PDA

View Full Version : no signal (help)

femmi78
20th December, 2014, 01:03 AM
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me, ive just come out of hospital today and my skybox f5s has no signal on all channels.
I know a little how to work the box but need help working out how to fix the problem if at all it can be fixed.

Nutsandbolts
20th December, 2014, 01:45 AM
Hi i assume that the box was working ok before you went to hospital. I would check the cable is in properly at both ends. It could also be faulty LNb or dish has moved and lost the satellite. Which satellite are we talking about??

Regards.

femmi78
20th December, 2014, 01:47 PM
hi thank you for replying, yes the box was working fine before I went into hospital .. am using sky uk 28a satellite. ive gone into my antenna setup and my signal intensity is 45% signal quality 10%. if it is one of them problems can it be fixed or is it just worth throwing the box away and get a new one ?

Regards
Femmi

DOUGALMCD
20th December, 2014, 04:19 PM
It's looking like your satellite dish will need to be re aligned as the signal is very poor. hth

femmi78
20th December, 2014, 04:56 PM
It's looking like your satellite dish will need to be re aligned as the signal is very poor. hth

will I have to get someone to do that or is it easy done ?

thank you for replying

gilvey
20th December, 2014, 06:50 PM
Well if you've got to get someone out to it, you may as well have a go yourself first might save you a few quid

femmi78
20th December, 2014, 06:52 PM
Well if you've got to get someone out to it, you may as well have a go yourself first might save you a few quid

thank you for the replies will see if my brother can do it for me after these winds calm down :)

slugworth
20th December, 2014, 07:34 PM
make sure the dish is still there

Nutsandbolts
21st December, 2014, 01:32 AM
Hi. it may not be a dish problem.. i would check the cables to begin with to save you messing about with the dish. By the figures you are giving it sounds more like a cable/LNB problem rather than a dish problem. Also have you checked that all channels are not working as channels can change frequencies from time to time and you may need to do a rescan to get them back.

Regards.

slugworth
21st December, 2014, 05:42 PM
45/10 is the standard % for no lnb connected at all to the receiver.

Hadron
21st December, 2014, 09:37 PM
If you have any other type of satellite box (or can borrow one), then I would try connecting that up first, as your dish/LNB might be OK.

If you start trying to realign your dish & it's your box that's gone kaput, then all you will achieve is to misalign a dish that may already be correctly aligned.

Did anyone else play with your box while you were in hospital?

Check that the LNB cable is in the right socket & hasn't been put in the LOOP socket. Check that LNB power is still set to ON in Menu > installation > LNB power. Check that LNB freq. is set to Universal(9750-10600) in Menu > installation > Antenna setup.