PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a Tv Captrue card

Funnyguy
12th July, 2009, 07:12 PM
Hi

Im wanting to purchase a TV capture card so i can record from my dbox2 to my comp...just wandering if anyone can recommended me a good yet cheap internal card or any other alternatives

looking around 20-30 quid...Im using Vista so i has to be compatible with that

Thanks
FG

chroma
13th July, 2009, 01:06 AM
set up your dbox2 to stream to a pc and just use something like StreaMeNG RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/242880581/StreamMeNG_0.62_en-us.rar)

Saves any footering about with cards.

Funnyguy
13th July, 2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks ill givet his programme a go...ive tried neutrinoTV and DboxTV before but havent got them to work so ill try this

Thanks

Any tips for getting it started or is it similar set up to the programmes ive mentioned

FG

chroma
13th July, 2009, 02:51 PM
i just installed commando, enabled streaming (a bit of a headache initialy) then downloaded that program and set up the ports and ip and voila, i can stream to my laptop anywhere in the house, record and change channels remotely.

Funnyguy
13th July, 2009, 02:57 PM
im running the laky sylas image....how do you enable the streaming?

Ive installed the app and it seemes to work but only for FTA channels but the programme keeps crashing...could it be because im using shitsa (Vista?)?

chroma
14th July, 2009, 12:34 AM
im running the laky sylas image....how do you enable the streaming?

Ive installed the app and it seemes to work but only for FTA channels but the programme keeps crashing...could it be because im using shitsa (Vista?)?

Dont know about laky sylas, never used it.
I run the program on vista, seems to work for me just fine.

I did however have to DMZ my dbox from my router in order to get it to connect consistently (port forwarding issue i guess, but my router is a little glitchy sometimes)

There should be a menu somewhere in your image to allow you to enable your lan and set it up to stream, but ive got no clue where.

Funnyguy
14th July, 2009, 09:26 AM
Would that be by ay chance mounitng a network volume? and set the iP adress their? if so the ip of dbox or Comp?

And again sorry for being a noob but DMZ? lol

I did get it to work for about 10 minutes last night with no glitches apart from disney channels sound being a bit off but dont watch that anyway....and i got to record aswell in very good quality, but i changed the channel using the remote and the programe crashed and ever since i havent been able to get the miniTV thing to work

chroma
14th July, 2009, 01:26 PM
Would that be by ay chance mounitng a network volume? and set the iP adress their? if so the ip of dbox or Comp?

And again sorry for being a noob but DMZ? lol

I did get it to work for about 10 minutes last night with no glitches apart from disney channels sound being a bit off but dont watch that anyway....and i got to record aswell in very good quality, but i changed the channel using the remote and the programe crashed and ever since i havent been able to get the miniTV thing to work

A DMZ is a DeMilitarized Zone. you can specify an ip as a DMZ on most routers, this has the effect of feeding everything to that ip bypassing everything. In effect its like directly connectiong that computer to a modem, no firewalls, no port forwarding tables. Just a straight through connection. Its a lazy and generaly dangerous way of setting things up (you dont have to configure any other settings or set up any other rules)

It leaves the computer wide open to the rest of the world and therefore open to attack by hackers and such. not that thats really an issue on a dbox.

Funnyguy
15th July, 2009, 03:01 PM
ive got it to work, just had to restart my computer and the programme started to work...just one lil thing i cant find the watch me screen i think i resized it accidently and now cant see it again, might uninstall it and install it again to see if i can get the minitv back lol

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it =D