PDA

View Full Version : replace duall mass clutch with single one

kospoz
20th December, 2014, 07:08 PM
Hi everybody.Is there someone that had made this change on vw group eg. octavia 2.0 common rail engine?In past i had made a lot of but not 2.0 only 1.9 tdi.I know that the 2.0 common rail has clutch same with 2.0tdi BKD engine.Any ideas for spare part?
Thank you

cactikid
20th December, 2014, 10:04 PM
i think i was caught with same problem no single one made for my model factors or dealers but was surprised how cheap the replacement was from factors,they even rechecked price as it was cheaper than they thought.
refitted a new dual mass kit all in one unit just bolt into position lol

kospoz
21st December, 2014, 06:52 PM
i think i was caught with same problem no single one made for my model factors or dealers but was surprised how cheap the replacement was from factors,they even rechecked price as it was cheaper than they thought.
refitted a new dual mass kit all in one unit just bolt into position lol
so the only solution is dual mass kit again.

cactikid
21st December, 2014, 09:37 PM
if factors or dealers only list duel mass for yours then yes.

super jumbe
22nd December, 2014, 04:02 PM
Hi everybody.Is there someone that had made this change on vw group eg. octavia 2.0 common rail engine?In past i had made a lot of but not 2.0 only 1.9 tdi.I know that the 2.0 common rail has clutch same with 2.0tdi BKD engine.Any ideas for spare part?
Thank you

Octavia engine similar to VW Golf you could try for experiment get a single one from motor factors let us know how you get on….I am 99% confidence.

kospoz
23rd December, 2014, 03:48 PM
Octavia engine similar to VW Golf you could try for experiment get a single one from motor factors let us know how you get on….I am 99% confidence.
I did one with BKD engine octavia 5 6 gears transmission in past but i had few problems with the clutch.The spare part kit was from valeo.The dealer said to me today that the part from new octavia with common rail is the same with previous BKD engine.Too bad

super jumbe
23rd December, 2014, 05:49 PM
Most you may have to change is the flywheel, there is always a way out if you what to save money.