PDA

View Full Version : Range rover sport Radio + Sat Nav problem

adam28
22nd December, 2014, 05:32 PM
Hi guys

I have a Range Rover Sport HSE 2005 year

Problem is that stereo comes on and is working but getting no sound from speakers and also the sat nav is not working too. The sat nav All lights up but just stays on the land rover logo screen, yet to do diag, but have any of you heard of this before?

From what i read on the internet it seems a common problem, with both the sat nav and radio not working properly together so i assumme its linked, but yet to find a fix.
I have tried the reset procedure where you disconnect the battery terminals for 10 mins then then touch the positive and negative together then reconnect to battery and start car, but this didnt help.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Adam

adam28
22nd December, 2014, 09:47 PM
Just see this thread http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f152/rover-vogue-think-2007-a-326513/

So going to try bypass BT module

Cheers

Meat-Head
24th December, 2014, 12:13 AM
Why is that you spend hour and hours on dk nothing, go send a tweet and miss SONETHING.

yes got it in one look at post 25 ref part number for a butt connector

adam28
24th December, 2014, 12:43 PM
Hi guys

still have same problem, but noticed that the optical cables are not flashing they dont come on at all. Even when ignition cycled I have checked all fuses but none blown.

Also the blowers in the car aint working

Any ideas

Meat-Head
24th December, 2014, 06:10 PM
OFF TOPIC:-

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HV3B26XPPYQ

Press 'clutch down' and tweet for it, not looked at the video as all E46 drivers are assholes, thinks the same ?35+VAT GSP
look for crack. Pos in neg in. Pos out. Motor out trigger in. THINK the metal spikes join then to steering colon with spanner THINK motor should run ign on or off

ON TOPIC:-

Right use your FAVORUTE tools remove the entire sat nav then turn ign on ALL the fiber optic modules should give a red glow, just look and move on, as can damage eyes, or iShit a photo

THINK AND ONLY A THINK, remove spare tire look at modules think might have fuse in back of one.

adam28
24th December, 2014, 09:20 PM
OFF TOPIC:-

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HV3B26XPPYQ

Press 'clutch down' and tweet for it, not looked at the video as all E46 drivers are assholes, thinks the same ?35+VAT GSP
look for crack. Pos in neg in. Pos out. Motor out trigger in. THINK the metal spikes join then to steering colon with spanner THINK motor should run ign on or off

Right use your FAVORUTE tools remove the entire sat nav then turn ign on ALL the fiber optic modules should give a red glow, just look and move on, as can damage eyes, or iShit a photo

THINK AND ONLY A THINK, remove spare tire look at modules think might have fuse in back of one.

Thanks for the reply Meaty.

Think i need to trace back to where i can actually get a red glow from the fibre optic cable as im yet to find to one that does, mind you ive only checked the bluetooth module in the back and the amp under the seat. Could do with some wiring diagrams but cant get any...

Meat-Head
24th December, 2014, 09:51 PM
Fault car car fault, start with young the lot out, remember they fill with water, if you think it's something full of water, rumor states "the head unit fills with water" rumor uncertified

deffo poke at heater incase lost power somewhere