PDA

View Full Version : dreambox DM800 buying advise

loncell
12th July, 2009, 01:44 PM
i contemplating upgrading my DM7020s and buying a DM800.it took me a good few years of messing and fully understanding the full set up- the box ,cams ,motors and shit so im wondering ;-
1) how hard are theDM800 to set up ?.
2) are they reliable on CS and are the files and stuff readily available ?.
3) are there sly spots on HD all there once set up? and are there plenty of other HDa channels on it ( thats the main reason).
ive a lovely 50" veira tv and a ~~~~in dm500c on it which is totally defeating the object.
4) will have have to buy a dual tuner if i wanna run both cable and sat off the box and is this hard to set up both ?.

hope someone can answers and make my mind up for me.

cedrole
12th July, 2009, 01:48 PM
Hi loncell & Everyone

I would be in the situation, can anyone advise what would work better? and something that doesnt require constant fixes !!!

on_the_jazz
12th July, 2009, 03:27 PM

As hard as the DM500 or any other Dreambox. Only difference is you'll have to open it to put a hard drive in.

Can't discuss CS but it runs all the most popular cams so I don't see any issues.

3) are there sly spots on HD all there once set up? and are there plenty of other HDa channels on it ( thats the main reason).
ive a lovely 50" veira tv and a ~~~~in dm500c on it which is totally defeating the object.

Yes (only with sub or CS - there are very few free channels), SkyUK have over 30 HD channels.

4) will have have to buy a dual tuner if i wanna run both cable and sat off the box and is this hard to set up both ?.

The DM800 does not support 2 tuners.

art15t
13th July, 2009, 08:22 AM
i contemplating upgrading my DM7020s and buying a DM800.it took me a good few years of messing and fully understanding the full set up- the box ,cams ,motors and shit so im wondering ;-

Had it flashed in two minutes by the web method

Sorry mate I can't get into detail on CS but can confirm I'm well happy with mine ;-)

Depends what image you use m8 but you can always blindscan 28.2, then set yourself up a bouquet of HD's.

It's a single tuner m8. An extra ?500 is well worth jumping up to the 8000 though ...hahaha NOT

hope someone can answers and make my mind up for me.

oh and BTW the fan is ~~~~in noisy as hell so I mod'd mine with a bigger, quieter one from maplins but did a bit of soldering as the connectors are super small on the 800 compared to the ones you get for PC's. I couldn't fit it back into it's original place so it sits loose slightly to one side next to HDD. However it now runs a LOT quiter and cooler!

westkill
13th July, 2009, 08:58 AM
ive got mine sat on one of these
laptop cooler, Computing, Consumer Electronics, Mobile Home Phones items at low prices on eBay.co.uk (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1311&_nkw=laptop+cooler&_sacat=See-All-Categories)
then pluged into the usb port lol

art15t
13th July, 2009, 06:36 PM
ive got mine sat on one of these
laptop cooler, Computing, Consumer Electronics, Mobile Home Phones items at low prices on eBay.co.uk (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1311&_nkw=laptop+cooler&_sacat=See-All-Categories)
then pluged into the usb port lol

I like that one, excellent idea BUT I'm guessing it still makes some noise. Unfortunately for me I have another noise in the take of a woman and if it isn't nigh on silent she does what all women do best:girlshit:

opsmonkey
13th July, 2009, 06:53 PM
I like that one, excellent idea BUT I'm guessing it still makes some noise. Unfortunately for me I have another noise in the take of a woman and if it isn't nigh on silent she does what all women do best:girlshit:

she takes it in the rear..? how kind lol

i use a laptop cooler, for my laptop..! It is really quiet, unless your right next to it, you cant hear it

Curious123
13th July, 2009, 08:58 PM
You will also need to decide wether you are going to buy a clone or an original. The clones have problems running the latest images.

westkill
13th July, 2009, 09:03 PM
buying a dm800 or dm8000 i would buy the original without a doubt :)

.: JaCkPoT :.
13th July, 2009, 11:12 PM
For cooking i think a 3.5 '' Hdd fan on top will keep it really cool, as it has two fans, one pushing air in the other pushing air out!