PDA

View Full Version : de ja vu dreams

waqasahmed
13th July, 2009, 01:00 AM
Has anyone had a dream and the exact same things happened in real life even though it may be weeks, months or even years afterwards. I had a dream a couple of weeks ago. My dad watching something on National geographic sitting down at the table, my brother being told off and me going upstairs to my room.

Just a couple of days ago, the exact same dream happened(exact same positions, exact same channel, exact same program) in real life. Is it just me? Or does this happen to others as well? Hope Im not mad :D (Well I am, but hope Im not diagnosed mad :D) I also dont get why on earth I was dreaming about TV(hopefully next time I can dream about someone cracking nag 3 though :D)

chroma
13th July, 2009, 02:07 AM
it happens to everyone, if it happens frequently then you should see a doc about it as its indicative of cranial problems like brain tumours, cysts, haemhorrages etc.

Its not actualy real you see, its your brain "missfiring" the junctions between the left and right hemispheres are malfunctioning.

Your brain is actualy two different bits. the left side of your brain controls the right side of your body, your right side of your brain controls the left.

When you see something for instance both sides of the brain communicate with each other to guage reality, check depth of field, check against past experiences etc.
When the both hemispheres misscomunicate then your brain litteraly shits the bed and rather than going into shutdown it fabricates a backstory to compensate for the glitch to tell itself its alright.

De Ja Vu is just on portion of your brain reacting to something before the other, the other side freaks out and says "hang on a second, a portion of my brain has already seen this, oh shi-!" then fabricates a completely new reality to compinsate for performing the impossable.

This as it happens is simmilar to the process that pathological liars go through, they have no idea theyre lying and seriously believe themselves therefore fooling lie detection just as easily as they fool themselves.

waqasahmed
13th July, 2009, 02:18 AM
thanks.im not mad then :d

chroma
13th July, 2009, 02:20 AM
thanks.im not mad then :d

lol no but you might have a huge tumour instead :p so the question really is which is worse insanity or a cancer?
Answers on a postcard to the usual address :)

waqasahmed
13th July, 2009, 02:25 AM
well define frequently?i get these like once every 6 months or something

chroma
13th July, 2009, 02:58 AM
well define frequently?i get these like once every 6 months or something

Frequently like several times a day or so, its fairly normal to have them every few months, stress, straining and such causes things to missfire.

angus1972
13th July, 2009, 09:11 AM
I dont think you have described De Ja Vu....sorry....but a long time ago, when i was in my early teens, i was playing football in my friends back yard.
I was in goal for a penalty, suddenly i got this vision seconds (maybe 4 or 5) before the ball was struck, i seen the ball being kicked before it was kicked.
Now you cant say that this was the mind 'missfiring' as the time between the ball being kicked, and me making the move to save it would only be a split second.
I would never have been able to save the ball if my mind had 'missfired' due to the reaction time.

This vision is still clear in my mind over 20 years later, like it all happened yesterday.
One of the most amazing things that has ever happened to me that is unexplainable.

I have also had dreams of crashing my car over a barrier and tumbling down a hill, this has also happened to me, recently, and i have lived to tell the tale.

chroma
13th July, 2009, 11:58 PM
I dont think you have described De Ja Vu....sorry....but a long time ago, when i was in my early teens, i was playing football in my friends back yard.
I was in goal for a penalty, suddenly i got this vision seconds (maybe 4 or 5) before the ball was struck, i seen the ball being kicked before it was kicked.
Now you cant say that this was the mind 'missfiring' as the time between the ball being kicked, and me making the move to save it would only be a split second.
I would never have been able to save the ball if my mind had 'missfired' due to the reaction time.

This vision is still clear in my mind over 20 years later, like it all happened yesterday.
One of the most amazing things that has ever happened to me that is unexplainable.

I have also had dreams of crashing my car over a barrier and tumbling down a hill, this has also happened to me, recently, and i have lived to tell the tale.

How do you remember or actualy know anything?
You remember right?
How accurate are your memories?

Without delving too heavily into epistemology here:
Memory is a dynamic thing, in that its not static, doesnt stay still, it morphs slowly over time and can completely change in an instant should your mind be fed with new data and feel the need.
Ive got several memories im certain are not real and some memories have been completely irrevocably erased (about 3 or so years of my life are gone, but thats my own fault and problem)

Memory is entirely innacurate (this is something which infuriates judges)

Processing a 2GHz processor is capable of adding two digits together every 500 picoseconds aproximately (a picosecond is 0.0000000001 seconds) Your brain works faster.
Any given second your brain can actualy recite the entire works of shakespear (asuming youve actualy read the entire works of shakespear) and have time to sit idle, a few seconds to your brain is actualy an eternity in terms of "stuff to get done"

Its fairly straightforward to assume that by doing several billion things every second sometimes a couple will go awry, as such your brain is segmented and prioritised. Regulating your hormones, bloodpressure, breathing, heartbeat being high priority, memories and thought processes are definately in the lower priority.

As previously mentioned, your brain can and does overwrite entire memories in order to cope with things it doesnt understand, in order to avoid a crash. Your brain crashes and you die, id say an overflow into memory is a good compromise.
The important part here is that if a memory is overwritten you will have no knowledge of it being corrupted.

waqasahmed
14th July, 2009, 12:03 AM
Bloody heck. You just described a computer :D I suppose we are like PC's. We can store loads of stuff in our hard drives, but when it comes to remembering, we have to trawl through.

I always had the little jokey idea that men have less RAM than women? or is it that we have a single core CPU whereas they have a dual core CPU?

Col1n
7th October, 2009, 09:52 PM
I am sure I read this page several months ago :laugh:

Hope its not true though, just last night I dreamt that a friend from work talked me into helping him set someone else from work up, the set up invoved me waring a red dress that I rented from the doctors! a woman (who I dont know, and was lying on a king size 4 poster bed in the waiting room) was going to lend me some high heels

woke up in a cold sweat at that point, and couldn't get back to sleep afterwards.

I have been unwell recently and i think the medication is getting to me, atleast I hope so.

Spyrocheti
13th October, 2009, 08:25 PM
I had a dream losing control of my car driving off a high high high cliff.Wierd thing was I didn't instantly wake up but rather dreamt being dead. It felt like being buried alive.Two weeks later I did lose control driving down a mountain in greece on my way to some beach.Was really spectacular and I nearly wet my pants but nothing bad happened, just adrenaline overdose.Finally arriving at the beach and calming down I had the deja vu.

yaas
6th November, 2009, 11:15 PM
I had dream that I was with Megan Fox.

Any chance that myt come true in real life!!!?

:withstupid:

patkins
20th November, 2009, 01:10 PM
it happens to everyone, if it happens frequently then you should see a doc about it as its indicative of cranial problems like brain tumours, cysts, haemhorrages etc.

Its not actualy real you see, its your brain "missfiring" the junctions between the left and right hemispheres are malfunctioning.

Your brain is actualy two different bits. the left side of your brain controls the right side of your body, your right side of your brain controls the left.

When you see something for instance both sides of the brain communicate with each other to guage reality, check depth of field, check against past experiences etc.
When the both hemispheres misscomunicate then your brain litteraly shits the bed and rather than going into shutdown it fabricates a backstory to compensate for the glitch to tell itself its alright.

De Ja Vu is just on portion of your brain reacting to something before the other, the other side freaks out and says "hang on a second, a portion of my brain has already seen this, oh shi-!" then fabricates a completely new reality to compinsate for performing the impossable.

This as it happens is simmilar to the process that pathological liars go through, they have no idea theyre lying and seriously believe themselves therefore fooling lie detection just as easily as they fool themselves.
wow .Could you run that by me again

Raven
4th December, 2009, 09:40 PM
your brain is segmented and prioritised. Regulating your hormones, bloodpressure, breathing, heartbeat being high priority, memories and thought processes are definately in the lower priority.

Sorry but I found that part hilarious! ;)

Bloody heck. You just described a computer :D I suppose we are like PC's. We can store loads of stuff in our hard drives, but when it comes to remembering, we have to trawl through.

I always had the little jokey idea that men have less RAM than women? or is it that we have a single core CPU whereas they have a dual core CPU?

I dunno but Windows7 was my idea lol

waqasahmed
6th December, 2009, 12:55 AM
Is that why we're all crashing then? :D

Delux9364
6th December, 2009, 02:02 PM
!!! amazing !!!

cheekio2
7th December, 2009, 08:48 PM
Has anyone had a dream and the exact same things happened in real life even though it may be weeks, months or even years afterwards. I had a dream a couple of weeks ago. My dad watching something on National geographic sitting down at the table, my brother being told off and me going upstairs to my room.

Just a couple of days ago, the exact same dream happened(exact same positions, exact same channel, exact same program) in real life. Is it just me? Or does this happen to others as well? Hope Im not mad :D (Well I am, but hope Im not diagnosed mad :D) I also dont get why on earth I was dreaming about TV(hopefully next time I can dream about someone cracking nag 3 though :D) Same has happened to me, more than once the feeling that you have been there before. Very strange

Raven
7th December, 2009, 11:12 PM
Is that why we're all crashing then? :D

Probably - I crash regular lol

SuperSat
13th December, 2009, 12:19 AM

Can you prove it?
Because apparently the brain is far to much complicated to really understand the whole lot!
It is like dreaming, everybody dream every night but it is rarely that we do remember what we dreamed of!
but all the dreams have a signification, for example when you dream about sex you never see the penetration! or you never see yourself killed! you may see yourself falling but never dead!
you always wake up for a second because everybody is scare of dying!

SuperSat
13th December, 2009, 12:26 AM
Also on the deja vu Dreams happen to me but in a different way
the same situation the same location the same people same conversation same colour clothe and the same movement but in different years!!
dreamed it first then happened say 1993 then re happened 2004!
How can you explained that!
weird, no?
happened to me twice!!

Raven
13th December, 2009, 12:56 AM
There's just so much about space and time that we are ignorant of let alone have yet to learn or even understand, of the information we've thus far been able to piece together, they reckon that at any given moment in our life there are multiple different versions of us existing on very similar paths in the same place but in different realities, so they say this is even true of dinosaurs, but obviously in our reality we don't have dinosaurs because the asteroid did hit Earth, but in another reality it never happened, we (you and me as we sit here) or this version of us is existing in one reality and yet when you get into the realm of space and time you're also dealing with multiple realities in the same moment, I believe Deja Vu is a momentary lapse of realities involving two versions of ourselves overlapping slightly ahead of time where our future version overlaps it's current reality early with our current self's reality ahead of time - a glitch in the matrix if you will, so that what had arrived a few seconds or minutes later would have been a memory, is now a mental projection of the future of some sort or the feeling of having been through the same experience in spite having the experience in the moment for the first time.....

They also reckon we only use a very small percentage of our brains and personally I feel that if we can one day figure out and tap in to the cause of Deja Vu properly we could well be getting into the realm of time travel. God I'm starting to sound like Hiro off of Heroes! lol

SuperSat
13th December, 2009, 11:14 AM
We are using 3 to 5% of our brain!!
I am sure we could do much more with our brain!
example communicate each other by taught!
or even better moving thing with our brain but it will take years before we found out and may more years before we put it in practice!!!