 2008, 05:28 PM
hi
I removed adult channels by editing myservices file stops channels even after scan
just delete myservices if you want channels back

Backup your services file on your pc. Make a copy of services.xml to myservices.xml.
In 'myservices.xml' edit the lines with the adult channel entries to include 'action=remove'

For example if a line reads:
channel service_id="01fd" name="Red Hot Ladies" service_type="01"

change it to:
channel service_id="01fd" action="remove" name="Red Hot Ladies" service_type="01"

When you've changed all relevent entries (there may be several for each channel depending on the stream info),
copy the 'myservices.xml' file across to the same directory the 'services.xml' file currently resides in.
Restart your box and ~~~~ be gone!!